Will I be able to get a 7 Plus in a Verizon store in release day?

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't able to pre-order the 7 Plus on the 9th, and if I order now the estimated arrival date is 10/12. I don't necessarily have a problem with waiting, but getting it earlier would be nice. What do you guys think my chances are of being able to pick up a Rose Gold 128GB 7 Plus from a Verizon retail store on release day? I can be there as early as need be, but do you guys think they'll even have them in stores?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The chances are slim, you have a much better chance waking up at 5am and reserving a phone through apple for pickup.. Are you close to an apple store?

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am very close to an Apple Store. I've never gotten my iPhone from the Apple Store before, how does it work? With Verizon I don't have to pay anything down when I trade in my old phone, is it the same for the Apple Store?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have purchased an iPhone at the Apple Store on Verizon payment plan. Not on release day so i don't have any suggestions for you there. The only thing you pay is the tax on the retail price of the device and maybe a $20 upgrade fee. I think I paid $60-70 in tax for my 256gb iPhone 7 online and I will get the $20 upgrade fee refunded for ordering online.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
It's hit or miss. I got a NOTE 7 on launch day at a verizon store because they had stock set aside for it. I also got there in the morning and its not in a very busy area during business hours. That being said I pre-ordered because I'm out of town.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
It's looking like my chances will be better at the Apple Store. Thankfully for me the Apple Store is right across the street from Verizon, I'm gonna try my luck on release day, and if I do have to wait a month, I guess I'll live. lol

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The chances are slim, you have a much better chance waking up at 5am and reserving a phone through apple for pickup.. Are you close to an apple store?

I personally (just me) think this is beyond a long shot. Almost every phone (depending on providers) are sold out online for either shipping or in-store pick up. Waiting until 9/16 to order online and pick up in the store same day is like getting hit by lightning on the way to collect your lottery winnings. Just off the chart for the odds. However, that being said, some of the "authorized resellers" may have some stock. Chances are you may have slim pickings and may not get "what you wanted" but there is a chance of walking out with an iPhone 7 or 7+ .. my guess it would be gold / rose gold and 256 (I think those are the least likely to sell this time around) (again my 2-cents) not based on anything other than a guess.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've changed my game plan, I'm going to Verizon at 6AM(any earlier isnt worth it anymore lol), hopefully I'll be one of the first there. I'd prefer a 128GB, but I'd take a 256GB if that's all they have. It must be Rose Gold though, I'll just order online and wait until October or November if they don't have Rose Gold.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I personally (just me) think this is beyond a long shot. Almost every phone (depending on providers) are sold out online for either shipping or in-store pick up. Waiting until 9/16 to order online and pick up in the store same day is like getting hit by lightning on the way to collect your lottery winnings. Just off the chart for the odds. However, that being said, some of the "authorized resellers" may have some stock. Chances are you may have slim pickings and may not get "what you wanted" but there is a chance of walking out with an iPhone 7 or 7+ .. my guess it would be gold / rose gold and 256 (I think those are the least likely to sell this time around) (again my 2-cents) not based on anything other than a guess.

Actually no because EVERY Apple Store (even confirmed with a senior Apple employee over the phone) has a set number of phones that are released daily for sale during the first few weeks. This started during the 6 or 6s but even when the phones were sold out online I was still able to reserve a phone for pickup everyday of the week (I was just up at 5am refreshing every minute). The authorized resellers in my area had none in stock after the first day. Maybe it's just cause my city isn't big but I still think that's the best chance.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually no because EVERY Apple Store (even confirmed with a senior Apple employee over the phone) has a set number of phones that are released daily for sale during the first few weeks. This started during the 6 or 6s but even when the phones were sold out online I was still able to reserve a phone for pickup everyday of the week (I was just up at 5am refreshing every minute). The authorized resellers in my area had none in stock after the first day. Maybe it's just cause my city isn't big but I still think that's the best chance.

So based on the Actual Post I replied too... you think the person can get up at 5-am on Friday 9/16 and reserve a phone and go into his local Apple store that very day and pick up the phone and model they want. So what you're saying is I can get up this Friday at 5am, go to Apple.com and reserve a Matte Black iPhone 7 or 7+ 128GB and they will have it for me at the local apple store, let's say at 1pm the very same day.

Almost makes all those who fought to pre-order feel like they could have done better on launch day! Really?

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
So based on the Actual Post I replied too... you think the person can get up at 5-am on Friday 9/16 and reserve a phone and go into his local Apple store that very day and pick up the phone and model they want. So what you're saying is I can get up this Friday at 5am, go to Apple.com and reserve a Matte Black iPhone 7 or 7+ 128GB and they will have it for me at the local apple store, let's say at 1pm the very same day.

Almost makes all those who fought to pre-order feel like they could have done better on launch day! Really?

You won't be able to reserve the phone online on launch day this year - you'll have to get in line and hope that you get a phone that they set aside for walk-in customers.

Starting on Saturday, you'll be able to reserve phones online again and schedule an appointment to pick up the phone. Also, if it's anything like last year, you don't have to wake up at 5am to check your local Apple Store's stock. It's usually updated an hour or two before the store opens.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You won't be able to reserve the phone online on launch day this year - you'll have to get in line and hope that you get a phone that they set aside for walk-in customers.

Starting on Saturday, you'll be able to reserve phones online again and schedule an appointment to pick up the phone. Also, if it's anything like last year, you don't have to wake up at 5am to check your local Apple Store's stock. It's usually updated an hour or two before the store opens.

I don't disagree, mine is coming on Friday. It was the person I "quoted" who said she believes you can go online now, buy an iPhone and pick it up on Friday and they're all going to be in stock... that is what I got out of her post. My reply is that's basically impossible at this point. She never replied, so I don't know what the actual thought process is/was?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't able to pre-order the 7 Plus on the 9th, and if I order now the estimated arrival date is 10/12. I don't necessarily have a problem with waiting, but getting it earlier would be nice. What do you guys think my chances are of being able to pick up a Rose Gold 128GB 7 Plus from a Verizon retail store on release day? I can be there as early as need be, but do you guys think they'll even have them in stores?

Currently I would say virtually 0,for the 7 plus.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/a...stores-and-all-jet-black-models-are-sold-out/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711