Black vs Silver Variants. More Noticeable? 7 Plus version

Statik SA1

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! I will be purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Silver most definitely but also thinking about the Black Color(Matte Black). In terms of black, and jet black, wouldn't the color be more stealthy and subtle. No one could tell that it's an iPhone from a distance, and could be mistaken for any "normal" phone, but with the silver model that Apple logo really does stick out since it's more noticeable and screams iPhone! Wouldn't Silver be the color to go with to stand out and say, yes this is an iPhone. My experience with a black phone versus the white one would be a simple scenario at a local mall when having a black phone, no one really noticed a long while along with colleagues. But after getting my white 6s Plus, everyone should ask me about the phone and once someone even stopped me to ask about it. This may not happen every time but it was worth noting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience. Having said that, I don't buy iPhones to get noticed, and I don't spend my time looking at what devices other people use. Still, I agree that certain colors are more noticeable than others. I'm more than likely will be getting a black iPhone 7 Plus.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I've never gotten the new color because I don't care who knows I have an iPhone nor do I want to stand out. I ordered silver because it's one of my favorite colors and I wanted to go from a black face to a white face this year. That's all.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I understand you point of view. I have a space grey iPhone 6s Plus and I have a friend who have a gold iPhone 6s and yes when we're sitting playing with our phones, her phone is more noticeable than mine. You can tell it's an iPhone because of microphone and that two dots on the top of the phone (i don't know the real name of it) but if you're sitting at a bar and there is someone far away from you with a phone with those features you can tell "oh that's definitely an iPhone" right?! With black phones it doesn't happen. Everything blends in perfectly. Even the Touch ID ring is black. It's more subtle.
When I went to a store to buy my iPhone I really wanted the silver one because I did like the front of it but I hated the back of it. It looked like plastic to me. So I went to the space grey.
Personally you don't have to buy an iPhone worried if someone at the other side of the corner is gonna look at you and say you have an iPhone. The only problem I see here is the color. If you like the silver go for it. If you prefer the black or jet black go and get it. Having an iPhone today is so common. Almost everyone have it. Just invest your money on what is best for you and what you like. Its your money and your tastes not their money and their tastes.

Statik SA1

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I understand you point of view. I have a space grey iPhone 6s Plus and I have a friend who have a gold iPhone 6s and yes when we're sitting playing with our phones, her phone is more noticeable than mine. You can tell it's an iPhone because of microphone and that two dots on the top of the phone (i don't know the real name of it) but if you're sitting at a bar and there is someone far away from you with a phone with those features you can tell "oh that's definitely an iPhone" right?! With black phones it doesn't happen. Everything blends in perfectly. Even the Touch ID ring is black. It's more subtle.
When I went to a store to buy my iPhone I really wanted the silver one because I did like the front of it but I hated the back of it. It looked like plastic to me. So I went to the space grey.
Personally you don't have to buy an iPhone worried if someone at the other side of the corner is gonna look at you and say you have an iPhone. The only problem I see here is the color. If you like the silver go for it. If you prefer the black or jet black go and get it. Having an iPhone today is so common. Almost everyone have it. Just invest your money on what is best for you and what you like. Its your money and your tastes not their money and their tastes.

Wow, this is the exactly what i experience and no one could of said it better! I wanted the black because it's the new color but i hate black phones in general i like the silver because of the sleek design.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a gold iPhone 6. My 5s was gold too. My 5 was silver and my previous iPhones were obviously all black.

When I get asked why I bought the gold phone because "no-one will see it, it's in a case," my answer is that I didn't buy it for everyone else to look at, I bought it for me to look at. It doesn't matter to me what other people think of my colour choice, i'm the only one that matters in this regard.

My 7 plus is going to be matte black mainly because I think it looks amazing. I may rue my decision not to get another gold one but I doubt it somehow..

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this is the exactly what i experience and no one could of said it better! I wanted the black because it's the new color but i hate black phones in general i like the silver because of the sleek design.

Yeah right? We need to think about ourselves. It's an iPhone not a WePhone! 😅
But I really love the silver color but the back makes me kinda "sad". My next iPhone would be probably silver. I wanna try it.

San yu

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, all.
I am an iPhone user.I have to upgrade Iphone 6 Plug to iPhone7 Plug but I have quite confused to choice the colour.So I would appreciate if you could give me some advice about chosen Iphone 7 Plug colour.

Thank you all.

Regard,

San

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, all.
I am an iPhone user.I have to upgrade Iphone 6 Plug to iPhone7 Plug but I have quite confused to choice the colour.So I would appreciate if you could give me some advice about chosen Iphone 7 Plug colour.

Thank you all.

Regard,

San

The Jet Black and Black both have the Black faceplates which look very premium to me. The silver, gold and rose gold all have the white faceplates. I chose the Black simply because I'm not that impressed about the Jet Black (which is a shiny black) seeing that I keep a case on my phone. Also, the case will cover the silver, gold or rose gold colors.

I hope this helps!

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, all.

Thank you all.

Regard,

San

The Jet Black and Black both have the Black faceplates which look very premium to me. The silver, gold and rose gold all have the white faceplates. I chose the Black simply because I'm not that impressed about the Jet Black (which is a shiny black) seeing that I keep a case on my phone. Also, the case will cover the silver, gold or rose gold colors.

I hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner