6/6s to iPhone 7 Plus...why?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I posted a reverse of this in the iPhone 7 subform.

Did any of you "upgrade" from your former iPhone 6 or 6s to the new iPhone 7 Plus?

If you did ...why did you?

nelonez

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading from an iPhone 6 Plus, so I'm due for an upgrade... to me a better camera and faster processor is worth it.. and not to mention the 256GB...

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 6 Plus here, upgrading to a 7 Plus

All the normal reasons people upgrade:

Better processor
Better battery life
Dual cameras look awesome
I like Apple stuff

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Did any of you "upgrade" from your former iPhone 6 or 6s to the new iPhone 7 Plus?

I haven't purchased the iPhone 7 Plus just yet, but I will within the next few weeks.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a 6s. I've been a long time phone lover. Used to work in a Verizon Corp store. I used to do only Android but tried a iPhone 6 and fell in love. The main reason I am simply upgrading is because I have a 16gb model. Crazy I know. I need more storage and have been deleting txts and most of my pics weekly. :(
I chose the 7plus for the battery life and camera. My 6s is good on battery life but I need something that lasts a little longer. I usually end the day at like 15% and am looking for a charger at 10pm so I can FT my SO.

Excited for the new device

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'll be upgrading from my 6s to either a 7 or 7 plus. Haven't quite decided yet. The camera is what was most intriguing to me. I also want to try and get used to the new solid-state home button.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I currently have a 6 and I'm upgrading to the 7 plus. I spend so much time on my phone now, reading scripts, using Apple Maps and other apps that require a lot of screen real estate, that moving up to a bigger screen was a no-brainer. I thought about it when I first bought my 6 but decided against it. I regretted that decision then.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your participation.

You're welcome (though I know you were being condescending).

I mean was the response any less legitimate than another? I bought the new iPhone and replaced my 6S Plus because why not? It wasn't particularly wowing or anything, none of the "new" features were mind blowing, I just bought it because why not buy the new iPhone?

I'm sorry I didn't conduct some epic and emotional response for the world, lol.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6s plus and I'm not gonna upgrade. But if I did I would just upgrade because of the camera. I don't see a need to upgrade right now. But I totally recommend someone who own a 6 or a 6 plus to get it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome (though I know you were being condescending).

I mean was the response any less legitimate than another? I bought the new iPhone and replaced my 6S Plus because why not? It wasn't particularly wowing or anything, none of the "new" features were mind blowing, I just bought it because why not buy the new iPhone?

I'm sorry I didn't conduct some epic and emotional response for the world, lol.

We are proud that this is a forum of helpful people. Your response was not helpful to the OP who asked for reasons as to why people switched. It's not informative and doesn't help anyone else make a decision. So yes, your response was less legitimate than others who actually provided a reason as to why they switched.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
We are proud that this is a forum of helpful people. Your response was not helpful to the OP who asked for reasons as to why people switched. It's not informative and doesn't help anyone else make a decision. So yes, your response was less legitimate than others who actually provided a reason as to why they switched.

Actually, the OP simply asked "Why did you?" if you go back and read the post.

I answered that with a truthful response. I don't recall there being a prerequisite of having a long, drawn out reasoning to buy this new iPhone to answer the original question. My reasoning was, quite honestly, why not? You can take that as me being curt or "unhelpful" as you called it, but it's certainly just as legitimate a reason as any other one. I didn't need some cerebral rationale to buy the new iPhone. I wanted it so why not buy it?

The OP didn't specify he wanted responses in light of helping other people make a decision, so I gave my reason. It's ok if you don't feel it was a legitimate reason, because it wasn't your decision to make.

:beer:

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6s and am planning on getting the 7 plus. I just want to get the bigger screen and the camera looks like a good upgrade. Haven't pre ordered will wait and pick on up over the next few weeks. No rush.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the OP simply asked "Why did you?" if you go back and read the post.

I answered that with a truthful response. I don't recall there being a prerequisite of having a long, drawn out reasoning to buy this new iPhone to answer the original question. My reasoning was, quite honestly, why not? You can take that as me being curt or "unhelpful" as you called it, but it's certainly just as legitimate a reason as any other one. I didn't need some cerebral rationale to buy the new iPhone. I wanted it so why not buy it?

The OP didn't specify he wanted responses in light of helping other people make a decision, so I gave my reason. It's ok if you don't feel it was a legitimate reason, because it wasn't your decision to make.

:beer:

You don't need a long or drawn-out response. It would have been more helpful to put something a bit more informative than "why not?" But I get it, you didn't come here to be helpful. I understand. We all have our crosses to bear.

why
(h)wī/
adverb
adverb: why
for what reason or purpose.
"why did he do it?"
synonyms:how come, for what reason, for what purpose, what for, to what end; archaicwherefore
"I know you're quitting school, but why?"
Time for me to go on my merry way. Good luck to you.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a 6s Plus to a 7 plus.

My reasons are:
1.) Faster
2.) Better Camera
3.) Louder with Stereo Speakers
4.) Twice the Storage
5.) Good Water Resistance
6.) Longer Battery Life

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
You don't need a long or drawn-out response. It would have been more helpful to put something a bit more informative than "why not?" But I get it, you didn't come here to be helpful. I understand. We all have our crosses to bear.

why
(h)wī/
adverb
adverb: why
for what reason or purpose.
"why did he do it?"
synonyms:how come, for what reason, for what purpose, what for, to what end; archaicwherefore
"I know you're quitting school, but why?"
Time for me to go on my merry way. Good luck to you.

It's so weird that someone who was preaching about being helpful is being so confrontational to a new member here, especially over an answer that wasn't derogatory or negative in its own regard. And you continue to do so after I explained, in further detail than what should have been required, what my answer meant. I'm not looking for your approval here obviously, but your condescending tone is a bit comedic really. You put the definition of the word "why", and my response to OP specifically fulfilled that definition. Simplicity, I've found, can be as effective as drawing out and over complicating a non-complex thought.

You've gone and tried to make it more dynamic than it needed to be because you, for some reason, can't seem to grasp the fact that some people might buy a new smart phone for no other reason than what I responded with. Interesting how such a simple and to the point answer is met with such hostility by someone clamoring on about being helpful and informative. Sure makes a guy feel welcome!

Enjoy your merry way. :beer:

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Going from a 6s to a 7 plus this year. Bigger screen mainly and the new features are an added "plus". Pun intended. I'm on a payment plan so might as well pay for this years model.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2