6/6s to iPhone 7 Plus...why?

mikezmac

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I posted a reverse of this in the iPhone 7 subform.

Did any of you "upgrade" from your former iPhone 6 or 6s to the new iPhone 7 Plus?

If you did ...why did you?

I'm still debating.

If I do it will be "just because".

Debating the same for the watch.

What a HO HUM boring year for Apple.
*Yawn*

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's so weird that someone who was preaching about being helpful is being so confrontational to a new member here, especially over an answer that wasn't derogatory or negative in its own regard. And you continue to do so after I explained, in further detail than what should have been required, what my answer meant. I'm not looking for your approval here obviously, but your condescending tone is a bit comedic really. You put the definition of the word "why", and my response to OP specifically fulfilled that definition. Simplicity, I've found, can be as effective as drawing out and over complicating a non-complex thought.

You've gone and tried to make it more dynamic than it needed to be because you, for some reason, can't seem to grasp the fact that some people might buy a new smart phone for no other reason than what I responded with. Interesting how such a simple and to the point answer is met with such hostility by someone clamoring on about being helpful and informative. Sure makes a guy feel welcome!

Enjoy your merry way. :beer:

lol TBH I didn't see anything wrong with your reply.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
lol TBH I didn't see anything wrong with your reply.

lol, thanks! I mean it was an honest answer, I just bought it because why not buy it? I guess some people are just set off by simple retorts for whatever reason. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it myself. Cheers! :beer:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
It's so weird that someone who was preaching about being helpful is being so confrontational to a new member here, especially over an answer that wasn't derogatory or negative in its own regard. And you continue to do so after I explained, in further detail than what should have been required, what my answer meant. I'm not looking for your approval here obviously, but your condescending tone is a bit comedic really. You put the definition of the word "why", and my response to OP specifically fulfilled that definition. Simplicity, I've found, can be as effective as drawing out and over complicating a non-complex thought.

You've gone and tried to make it more dynamic than it needed to be because you, for some reason, can't seem to grasp the fact that some people might buy a new smart phone for no other reason than what I responded with. Interesting how such a simple and to the point answer is met with such hostility by someone clamoring on about being helpful and informative. Sure makes a guy feel welcome!

Enjoy your merry way. :beer:

MJ...

Since it was I who fired the first shot over the bow with my response to your reply post, I suppose I shouldn't have been so curt in my reply. And, I sure didn't mean for others to go over the top with it. So, please accept my apology for being such a poor host...

And, welcome to iMore. :beer:

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
MJ...

Since it was I who fired the first shot over the bow with my response to your reply post, I suppose I shouldn't have been so curt in my reply. And, I sure didn't mean for others to go over the top with it. So, please accept my apology for being such a poor host...

And, welcome to iMore. :beer:

Accepted, and thank you. :beer:

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Currently have a 6s and I'm needing/wanting that 1080 screen along with the size. Battery will be a added perk. Nothing compares to the+ in terms of battery. And I'm looking forward to the new A10 fusion. Bigger keyboard will be nice also. Also looking forward to the new dual camera. 6s is a nice phone and so is the regular 7 but the + is where i'm going this year. Can't wait

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
From 6 Plus to 7 Plus, because I'm really a fabulous person and I deserve the best of everything, said the queen while drinking her coffee in bed. :biggrin:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a 6 Plus here, upgrading to a 7 Plus

All the normal reasons people upgrade:

Better processor
Better battery life
Dual cameras look awesome
I like Apple stuff

I don't think the average person is upgrading cause of better processor, and the camera bump looks pretty awful on the 7 Plus, to be frank. More area to get scratched or dirty. Huge size means you're going to need a relatively thick case to keep it from getting scratched on surfaces, etc. which means the phone is going to be thick and heavy AF when you run with a case on it - which has been my issue with the 6 and 6S Plus over the past couple of years.

The phone is nice and thin/light with nothing on it,but it's a bar of soap. So, in order to add grip and keep the camera bump off of surfaces you end up bloating the weight and thickness of the phone considerably (as well as it's already overbearing WIDTH - thanks to HUGE bezels).

I also don't think Apple's "improved battery life claims" have ever really materialized. They've been saying you're going to get 1 more hour of battery life for years now. If they were actually delivering that, then small iPhones would be getting 8 hours of SoT at this point. They clearly aren't.

They've stated higher battery life (about 1 hour or more) for at least 3 different iPhone releases and at least 1 (maybe two) iOS releases in the past few years... Battery life continues to be rather terrible.

It's time of them to start using bigger batteries. To be honest, I'm getting exasperated with these big phones, which are the only solution due to battery life on the smaller ones being as bad as it is.

With the iP7 and iP7+ having the same main 12MP camera module, there isn't really a compelling feature for me to consider the Plus, except the terrible battery life the 7 assured to have in comparison to the Plus - and many other phones in the 4.7-5.1" size class (as in, practically every other major flagship/release in that category, even mid-ranged devices).

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the average person is upgrading cause of better processor, and the camera bump looks pretty awful on the 7 Plus, to be frank. More area to get scratched or dirty. Huge size means you're going to need a relatively thick case to keep it from getting scratched on surfaces, etc. which means the phone is going to be thick and heavy AF when you run with a case on it - which has been my issue with the 6 and 6S Plus over the past couple of years.

The phone is nice and thin/light with nothing on it,but it's a bar of soap. So, in order to add grip and keep the camera bump off of surfaces you end up bloating the weight and thickness of the phone considerably (as well as it's already overbearing WIDTH - thanks to HUGE bezels).

I also don't think Apple's "improved battery life claims" have ever really materialized. They've been saying you're going to get 1 more hour of battery life for years now. If they were actually delivering that, then small iPhones would be getting 8 hours of SoT at this point. They clearly aren't.

They've stated higher battery life (about 1 hour or more) for at least 3 different iPhone releases and at least 1 (maybe two) iOS releases in the past few years... Battery life continues to be rather terrible.

It's time of them to start using bigger batteries. To be honest, I'm getting exasperated with these big phones, which are the only solution due to battery life on the smaller ones being as bad as it is.

With the iP7 and iP7+ having the same main 12MP camera module, there isn't really a compelling feature for me to consider the Plus, except the terrible battery life the 7 assured to have in comparison to the Plus - and many other phones in the 4.7-5.1" size class (as in, practically every other major flagship/release in that category, even mid-ranged devices).

There's a lot of opinion as fact in there...I use it daily without a case or screen protector and it's not a bar of soap as you assert. That's just one of many statements of fact that you listed that is strictly in your opinion or experience.

Plenty of people have no issue using it daily without a case. Similarly I regularly get 6-8 hours screen time and 19-29 hours standby. Far better than I had with LG V10 and GS7. Pretty close to what I got with the 6 Plus (which hasn't bent, FYI and my hubby isn't careful with it).

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I tried out the note 7 and my iPhone 6s Plus was getting much better battery life with it even with the fancy "features" turned off. Power management on apple blows Samsung out of the water. Needless to say the note went back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal