Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By aokusman1
  • 1 Post By aidmyaim
  • 1 Post By MonkeyJunky
  • 1 Post By John Yester
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    A fool and his money.
    Mister Tibbs likes this.
  2. #2  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    I'd sell my preorder for 3k
    kazp3r17 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wow I just don't understand people, why would you spend that kind of money when you could just have preordered it
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    If you're a paid reviewer and couldn't get your hands on a iPhone 7 (Plus) through the proper channels, I can understand the need to pay top dollar for it. Or if you're an early adaptor and have the feeling you can't breathe anymore if you don't get it on launch day.
  5. #5  
    Tarah Sorber's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wow I'd sell my pre order as well for 3k.

    *~Live life,love life~*
  6. #6  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Wow I just don't understand people, why would you spend that kind of money when you could just have preordered it
    People hold different values on different things. To some, this might be the only way they can get the device, or maybe the amount of money is trivial vs. getting something they want. About 5 minutes after the pre-order started, you couldn't get a jet black variant anymore until November. Some people don't want to wait that long, and if you have the means to make that happen, why not?

    I know people personally who would rather spend more money on the device for convenience's sake than stay up all night trudging through a pre-order that has been historically pretty stressful for a lot of people (and proved, once again, to be the same way this year). Some people probably sat there and went "Why would someone stay up all night just to pre-order it when they could just wait and buy someone else's pre-order afterwards?" It's all about perspective.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  7. #7  
    ReVu30's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    102 Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wow!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    People hold different values on different things. To some, this might be the only way they can get the device, or maybe the amount of money is trivial vs. getting something they want. About 5 minutes after the pre-order started, you couldn't get a jet black variant anymore until November. Some people don't want to wait that long, and if you have the means to make that happen, why not?

    I know people personally who would rather spend more money on the device for convenience's sake than stay up all night trudging through a pre-order that has been historically pretty stressful for a lot of people (and proved, once again, to be the same way this year). Some people probably sat there and went "Why would someone stay up all night just to pre-order it when they could just wait and buy someone else's pre-order afterwards?" It's all about perspective.
    I'm one of the ones who'll walk in a store and buy one, and send up getting it before numerous others receive their pre-order shipment...(laughing)
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wow. Either that or save the 3K and wait a few months for stock to be back at Apple.

    Crazy!
    dchandler likes this.
  10. #10  
    nab11's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    A fool and his money are soon separated.
  11. #11  
    badMojo69's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,340 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    It's called "Money Laundering"
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    On the 16th you could check your local CL and get one for $100 or $200 above retail.
  13. #13  
    woznicki's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    sometimes you just gotta have it....
  14. #14  
    nokia4life's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,600 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wow
  15. #15  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    One for over $5K last night...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripoff.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	111460
  16. #16  
    dpham00's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,669 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    One for over $5K last night...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripoff.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	111460
    That's insane... But if you have money to throw away... Why not?
  17. #17  
    taeisme's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    998 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    LOL! It really isn't that deep. 3K for an iphone??????
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Questions now becomes, is it a scam and will the buyer pay.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    While this auction is 5k there are tons of others that's have not touched 1k. So why keep bidding ?
  20. #20  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Wait til they get that bill for the Final Value Fee and get stiffed by the buyer. I've had too many problems selling on Ebay. I don't even like to do it anymore.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3k for iPhone 7 plus on eBay. Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    Wait til they get that bill for the Final Value Fee and get stiffed by the buyer. I've had too many problems selling on Ebay. I don't even like to do it anymore.
    I don't sell anything worth more than $100 on eBay anymore. Their 45 day return policy is a joke. Even Apple only allows 14 days. Imagine selling an iPhone 7 today and the buyer files a not as described claim 30 days later. What a joke.

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 7 smart battery case
    By M_A in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 11:03 PM
  2. What case are you getting first for your 7/7 Plus?
    By jenni122701 in forum Accessories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 06:06 PM
  3. Transfer Non iCloud Content To New iPhone
    By Chrisy in forum iTunes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 12:05 PM
  4. i have an iphone 6plus i need to download
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 09:15 AM
  5. problem with rear camera microphone on 5s
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions