Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Apple Care +

    I usually just get the insurance with the service provider. With T-Mobile it's not much, but i think the deductible is like $175?
    Last year and this, I've gotten Apple Care for my watch since it's only $49. Lately I've been debating on getting it for the phone though. Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I keep my phone in excellent condition so I'm never worried but...idk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    The only Con I don't like is if you loose your iPhone Apple Car doesn't cover it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I always get Care. For peace of mind mostly. I take very good care of my phones, but it is still an electronic devices and things can go wrong. Accidents happen when you least expect it as well. It is also cheap when you put it into perspective what you pay for the phone. Thankfully I have never had to use it.
    MRSBROWN2006 and planoman like this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Yeah, don't like that part either. Or the no coverage in theft.
  5. #5  
    substring's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    For my 6 Plus, I bought both Apple Care Plus and the carrier insurance, mainly because Apple Care Plus does not cover theft or lost. If I spent that much money on the phone, I am not going to go cheap on the insurance.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    I always get Care. For peace of mind mostly. I take very good care of my phones, but it is still an electronic devices and things can go wrong. Accidents happen when you least expect it as well. It is also cheap when you put it into perspective what you pay for the phone. Thankfully I have never had to use it.
    And hopefully you never will have to.
    firedept10 likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by substring View Post
    For my 6 Plus, I bought both Apple Care Plus and the carrier insurance, mainly because Apple Care Plus does not cover theft or lost. If I spent that much money on the phone, I am not going to go cheap on the insurance.
    To bad Apple doesn't have a plan that would cover all devices instead of having to purchase individually. (Wishful thinking)
    substring and blaine07 like this.
  8. #8  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Considering the cost of Apple Care, and/or Carrier coverage, My homeowners insurance deductible would be about the same as what their replacement costs are plus the cost of the coverage. Kinda a wash to me. So I get no coverage, and do my best to keep the phone clean and problem free otherwise. Everyone's situation is different though, so do the math and get what works best for you.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    Considering the cost of Apple Care, and/or Carrier coverage, My homeowners insurance deductible would be about the same as what their replacement costs are plus the cost of the coverage. Kinda a wash to me. So I get no coverage, and do my best to keep the phone clean and problem free otherwise. Everyone's situation is different though, so do the math and get what works best for you.
    Yeah, I may have to just try it once and see how everything goes.
  10. #10  
    jneusch's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by substring View Post
    For my 6 Plus, I bought both Apple Care Plus and the carrier insurance, mainly because Apple Care Plus does not cover theft or lost. If I spent that much money on the phone, I am not going to go cheap on the insurance.
    I do the same thing. I have taken advantage of apple care more than once with great results. You will only pay a deductible if you damage the phone. If it fails or acts up outside the 1 year warranty, you will get a replacement with no charge.
  11. #11  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I used the service on two of the four devices I purchased it for, I probably won't purchase it again for myself. I'll definitely purchase it for my wife though.
    slowhand61 likes this.
  12. #12  
    knotsure's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    415 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    $29 screen repair with AppleCare +. That is a good reason.
    kazp3r17 likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    I used the service on two of the four devices I purchased it for, I probably won't purchase it again for myself. I'll definitely purchase it for my wife though.
    Yeah, I was looking at that earlier and thought "dang, that's not bad at all." Especially considering third-party places charge close to $100 i think.
  14. #14  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I get Apple care with all my devices. The Great Klutzy One does not take chances.

    ... Hey btw how do you guys type the little apple thingie? I'm on an iPad.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I get Apple care with all my devices. The Great Klutzy One does not take chances.

    ... Hey btw how do you guys type the little apple thingie? I'm on an iPad.
    Are you using a keyboard, or typing right on the iPad?
    On my phone i just have the logo saved as a shortcut.
  16. #16  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Directly on iPad.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Directly on iPad.
    I'm not sure then, but you can just copy the thing and save it lol

  18. #18  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Thanks!
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Am I going to drool when I see the Black iPhone? Lucky you got to see it in person already.
  20. #20  
    afctee's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    366 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I always get Apple Care. Even more so since I buy my device outright...
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    I always get Apple Care. Even more so since I buy my device outright...
    Which i did....Well looks like I've have to buy it when I get my phone. Hopefully I can just call in and do it.
  22. #22  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Am I going to drool when I see the Black iPhone? Lucky you got to see it in person already.
    All the way down your socks.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

  24. #24  
    gvndeb60's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    472 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Which i did....Well looks like I've have to buy it when I get my phone. Hopefully I can just call in and do it.
    You can call and add it or add it at the Apple store, very easy.
    RECON1 likes this.
  25. #25  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    688 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I've been using square trade. I just buy the 2 year plan and switch it to the next phone so it will be covered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTS: Apple Lightning to SD Card Adapter
    By jpgti in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 12:17 AM
  2. WTS: Apple Lightning Dock W/Charger
    By jpgti in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 08:50 PM
  3. Will Nike Apple Watch offer all watch faces or just Nike faces
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 08:39 PM
  4. Apple watch 42mm stainless steel watch band
    By tech_fan in forum Apple Watch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions