FIRST TIME COLOR didnt MATTER???

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Minutes before placing an order for my 7plus I kept thinking about which Color I wanted.
I first thought jet black but it didn't really grab my attention that much as it reminded me of the iPhone 3G back casing.

Plus the idea of waiting till October put me off even more.

Silver looked cool and so did the other colours lol.

So I just played "ini mini minei moe"... and picked gold lol.

Anyone feel the same ???

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Nope, color matters.

I don't like black, I'm used to the white front.
Silver makes the phone look cheap.
Rose Gold is feminine in my humble opinion. Nofi.
So I went with the Gold. Will be my third phone in Gold and I don't have the feeling I will regret it.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Minutes before placing an order for my 7plus I kept thinking about which Color I wanted.
I first thought jet black but it didn't really grab my attention that much as it reminded me of the iPhone 3G back casing.

Plus the idea of waiting till October put me off oven more.

Silver looked cool and so did the other colours lol.

So I just played "ini mini minei moe"... and picked gold lol.

Anyone feel the same ???

I kind of feel that way being that I'm going to put a case on it but I like the front to be black, I don't really care for the white front.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, color matters.

I don't like black, I'm used to the white front.
Silver makes the phone look cheap.
Rose Gold is feminine in my humble opinion. Nofi.
So I went with the Gold. Will be my third phone in Gold and I don't have the feeling I will regret it.

I know its all opinion but I LOVE the silver option as I get the white front and that iconic apple silver tone.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My 6 was my first iphone that wasn't black. At first I loved the gold but after a while I didn't like how the white screen looked w/certain cases. I can't wait to have a black screen again!!!!

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
100% matters. I don't like the white bezel so silver and the golds are a non starter for me. Golds are too blingy for my tastes. I really wanted Jet Black, but since I'll probably keep it for awhile I got the matte.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah white is out of the question for me. I hate the front white face and how it looks in cases. My wife loves her white rose gold though so it just depends on what you prefer.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Matters to me. I wanted a black front.

Although it would be easy to get one of those skins to cover it...

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The gold one reminds me of the Trump tower, I can't do it, lol.
Rose gold? Like frosty cotton candy. No.
Silver? Possibly.

But I got the black. All my other iPhones have been Space Gray except for the 3GS, I prefer the black face.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
It matters in the sense that it shouldn't be there. Takes attention away from the most important thing....the display.

Always Black :)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It matters to me and it doesn't. I have a gold 6s right now, switched from a space gray 6s Plus, I wanted gold. I just can't deal with the white front anymore, and black is my favorite color, so I love that there's two blacks this year. I went with Jet Black cause I like shiny too ha ha. Yeah it'll be in a case, a clear back Spigen with a black bumper.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My 5 was silver, my 5s and 6 were gold and my 7+ is matte black. First black phone for me since my 4s. I just fancied a change. I'll probably regret not getting the gold again though; I do love that colour.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you plan on throwing it in a otter box case then color won't matter.

That's entirely not true for a great many people, but I realise you are just stating your opinion, not trying to state facts. Whilst physically you will not be able to see the back and the differences between a silver, gold and rose gold (for instance) phone are slight when seen from the front, for me it's all about how does the phone colour make me feel. And whilst it is cased, I know I have a phone in the colour I want.

I buy the colour I want, I don't settle for a colour I don't want. All my phones go into cases the moment that are unboxed but even though everyone else can't tell what colour I got, I know, and that's the only thing that matters.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
All I want is to have a black face on my phone. That is the only thing i care about with regards to color. The hard lines that white faces has personally bugs me.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
All I want is to have a black face on my phone. That is the only thing i care about with regards to color. The hard lines that white faces has personally bugs me.

It's why I chose the Matte Black. I wanted a 32GB not a 128... but the only 32GB left was Silver/Gold/Rose.. and I did not want another white phone face. So it cost me $100 more to not have white. And no matter how I write this sentences it sounds oddly racist... LOL

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I've always preferred the black screen frame, so I never really had much of a choice before. This time it really just came down to whether I wanted to deal with the glossy finish, and all the crap that comes with that (smudges, scratches, etc). At the end of the day though, I liked the way the "frame" of the phone on the jet black looked more than the matte, so I guess color did matter sort of for me.

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I was going to get a black one and my web browser bombs in the middle of the purchase. By the time I get back in, the only thing available was the Gold 7 plus. At first I was like, Man... I can't have that. Then I realized I was going to buy a case anyways and figured it didn't matter. So... I will now own a gold iphone 7 Plus.

That no one will ever know about cause I'll hide it in a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro