Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree68Likes
  1. #26  
    lmws214's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    165 Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Matt black seems to be a good practical choice colour for long term usage n easy maintenance.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Truth be told, I already have a wallet case for it, though after listening to my fellow trainee who keeps his phone naked, I'm wondering if it's even useful... But then I am not an Apple employee with unlimited access to replacement phones, so I'll go the safe route and put it in a case, lol.
    luvesuga likes this.
  3. #28  
    Jonathan Romcy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Truth be told, I already have a wallet case for it, though after listening to my fellow trainee who keeps his phone naked, I'm wondering if it's even useful... But then I am not an Apple employee with unlimited access to replacement phones, so I'll go the safe route and put it in a case, lol.
    When you get it, creat a new thread and post a picture for us of you new iPhone! Super exited for you!
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    It's a matter of personal opinion. I think it is. You don't have to.
    I guess my question is similar. What is sexy about it to you? Considering you've seen it when most of us haven't, what can you say about the design that appealed so much to you?

    I imagine the way the new black finishes (Jet and Matte) look add to the appeal? Aside from that, I'm not sure how much more "sexier" the phones could be?

    Personally, I'm going with the matte black. I've typically had the white/silver model in all phones since the 5. So I'm excited for a change in color.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    I guess my question is similar. What is sexy about it to you? Considering you've seen it when most of us haven't, what can you say about the design that appealed so much to you?

    I imagine the way the new black finishes (Jet and Matte) look add to the appeal? Aside from that, I'm not sure how much more "sexier" the phones could be?

    Personally, I'm going with the matte black. I've typically had the white/silver model in all phones since the 5. So I'm excited for a change in color.
    I guess someone else said it best on another thread:
    Black looks more high end.
    On the front, the face is all black, the colors and font pop up amazingly sharp and crisp and bright against the black, the visual contrast is pleasing to the eye, it looks very futuristic.
    On the back, it's matte like a pebble you'd find on the beach.
    I didn't get to hold or touch it but he said it felt really good and steady in hand.
    Its really a nice looking phone, very classy.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I guess someone else said it best on another thread:
    Black looks more high end.
    On the front, the face is all black, the colors and font pop up amazingly sharp and crisp and bright against the black, the visual contrast is pleasing to the eye, it looks very futuristic.
    On the back, it's matte like a pebble you'd find on the beach.
    I didn't get to hold or touch it but he said it felt really good and steady in hand.
    Its really a nice looking phone, very classy.
    That's what I was hoping to hear honestly. That is exactly why I'm going with the black one this time around.

    Thanks.
    Evilguppy likes this.
  7. #32  
    trtmazda3's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    504 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Ha! I ordered as well. Late in the day on Friday (6:30 P.M. or so CDT). We have ship dates of 10/12 but I expect it earlier than that. Our 6 Pluses were pre-ordered at the same time on launch day and we got them on September 24.

    We had a good deal offered to us by Verizon and our phones are both two-years-old and out of warranty, so we took it.
  8. #33  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post

    AN IPHONE 7 PLUS 256 GB MATTE BLACK.

    And it's flippin gorgeous.
    Running IOS10.
    All i can think about is price tag of $969.00.. its just to much.

    the 4.7" 32GB at $649.00 is fine :P
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    I had gotten the 6, two years ago. But my middle aged eyesight started laughing and swearing at me, so I sold it 3 months later and got the 6 Plus. I have no choice, lol.
  10. #35  
    Highrisedrifter's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,764 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,948 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    I'm going for the 7 Plus in Matte Black for the first time since my shiny iPhone 4s and i'm glad that you think this colour looks good, Evilguppy.

    The Space Grey left me a bit cold but i'm glad to be back in black!
    Evilguppy likes this.
  11. #36  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I reordered.
    How I managed to get a September 27 to 29 delivery date I'll never know.
    AT&T is notorious for over stating the length of order ship dates. I've seen it 1/2 of original wait time from experience. So you should have your new phone soon, good luck on the best date. Though I feel the ability to keep that date is because of market trepidation on the change making the new iPhone not much of a big seller as in the past. This year I've actually seen longer wait times on the older iPhone 6s, I have a co-worker with a "Sept 30" date for his 6s Plus (he is always a year behind BTW)
    Evilguppy likes this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    I'm on Verizon but I ordered through Apple so I have no clue what will happen.
    ... I'm trying to keep my mind off it by hiking my head off, lol.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  13. #38  
    pantlesspenguin's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,284 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I'm on Verizon but I ordered through Apple so I have no clue what will happen.
    ... I'm trying to keep my mind off it by hiking my head off, lol.
    Hiking can't even take my mind on it! I was on a hike this past weekend and while I was taking pics with my 6s+ I wished I already had the 7+ to try out the camera in the beautiful (well, as far as the Kansas City metro goes lol) setting!
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Hiking can't even take my mind on it! I was on a hike this past weekend and while I was taking pics with my 6s+ I wished I already had the 7+ to try out the camera in the beautiful (well, as far as the Kansas City metro goes lol) setting!
    I do find that it makes the wait more bearable.
    My man and I got to our cabin in the Sierras last night and this morning first thing we see a huge bobcat just feet from the deck.
    And he looks like he's been checking us out for a while so my mission today is to find him to take some pics.

    ... Yes, with my iPhone 6 Plus, lol.
    But if he lets me make friends, perhaps he'll pose for a portrait once I get my 7 Plus?

    He's huge, he's getting his winter fur on already, big tufts on his ears and enormous paws.
    If I can photograph him when I get my 7, it'll be really neat because the zoom will be clearer.

    Since this kitty is wild, I must be very careful and respectful to not break boundaries or trust.

    So yeah, hiking helps, but only a little, lol.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  15. #40  
    pantlesspenguin's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,284 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I do find that it makes the wait more bearable.
    My man and I got to our cabin in the Sierras last night and this morning first thing we see a huge bobcat just feet from the deck.
    And he looks like he's been checking us out for a while so my mission today is to find him to take some pics.

    ... Yes, with my iPhone 6 Plus, lol.
    But if he lets me make friends, perhaps he'll pose for a portrait once I get my 7 Plus?

    He's huge, he's getting his winter fur on already, big tufts on his ears and enormous paws.
    If I can photograph him when I get my 7, it'll be really neat because the zoom will be clearer.

    Since this kitty is wild, I must be very careful and respectful to not break boundaries or trust. ��

    So yeah, hiking helps, but only a little, lol.
    Oooh I hope you get some great pics!
    Evilguppy likes this.
  16. #41  
    luvesuga's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    I'm so happy you got one!!! I felt terrible reading about your experience with the Apple Store on pre-order day.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by luvesuga View Post
    I'm so happy you got one!!! I felt terrible reading about your experience with the Apple Store on pre-order day.
    Ya know... I don't feel so bad anymore: I looked at what other people's dates are for the 256 Gb black and I'm thinking it's really not so bad after all.

    ... But I *had* to freak out first, lolol.
    luvesuga likes this.
  18. #43  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Ya know... I don't feel so bad anymore: I looked at what other people's dates are for the 256 Gb black and I'm thinking it's really not so bad after all.

    ... But I *had* to freak out first, lolol.
    I couldnt believe how fast they sold out. I was planning on ordering the jet black. It was sold out when I logged in the apple store, which was as soon as it opened. The matte black 256GB was the only one that had shipping for Sept 16 so I jumped on it.
    Evilguppy likes this.
  19. #44  
    Wildo6882's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,815 Global Posts

    Default Re: Well, famous last words, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    I couldnt believe how fast they sold out. I was planning on ordering the jet black. It was sold out when I logged in the apple store, which was as soon as it opened. The matte black 256GB was the only one that had shipping for Sept 16 so I jumped on it.
    I tried to do the Apple Upgrade Plan on my phone around 2:30 am CST and it wouldn't work. Had to go back to bed. And by the time it worked a few hours later, I was pushed out into October for that one!
    Evilguppy likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:35 PM
  2. A few words in praise of the ipod touch in the time of iphone madness
    By Hugh Massengill in forum iPod & iPod Touch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 09:59 AM
  3. how to download last years photos from iphone on to pc
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 07:35 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions