I've used iPhone 7 Plus: AMA!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
He was around for a while but Rene is also a very busy guy. No worries though, there will be PLENTY of people to ask by this time tomorrow!

Channelsurfer60

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
2 questions actually...

Do we sill get sapphire covers for the camera and home button?

Will Apple's leather case for the 7 still level up with the larger and deeper camera bump to prevent rocking on a flat surface?

Thanks... I missed the boat on pre-ordering as my 6s+ is great, but now that a friend is going to buy it I'm just a few inches away from ordering and waiting it out.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think we have enough folks with devices answering now. Let's let Rene focus on running iMore etc. :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I've had my phone for a week now, in a Spigen wallet case and I've kept the screen naked because I figured the flap would protect it just fine and I was right. I'm loving the crisp, sharp quality of the screen, the responsiveness, sensitivity, it's really cool. And plenty protected. ��

baconman4321

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello Rene

My friend works in an Apple Store and she told me a lot people complaining about the battery life on the iPhone 7. Can you tell me what is the usage in battery settings? I have a plus and getting 10hrs.

The other things I like to know is you believe the 4.7 inch screen is dead in the next years iPhone? 5.1 and 5.7 screen

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello Rene

My friend works in an Apple Store and she told me a lot people complaining about the battery life on the iPhone 7. Can you tell me what is the usage in battery settings? I have a plus and getting 10hrs.

The other things I like to know is you believe the 4.7 inch screen is dead in the next years iPhone? 5.1 and 5.7 screen

I can't imagine that the screen size would change in the near future. To get rid the common size for many would be an odd choice. Now with that being said, the 7 to the 8 may have minor size changes due to our hope for OLED and wrapped glass edges. It potentially has the chance to make the phone a drop smaller while maintaining the same screen size. I personally avoid the PLUS models because they're too large.

cybercus2025

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I find the speakers and the sound on the iPhone 7 plus to be much much improved compare to the previous iPhone 6s plus more like true stereo sound you may still need a speaker if you plan on playing pandora in a nosey environment.

antheocy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
how much better is the 7 plus over the normal 7 ? is it worth the extra money?
Are there large improvements from the ipgone 6 to iphone 7 ?
What are its best feautures ?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
how much better is the 7 plus over the normal 7 ? is it worth the extra money?
Are there large improvements from the ipgone 6 to iphone 7 ?
What are its best feautures ?

The two big advantages, at least off the top of my head, of the 7 plus over the 7 is longer battery life and the better camera. The 7 Plus lasts all day for the heaviest phone users, while many moderately heavy phone users find they have to recharge their 7 in the late afternoon/early evening. The 7 Plus has the second camera that provides an optical 2x zoom, as well as having the "portrait" mode. The 7 Plus screen is also higher resolution (401 pixels per inch on the Plus, compared to 326 ppi on the 7).

The 7 Plus has several advantages over the 6; such as the solid state home "button", waterproofing, stereo speakers, the phone is sturdier (stronger aluminum) and much less likely to bend, 3D touch, significantly faster processor, brighter and more colorful display, and it has the much faster second generation of Touch ID. The one "advantage" the 6 has is that the 7 no longer has a headphone jack, depending on how much you use wired headphones (though the 7 does come with lightning earbuds or, is you want to use your one headphones, a lightning adapter).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2