What are you doing to keep your mind off of launch day?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So every year I have mini breakdowns about whether or not my phone will get here on launch day (first world problems at their worst) and check my order status, forums, call AT&T and Apple daily, freak out on Thursday when my tracking number still doesn't work and then, eventually, get the phone on launch day as planned. This year will be the year that I only check forums for positive things like "what will you do first" threads or what kind everyone ordered. I will try and talk people off of the inevitable ledge that they walk towards when they get into the same mindset I have previously been in. I wanted to see what everyone else is going to do while we wait for our phones to come in. Will you eagerly check every minute to see if your status has changed? Will you stay away from everything?

For me, this is my plan:

This weekend I am having a "baby shower" for my son who is due in October, more of a party with friends and family where we get diapers and stuff but it should be fun. Once the shower is over I am renovating me attic so I can use it as storage and then finishing that Sunday. After that is done I will be chilling on the couch watching my Falcons (hopefully) win their first game of the season and hanging out with my wife and daughter. Monday will be back to work, which makes the waiting game a little more difficult. I have gaps in my work day that I have 5 minutes to kind of do whatever here and there and will probably use that browsing the forums to help anyone I can with their anxiety. From Monday through probably Thursday I will try not to check anything involving my iPhone unless I get an email or something that says it shipped or something. Friday will be my worst day. I will be at work, waiting on my phone to be delivered and then if it is I will run home to get it and set up. That is my plan to keep my mind at ease. What about you guys and gals?

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Nothing at all.

I did a night shift last night and prepared everything I needed to make sure I got my phone on day one. After being up for 23 hours, that didn't happen. I fell asleep half hour before the preorders came alive and woke up an hour and half after.

I missed the deadline and with the phone I wanted I was looking at November dispatch. I've had to go with Matt black now and that's shown as 2-3 weeks.

I'm such a fool.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got back home with about three minutes to spare before the launch. I got a matte black 128Gb iPhone 7+.

I'm working on this really great project at the moment so my days and nights are taken up with that completely until the end of October. I don't have time to worry about the phone being delivered; i'm just throwing myself into work right now.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Not anything different than usual. I'll go to work this week, wait, maybe go out to dinner, wait, peruse the forums, wait, maybe post something here and there, wait, then I'll get an email that says my phone has shipped! That's when it gets hard for me. Whoever created the ability to track your shipments is the devil...I know this! LOL

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't do an in store pick up, since per Apple the closest store is 140 miles (each way) away.
I have a big event here on 9/17 (work) and I need to do a Costco shop for the event (Big BBQ)... which I was planning on 9/16
I am in a quandary since I assume (as past history dictates), I have to sign for the delivery of my 7-Matte Black-128GB Phone
Costco closes at 6pm...
Hmmm....

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Work will keep me busy through the next week and so will the release of iOS 10. Although I will find myself checking these forums a lot too.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a busy parent. I hardly have time to go to the bathroom. But while I'm busy, I'll be thinking about my new phone. And I will be pretty giddy Thursday night and Friday morning before I head to the store.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Now that my 7 plus jet black 128gb is ordered, I plan on driving to the airport to scout for folks with Note 7's in their hands, if I see one I will run by real quick slap it out hopeful that it hits the ground and shatters. if they chase me I will say its a prank see the cameras there its a prank besides I think eveyone here would agree You are not getting on that plane with that phone. :)

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have gaps in my work day that I have 5 minutes to kind of do whatever here and there and will probably use that browsing the forums to help anyone I can with their anxiety.

This struck me as funny, but nice and very helpful too!

I will just be at home thinking about my iPhone 7 Plus, hoping nothing happens with it's shipping, and doing my day to day things. However once I know its actually shipped out, I will become more impatient. I really do try not to, but I'm just that way. Patience is something I definitely need more of!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope to all that is holy that this is the attitude people have. It's just an electronic device lol

Exactly. I love my devices but they're a distant second to my family and my career. Kind of puts worrying about a darn headphone jack into perspective, doesn't it?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Work work work work work.
Times flies when you have fun

Edit....
FOund out today I'll be interstate till Saturday so won't see my phone till Saturday night :-(

Last edited:

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'll be in work meetings all afternoon. Fortunately I live in a condo with a concierge who will sign for my deliveries so hopefully when I get home from work my new iPhone will have been delivered. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods