Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Default Re: T mobile Iphone 7+ Thread

Just picked up my 256 jet black 7+ at UPS. Didn't plan to be home during the day so had it held. Of course, was home all day. Time to play.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

My delivery date is between today (9/27) and 10/10. I got charged today for the difference between the 7 and 7+, so hopefully i'll get a shipping confirmation soon.

I've got my Unicorn Beetle Pro case ready to go, and if I don't like that, I have a Skinomi screen protector and an Incipio Dual Pro case instead.

Come on already...! ><
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Thought I could deal with the 7 but the screen was just to small. Returned it today and ordered a 7 plus silver 32GB. Not I am a 11/1 to 11/30 date. I gambled and lost this time.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

Just got shipping confirmation. My matte black 7 plus 128Gb will be with me on Friday. Happy boy!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts

Ordered a black 32 gb 7 plus on first day of preorder. Instead I was sent a 32 gb black regular. They told me I would have to receive the 7 plus and return the 7 within the buyers remorse period to process as a return. Instead I had to use one of my jump on demand upgrades even though THEY made the mistake. I ordered the 32 gb 7 plus (again) on the 21st and it's showing a estimated ship date of 11/15-12/12. I hope it doesn't take that long because that's crazy !!!!
    TwistedTJ#IM likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    Ordered a black 32 gb 7 plus on first day of preorder. Instead I was sent a 32 gb black regular. They told me I would have to receive the 7 plus and return the 7 within the buyers remorse period to process as a return. Instead I had to use one of my jump on demand upgrades even though THEY made the mistake. I ordered the 32 gb 7 plus (again) on the 21st and it's showing a estimated ship date of 11/15-12/12. I hope it doesn't take that long because that's crazy !!!!
    That's exactly why I'm sticking with the matte black instead of exchanging for the jet black I ordered. At least they got my phone size and storage capacity correct. That's a fairly big mistake on their end.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,543 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    That's exactly why I'm sticking with the matte black instead of exchanging for the jet black I ordered. At least they got my phone size and storage capacity correct. That's a fairly big mistake on their end.
    Wait, you ordered a jet black but received matte black?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Wait, you ordered a jet black but received matte black?
    Quite so. It was an initial concern when it only said black on the site and app.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,543 Global Posts

Quite so. It was an initial concern when it only said black on the site and app.
    Oh wow. That's a bummer. Nothing like when you wait this long it didn't quite get what you wanted.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

Oh wow. That's a bummer. Nothing like when you wait this long it didn't quite get what you wanted.
    Yeah, especially after losing almost all sleep pre order night to specifically order it, get told I would receive the following week and not get until for another 18 days. I blame Apple initially, they learned with the gold iPhone that they can under produce and still sell. Then the issues with T-Mobile. UPS was the only company that met expectations.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

In all fairness, the page has always said black and jet black. I would think it would be safe to assume if there is a Jet Black listing then the other would be matte black.

I have talked to some district managers at T-Mobile and a friend who works for an Apple store. Both have stated that Apple is the one to blame for the shortage, they are limiting the units released to keep consumers in the mind set that this is a high demand phone when in reality its not as high as it seems.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,543 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveh552 View Post
    In all fairness, the page has always said black and jet black. I would think it would be safe to assume if there is a Jet Black listing then the other would be matte black.

I have talked to some district managers at T-Mobile and a friend who works for an Apple store. Both have stated that Apple is the one to blame for the shortage, they are limiting the units released to keep consumers in the mind set that this is a high demand phone when in reality its not as high as it seems.
    No that's not even it...
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

So it's here, my matte black 7 plus 128Gb. It doesn't hiss, the screen is white, the camera is awesome and it's faster than blazes. I'm perfectly happy!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post
    So it's here, my matte black 7 plus 128Gb. It doesn't hiss, the screen is white, the camera is awesome and it's faster than blazes. I'm perfectly happy!
    Why wouldn't the screen be white?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDXMatt View Post
    Why wouldn't the screen be white?
    Google iphone 7 yellow screen
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

My credit card just got charged, keeping my fingers crossed. For some reason my order still says " order processing" and will be Shipped via UPS GROUND?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    My credit card just got charged, keeping my fingers crossed. For some reason my order still says " order processing" and will be Shipped via UPS GROUND?
    Yeah, UPS won't take control of it until after the label is created and even then it was late at night before they picked mine up. I would say at the latest UPS will have it tomorrow night and it'll be on it's way.
    FaisDogg likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Yeah, UPS won't take control of it until after the label is created and even then it was late at night before they picked mine up. I would say at the latest UPS will have it tomorrow night and it'll be on it's way.
    Where does the shipment come out of, I'm in northern California. Mine says UPS GROUND, could still take over a week before I get it.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

Where does the shipment come out of, I'm in northern California. Mine says UPS GROUND, could still take over a week before I get it.
    Mine came from Louisville. They gave me UPS Next Day Air and I had it the next day. I would say with Ground you should get it in a couple days after it ships.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Managing partner for several metropcs stores in Florida ,got my hands on a few 7plus demos and I have to say the camera is awesome
    And the display wow it is really nice much brighter and colors do pop out much more. Speed... a bit faster . The black looks so nice it is a really nice phone but coming from a 6s plus
    I may wait till next year but I have to admit it is sweet!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

So I had a conversation with T-Mobile Exec customer service. Come to find out, the new Chicago store and several stores in different regions have the 7 plus coming in, yet they are still back ordered for the preorders. Seems a bit unfair considering they told me specifically that they would not put a single unit into the stores until they clear this mess up.

No that's not even it...
    Not sure if I believe the conspiracy but I will say that in my area, I haven't seen that many 7 Plus floating around. I know people are getting them because I see the lines. So there is definitely some popularity. But I'm not seeing nearly as many people with them as I did when the 6 released. With the reports I've seen, I figured I'd see more in the wild than I have. I feel like a unicorn sometimes when people have asked about my phone lol.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

My credit card was charged on Thursday night, now it's Sunday night but still no shipping confirmation email.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,626 Global Posts

My credit card was charged on Thursday night, now it's Sunday night but still no shipping confirmation email.
    I would give it until tomorrow then talk to T-Mobile about it. My card was charged on a Friday and I received the shipping email Sunday even though the label was post dated the Monday.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Chat them up on Twitter. I get better answers from them. @TmobileHelp .
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast