Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Default Re: T mobile Iphone 7+ Thread

I had JUMP until yesterday. Within a couple hours I reserved my Plus, joined Apple's Upgrade Program and then sold my 6s on Craigslist for more than what TMobile or Apple offered me. Then I canceled my JUMP and am saving even more money.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

UPS My Choice now shows my tracking number with Next Day Air Saver shipping method. 256 7+ jet black.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
    UPS My Choice now shows my tracking number with Next Day Air Saver shipping method. 256 7+ jet black.
    Same here, maybe, just maybe, I will have it tomorrow.
    Michial Brown likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Don't hold your breath. Probably queuing up for drop off at ups tomorrow. But we can hope.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

The shipping window (9/27 to 10/10) for my 7 plus 128Gb Black starts tomorrow but mine is still stuck on 'Processing Order.'

Oh well.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,794 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highrisedrifter View Post
    The shipping window (9/27 to 10/10) for my 7 plus 128Gb Black starts tomorrow but mine is still stuck on 'Processing Order.'

Oh well.
    Well I hope you get yours... because my window for the same phone is 10/10-10/24
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

Don't hold your breath. Probably queuing up for drop off at ups tomorrow. But we can hope.
    My shipping label was made and verified yesterday, dated for end of day today. They post dated it, UPS has yet to pick it up. There have been massive disappointments all around. Next year I'm joining Apple's upgrade program so I only have to be upset about the lack of stock made for opening.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    My shipping label was made and verified yesterday, dated for end of day today. They post dated it, UPS has yet to pick it up. There have been massive disappointments all around. Next year I'm joining Apple's upgrade program so I only have to be upset about the lack of stock made for opening.
    I'm with T-Mobile and I only order from Apple. Every year I order right at the time preorders start. Every year I have a phone on launch day.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Yeah, I canceled my TMobile JUMP and preorder. Got my phone last Thursday and joined the Apple Replacement Program. Very smooth and pleasant transaction. Great customer service at Apple Stores. Next year they will make sure they take care of their Apple Replacement customers better.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I'm with T-Mobile and I only order from Apple. Every year I order right at the time preorders start. Every year I have a phone on launch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michial Brown View Post
    Yeah, I canceled my TMobile JUMP and preorder. Got my phone last Thursday and joined the Apple Replacement Program. Very smooth and pleasant transaction. Great customer service at Apple Stores. Next year they will make sure they take care of their Apple Replacement customers better.
    I learned my lesson, I just need to have my phone paid off so I don't have to turn it in to T-Mobile and make a straight trade to Apple instead. With barely 45 minutes left of 9/26 local time, UPS did the origin scan for my phone. I don't anticipate seeing it before Wednesday. You know, because it's Monday and it's Next Day Air (may take two business days). This year has just been one company after another dropping the ball on me. UPS will be the third.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

I learned my lesson, I just need to have my phone paid off so I don't have to turn it in to T-Mobile and make a straight trade to Apple instead. With barely 45 minutes left of 9/26 local time, UPS did the origin scan for my phone. I don't anticipate seeing it before Wednesday. You know, because it's Monday and it's Next Day Air (may take two business days). This year has just been one company after another dropping the ball on me. UPS will be the third.
    I don't even do apple trade in. I just pay retail. I sold my old phone for $690. New phone was $869 + tax. Maybe 930 OTD. So I paid $240 difference. Breaks down to $20 bucks a month for the year it cost. I just prefer to go that route. But Apple trade in program is still a great option.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

I don't even do apple trade in. I just pay retail. I sold my old phone for $690. New phone was $869 + tax. Maybe 930 OTD. So I paid $240 difference. Breaks down to $20 bucks a month for the year it cost. I just prefer to go that route. But Apple trade in program is still a great option.
    I wish I could, my budget is strained right now. Hopefully I get sorted before then and just buy it outright. I'm still worried I'm going to get the matte Black instead of Jet Black after all this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

I wish I could, my budget is strained right now. Hopefully I get sorted before then and just buy it outright. I'm still worried I'm going to get the matte Black instead of Jet Black after all this.
    Yeah I hear you. I just pay up front on CC and then sell my phone and pay that money right back. And also just pay the difference back too. I know that won't work for all so trade in program works best for others.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Yeah I sold mine on Craigslist to pay off the iphone balance with TMobile and chose the Apple Upgrade Program. I can't buy outright but that's cool.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

Maybe I'll get lucky, UPS says scheduled delivery for tomorrow.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

Maybe I'll get lucky, UPS says scheduled delivery for tomorrow.
    UPS has always been accurate for me on delivery date except one time due to storm while in transit.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

UPS has always been accurate for me on delivery date except one time due to storm while in transit.
    I hope so, it still has to travel from Kentucky to California tonight.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

I hope so, it still has to travel from Kentucky to California tonight.
    It will that's how my wife's was the night before launch. It was in Louisville. It arrived as scheduled and we are in Nevada.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Louisville is UPS's hub so it should be delivered on time. Mine started moving late last night and is in SE Florida now. Interestingly, as soon as the tracking number went active, I received an email from TMO stating that my device payment was processed. Guess they didn't want to appear to accept payment before shipping the device.

FWIW, TMO (and many other companies) prepare shipping labels days in advance for preorders or mass shipments as it takes time to get all of the boxes labeled and ready to go. They fill a UPS trailer and then when ready to release, they deliver the trailer to UPS. It's a common practice and I wouldn't fault UPS or TMO for doing so - it's just the way it has to be. My wife's tracking number for her 7 was created almost a week before release day but the package wasn't given to UPS until the day before release and she received it on release day.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,638 Global Posts

It will that's how my wife's was the night before launch. It was in Louisville. It arrived as scheduled and we are in Nevada.
    Well they surprised me. While I slept for 5 1/2 hours, my phone made it from Louisville to nearly where I am, making its way probably to the final UPS location before being put on the truck for delivery.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

I gave up on T-Mo getting it shipped any time soon so I canceled my order and went to the Apple Store to get one. Granted, I had to hawk their reservation system for a bit and I used the IUP reservation system instead of the regular one (IUP gets priority) but I ended up finding one at a store about 40 mins away (Matte Black) and when asked just said no thanks to IUP and paid for it full-price.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neurodave View Post
    I gave up on T-Mo getting it shipped any time soon so I canceled my order and went to the Apple Store to get one. Granted, I had to hawk their reservation system for a bit and I used the IUP reservation system instead of the regular one (IUP gets priority) but I ended up finding one at a store about 40 mins away (Matte Black) and when asked just said no thanks to IUP and paid for it full-price.
    How did you search as an IUP? Were you already part of the program?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

How did you search as an IUP? Were you already part of the program?
    Check out the thread I just created in this forum. Explains how I went about it. Good luck!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michial Brown View Post
    The only reason I'm sticking with tmobile is the insurance part, I know you get applecare+ from apple. I never thought I would ever loose my phone until I did once. Plus with jump, you're not only bound to apple products. I have original JUMP. I can upgrade every 6 mo with no limit on how mitch balance is paid off.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    The only reason I'm sticking with tmobile is the insurance part, I know you get applecare+ from apple. I never thought I would ever loose my phone until I did once. Plus with jump, you're not only bound to apple products. I have original JUMP. I can upgrade every 6 mo with no limit on how mitch balance is paid off.
    I'm happily in the Apple ecosystem. I only want one phone a year so the Apple plan works great for me. I still like TMobile for their service just not their hardware programs. But to each his own. Cheers
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast