Upgrade from m 6s to 7/7+? Why or why not?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
So...I'm officially on the fence. If I was going from an iPhone 6 or 6+ to the 7/7+, upgrading would be a no-brainer. Trading a 2-year old device for newer technology is smart.

But, what if your're already rocking a 6s or 6s+ that was working great...or , more specifically (in my case) a 6s and chose the smaller phone last year because the 6s+ I originally upgraded to was so unwieldy to me carrying it in the pocket of my dress slacks every day? What if you don't shoot all that many pictures or store all that much music. What if your phone had never gotten wet...and the chances of dropping it in a toilet or lake was probablly 0%. What if the larger phone still attracts you (as it does me), but the reality is that the hardware has barely changed in two years...what was too big then is still too big now?

Would you still...or did you still upgrade to the 7/7+? Why or why not?

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Good question, seems like you answered it though. If you don't need that much storage, don't really take pictures and think there's a "0%" chance of dropping it in the water then there is no point in upgrading i think. You are still going to get iOS10 so that should give you a bunch of new features and functions.

i for one love that camera in the new iPhone 7+, will i upgrade? Maybe not yet, but eventually will. Def need more storage, but my main reason is the camera, i take a lot of pics and that's the reason i would upgrade.

Bayzero

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
You guys have answered almost every questions but If you are gadget freak, like innovation and things in vogue. Then iPhone 7 is your best bet!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is that I have the iPhone 6. I had zero intent of ordering the 7. That's a 6 not even a 6Plus with the extra stuff like "raise to wake" or "hey siri" when not plugged in or faster processors, better camera, better screen etc.. with the 6 I was happy.

Wife said, I wan't to dump my (her) 5s because the camera is too scratched, she wants my 6. So I am getting the 7. I was going to wait until next year for the anniversary 8 (doubt there is a 7s on the horizon)...

The 6S is a powerhouse.. no reason to upgrade unless you totally are geeking out on the 7, or you have a need for the camera / water / etc.. you're fine. I love tech as much as the next person, but the 6S is a winner. Only upgrade if you just want the latest.

Good luck with your choice.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Remember this, we only live once. We work hard, thus why not play as hard? Buy the device you want :)

Last edited:

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So...I'm officially on the fence. If I was going from an iPhone 6 or 6+ to the 7/7+, upgrading would be a no-brainer. Trading a 2-year old device for newer technology is smart.

But, what if your're already rocking a 6s or 6s+ that was working great...or , more specifically (in my case) a 6s and chose the smaller phone last year because the 6s+ I originally upgraded to was so unwieldy to me carrying it in the pocket of my dress slacks every day? What if you don't shoot all that many pictures or store all that much music. What if your phone had never gotten wet...and the chances of dropping it in a toilet or lake was probablly 0%. What if the larger phone still attracts you (as it does me), but the reality is that the hardware has barely changed in two years...what was too big then is still too big now?

Would you still...or did you still upgrade to the 7/7+? Why or why not?

Yeah I think you answered it. It seems like you probably don't need to upgrade this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro