Release day people!

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So with preorders getting delayed now, are you going to try and find a store (carrier,Best Buy or Apple store) who has your choice?

My preorder ships October 4 but want to try to get it Friday. Is that possible ?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Anything is possible but highly unlikely

Most Carriers are on delay. I'm sitting here at Sprint waiting for there System to come on-line

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally was able to get my pre order to go through via apples site carrier att (i refuse to use their site) anyway man I tell you this those supplies dwindled within min my freaking 7 plus Jet black will not ship until Nov. Fingers crossed this date moves up as they release these devices.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I decided just to wait until November or December to get my iphone 7 Plus. I forgot that I have a lot going on in regards to traveling and stuff.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Stores always have at least 5 variants come in. Just go to some out of the way store. The one I'm going Fri is on a main Street but it's in a weird stripmall set up.

ogl > cal

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I were looking to buy one, I would just order and wait out the shipment. It's a hassle always checking stores all the time because the time dedicated to that just means you're missing out on the days it takes an order to ship anyway.

That's just my advice though. If you really have to have it in your hands ASAP, then by all means keep checking.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If I were looking to buy one, I would just order and wait out the shipment. It's a hassle always checking stores all the time because the time dedicated to that just means you're missing out on the days it takes an order to ship anyway.

That's just my advice though. If you really have to have it in your hands ASAP, then by all means keep checking.

Do you think the phones will be easier to find come late November and early December? I know that is the holiday season but I figure most of the people would have rushed out and bought them by then so it would be easier to find.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you think the phones will be easier to find come late November and early December? I know that is the holiday season but I figure most of the people would have rushed out and bought them by then so it would be easier to find.

Probably a little less difficult compared to now since that is the holiday season. I'd say just save the headache and just order online from Apple and wait out the shipment. If you really gotta have it, check Apple Store availability on the site or through their app every couple of hours.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

might as well order now, you'll have it by Nov lol

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably a little less difficult compared to now since that is the holiday season. I'd say just save the headache and just order online from Apple and wait out the shipment. If you really gotta have it, check Apple Store availability on the site or through their app every couple of hours.

Yea I still plan on ordering online but after thinking about it this morning with all that I have going on buying the phone now proabably isn't the best thing. I am doing some traveling this month and next month and I am going to my first NFL game. so I need to save some cash ha. So the whole deal with AT&T last night might be for the best

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Anything is possible but highly unlikely

Most Carriers are on delay. I'm sitting here at Sprint waiting for there System to come on-line

Are you at a store? I was able to preorder but during the process the system went down. I got it done and it only took about 15 minutes. Surprised me because last year it took 2 hours and the year before it took 1 hour.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What a joke this new iPhone is...first time in the 7 different phone I have not preordered. My 6+ is running strong and will be updated with the new iOS. $900 richer
https://youtu.be/RgBDdDdSqNE

What makes it a joke? Headphone jack aside, it's water and dust resistant, faster, has more memory, better battery life, brighter display, WAY better camera technology, stereo speakers, it's faster. How is your 6 Plus better?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Stores always have at least 5 variants come in. Just go to some out of the way store. The one I'm going Fri is on a main Street but it's in a weird stripmall set up.

ogl > cal

That's how I got my 6. Walked into a store in an almost empty strip mall at 7pm on launch day.

vinnyl26

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
What makes it a joke? Headphone jack aside, it's water and dust resistant, faster, has more memory, better battery life, brighter display, WAY better camera technology, stereo speakers, it's faster. How is your 6 Plus better?

Could care less over the camera. Faster for what? No issues with battery life now. Water resistant? I just keep it away from water, no issues with memory on mine. Ohh and have $900 extra to spend on other things. I guess if you have money to burn by all means.

putney1477

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I was able to preorder at 5am eastern time this morning. Phone will be at the store on Sept 16th. I wanted the silver....so I was hoping it would be available. I know the 2 black variants will be harder to get.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Could care less over the camera. Faster for what? No issues with battery life now. Water resistant? I just keep it away from water, no issues with memory on mine. Ohh and have $900 extra to spend on other things. I guess if you have money to burn by all means.

So because YOU don't have a need for the new features it's a joke. To each his/her own I guess.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
LOVE, how people come out of the wood work and come from other sites lol

Comparing spec's,(You did read them didn't you?) it's a better over all device......To some it may not be a deal breaker. Which is fine, stick with what you have. It's your choice. But flat out lying saying the specs are not better then previous iPhones is the true joke.