Jet Black Plus already showing November ship date for Verizon

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Not at all surprised. New colours will grab peoples attention. And I have been talking to people all night who are getting it. I got the Jet Black through my carrier and take delivery 9/16. Got lucky!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's crazy! I reserved a silver 7 Plus but I'm hoping they'll swap it out for a jet black. It's worth a shot!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a gold 7 plus hopping they swap me out cause the jet black was for a Oct delivery date. That sucks

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a 256 GB Jet Black 7 Plus at around 2:15 AM Central Time and it is already 4 weeks delay (delivery on Oct 18th). But it does not matter to me as I don't have to be the first kid in the block to have the phone. The fact that I am paying only $519 including upgrade charge, because of the Verizon's subsidy, I am very happy already. :)

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I was vacillating between black and jet black for two days, but Apple made it a much easier decision for my weary eyes in the middle of the night with that projected delivery time for JB. It was already showing October when I was ordering around 3:20 a.m. So black it is.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I was vacillating between black and jet black for two days, but Apple made it a much easier decision for my weary eyes in the middle of the night with that projected delivery time for JB. It was already showing October when I was ordering around 3:20 a.m. So black it is.

I only had the option of matte black 256 gb and I was on the App Store immediately.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
my Jet Black 7+ is slated to arrive 9/26-10/3. I wonder if they didn't manufacture as many of these because they weren't sure if the color would be a hit or not? I also feel like our delivery dates will be pushed up sooner, like previous years

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
my Jet Black 7+ is slated to arrive 9/26-10/3. I wonder if they didn't manufacture as many of these because they weren't sure if the color would be a hit or not? I also feel like our delivery dates will be pushed up sooner, like previous years

Hype engine. They keep stock at a limited quantity to drive up the popularity and hype around a particular model every year. This jet black version is the modern "Gold" or "space grey" fiasco we saw years ago, or the "white" variant when the 3GS came out.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oddly enough, the shiny Jet Black has zero appeal to me: fingerprint & scratch magnet.

I actually don't care much about color except that my man prefers to use my old devices and he hates white.
Also in the whites collection, I (personally) could do silver, if I had to I could do the rose gold and slap a different color case on it and be fine.
But I cannot, will not ever get a gold iPhone: it reminds me of the Trump tower in all its tacky gaudy garishness.

So I had tried for the regular black.
But Apple's ordering debacles has turned off my consumer mojo as surely as a nun clenching on easter.
I do not need the headaches, so they can keep their stupid phone while I get on with my life, no device is worth this BS.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Jet Black is basically this year's gold 5S. It's pretty much the most distinguishing factor when it comes to people wanting to show that they have the latest iPhone.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Oddly enough, the shiny Jet Black has zero appeal to me: fingerprint & scratch magnet.

I actually don't care much about color except that my man prefers to use my old devices and he hates white.
Also in the whites collection, I (personally) could do silver, if I had to I could do the rose gold and slap a different color case on it and be fine.
But I cannot, will not ever get a gold iPhone: it reminds me of the Trump tower in all its tacky gaudy garishness.

So I had tried for the regular black.
But Apple's ordering debacles has turned off my consumer mojo as surely as a nun clenching on easter.
I do not need the headaches, so they can keep their stupid phone while I get on with my life, no device is worth this BS.

I'm still rather shocked that people still get so passionately upset about something that happens in the same exact fashion every single year.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Jet Black is basically this year's gold 5S. It's pretty much the most distinguishing factor when it comes to people wanting to show that they have the latest iPhone.

When the 5S came out with GOLD (as you said) hottest ticket in town. When the 6 and 6plus came out, I was not going to upgrade my 5S (space gray) I was bored one day about 3-4 weeks after the 6 launch and went into an AT&T Store in Portland. I liked the 6 (not plus) and they said my 5S was available for a trade in for the 6 dollar for dollar, so the 6 is basically free if I wanted it. Oddly though the only color they had left was gold. No one wanted the gold. So I got a gold iPhone 6. Latest and greatest, until forgotten on the side of the road LOL

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still rather shocked that people still get so passionately upset about something that happens in the same exact fashion every single year.

I'm actually new at this: prior to the iPhone 6, I never bought phones on release day, always several months down the road so all I had to do was walk into a store and buy it.
For the 6, I did the camp out, it was fun and brutal, lol.
3 months later I sold it but bought a 6 Plus the same day in the store.
So this feels new to me and it sucks and I'm not willing to put up with it, I value my quality of life, my zen and happiness way too much.
Live and learn.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
To each their own I suppose. I think most people value their quality of life, but can also roll with the punches when necessary without major strife. Not to say you're wrong for your reaction, I just still find it kind of shocking that anyone, even those who have never pre-ordered an iPhone, would still be shocked by what I have observed as a very normal and historically identical pre-order experience. I mean it's been the same ol' song and dance for what, almost a decade now?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
To each their own I suppose. I think most people value their quality of life, but can also roll with the punches when necessary without major strife. Not to say you're wrong for your reaction, I just still find it kind of shocking that anyone, even those who have never pre-ordered an iPhone, would still be shocked by what I have observed as a very normal and historically identical pre-order experience. I mean it's been the same ol' song and dance for what, almost a decade now?

Perhaps, but like I said, to me, it is new and I'm not willing to put up with it. My lady mojo is MUCH happier now, lol. :tongue:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox