Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Question How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

I have a Moto X Pure Edition and ever since I got my iPad Pro 9.7 the iPhones have looked more enticing to me. This is coming from an Android nerd since 2010. So who is coming from Android switching over to iPhone 7 Plus? I may just have to order one myself, but the price is steep!

Default Re: How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

I use both android and iOS but iOS is my main daily driver. I found out that I use the same apps on both devices but iOS just seems more polished to me.
    libra89 and eternal2009 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Converting back from a three year hiatus. Had the IPhone 5 left for HTC and currently Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus to the 128gb Black 7 plus. Everyone else in my family is on Apple. I liked the customization on Android but Apple is getting there with some things. Otherwise looking forward to better battery life and stable os.
    Screen downgrade though from what I have currently.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

I'm thinking about switching
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Switching from S7 Edge. Love the Edge. Great product, great battery life. It's just that I own 2 iPads and my wife is all iOS. iPhone 7 will 'play' better in my ecosystem.
    Hellzwind likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

Switching from Android. Been on Android since the OG Droid on Verizon. Order in. My wife has a 6.. so going to standardize all our stuff on the Apple Ecosystem. I love using my phone as a camera so the Plus was a no brainer since I use larger Android phones.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

*raises hand*

Possibly. I need a new phone and this seems better overall than the current android offerings. I do use an iphone 6S for work but mainly business related only.
    iMore Beginner

70%
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbiowa View Post
    Switching from S7 Edge. Love the Edge. Great product, great battery life. It's just that I own 2 iPads and my wife is all iOS. iPhone 7 will 'play' better in my ecosystem.
    Many people have Android phones and iPads. For some reason, that's a very common combination. I guess you'll be able to see what true connectivity is like.
    erwaso likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    Many people have Android phones and iPads. For some reason, that's a very common combination. I guess you'll be able to see what true connectivity is like.
    Yeah, that's me too,,,, I love my iPad Pro 13", Air 2 and Mini,,,, but I always go back and forth between iPhones and Samsung's,,,,,,, I never really cared for the Android tablets though.

I just sold my 6S and am currently rockin the Galaxy S7, I did a order today for the Black iPhone 7 Plus.

Cheers
    Davyo
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    I did that since my start with tablets. Had an iPad 3 and now an iPad Air. My wife syncs it with her iPhone and she loves it.

iPads just run better then android tablets imo
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

I have the opposite. I had a iPhone 6s Plus soon to be 7 plus and a android tablet.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I'm a big Apple user. I've gotten tons of people to cross over to the Mac and iOS. But I've never owned an iPhone. It's time. The Android ecosystem is frustrating. Many of my fav apps look better on iOS (on my iPod or family members iPhones) and I'm not liking the inability to get timely updates beyond a relatively short period of time.

The main attraction for me is the size of the 7+ = just right. I can't stand the smaller phones after being using a Nexus the last couple of years. Yet, I don't want some of the Android monstrosities I see walking around with. Unfortunately for me, I thought I'd wait till next month to make the switch. Hoping that wasn't a mistake and I wind up waiting till November to finally get my first iPhone.
    iMore Newbie

Moving from the Galaxy S6(battery has gone to crap) to a new 128gb iPhone 7+ Because the camera and phone size is similar to what I'm used to
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breuklen View Post
    I'm a big Apple user. I've gotten tons of people to cross over to the Mac and iOS. But I've never owned an iPhone. It's time. The Android ecosystem is frustrating. Many of my fav apps look better on iOS (on my iPod or family members iPhones) and I'm not liking the inability to get timely updates beyond a relatively short period of time.

The main attraction for me is the size of the 7+ = just right. I can't stand the smaller phones after being using a Nexus the last couple of years. Yet, I don't want some of the Android monstrosities I see walking around with. Unfortunately for me, I thought I'd wait till next month to make the switch. Hoping that wasn't a mistake and I wind up waiting till November to finally get my first iPhone.
    It really shows that you're a big Apple user. Because of how ill-informed about the android world you are.

Judging by your comment about the sizes of the phones out there right now. I won't explain what you're wrong about. Should be able to do ones own research.

Classic 'Big Apple user' comment.
    erwaso and T48 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

And don't get me wrong. I'm an apple user as well. And i love apple for what it is. But I've experienced all sides of the spectrum.
    eternal2009 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm switching because I buy a lot of phones, but the IP7+ may be my primary phone for awhile. I kept my Iphone 6 plus for almost two years, which is a long time for me, but it wasn't my primary phone.

I really like the Apple ecosystem but have never fully delved into it, especially since apple music and itunes basically messed up my entire music library and playlists. I love the Ipad, and always have one, it's still the best tablet overall for me.

I'm probably the contrarian of this thread, because as soon as the new Google phones are announced, I'll be excited about Android again.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

Sorry if I came off as being rude.

Mis-information gets me.
    T48 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,350 Global Posts

It's funny how Apple continues to steal ideas from Android manufacturers (htc one m8 dual camera anyone?). If it was the other way around they would sue htc.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Default How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    It's funny how Apple continues to steal ideas from Android manufacturers (htc one m8 dual camera anyone?). If it was the other way around they would sue htc.
    Sue HTC?? Probably not for awhile as Apple and HTC made a 10 year cross-licensing deal a few years ago:
    http://m.imore.com/apple-and-htc-set...sing-agreement
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    Don't forget the LG G5
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breuklen View Post

My 5.5 inch lg G3 is slightly larger than the 4.7 inch iPhone 6S.

The only monstrosity is the nexus 6P, which is about the same size as the iPhone 6 Plus and even has a larger screen.
    libra89 and rumpelst like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Basir View Post
    It really shows that you're a big Apple user. Because of how ill-informed about the android world you are.

Judging by your comment about the sizes of the phones out there right now. I won't explain what you're wrong about. Should be able to do ones own research.

Classic 'Big Apple user' comment.
    Wow, who **** in your corn flakes? LOL

I've only had two smartphones, both Androids. Currently using the Nexus 5 which is on it's last legs.

I'm ill-informed because apps I've used on both platforms look and perform better on iOS? Especially some features not being available on Android?

I'm ill-informed because top line Android phones come out with older versions of the OS and may never get updated? Hell, many Android users complain about getting maybe one year of updates and/or getting updates several months after they're available. That's why I got a Nexus phone, to get updates and not worry about carriers delaying updates or even not making them available. That was my situation with my first smartphone.

I'm ill-informed because I see Android phones over 6" and even a couple users laughed about how unwieldy they are to use? When Apple finally came out with larger iPhones I tried them out and thought the plus version was too large for my needs at the time. I think 5.5 would be okay now given I now use my phone for a lot more emails and web surfing on long trips.

Every user has different experiences with technology/platforms and different needs. No need for senseless hissy fits because someone has a difference of opinion.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 10-06-2016 at 06:44 AM.
    jayk82, sMt73, maritai and 1 others like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Im switching from S7 Edge.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I am a long time android user going back to the HTC Evo. I am coming off the Nexus 6P. I was looking forward to the 2016 Nexus until Google decided to change direction. I was uninspired by the Pixel phones and their high price pushed me to try the iPhone 7 plus. So far I am enjoying the phone. It integrates well with my Mac and iPad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast