Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

Long time Blackberry user. Switched to an S3 when that came out, then an S5. Got the BlackBerry PRIV when it came out. Love it, but lots of hardware drawbacks . Not very durable. Never had an iPhone. Ordered the 7+ 256. It should be delivered today. I'm pretty excited.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

I just ordered the 7+, due to the Note7 recall. I've was a blackberry user, then switched to Android in 2009. I loved the Note series and never thought I'd use anything else.
    Now that I'm sending my second Note7 back, I decided to give the iPhone a try. Why? Since Note line is stalled for now, I'll try something new. Also, ios does seem smoother overall. Most importantly, I'm full in with the Google ecosystem and I really like it. Seeing that Google apps/services work well on the iPhone, I thought I'd try the ios smoothness paired with Google services and see if that's a good marriage.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    Seeing that Google apps/services work well on the iPhone, I thought I'd try the ios smoothness paired with Google services and see if that's a good marriage.
    IMO it's a great combination! That's what sold me on keeping my iPhone
    libra89 and jerrykur like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,641 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    I just ordered the 7+, due to the Note7 recall. I've was a blackberry user, then switched to Android in 2009. I loved the Note series and never thought I'd use anything else.
    Now that I'm sending my second Note7 back, I decided to give the iPhone a try. Why? Since Note line is stalled for now, I'll try something new. Also, ios does seem smoother overall. Most importantly, I'm full in with the Google ecosystem and I really like it. Seeing that Google apps/services work well on the iPhone, I thought I'd try the ios smoothness paired with Google services and see if that's a good marriage.
    Google apps and services have definitely come a long way since the last time I was on the iPhone. I'm glad that they're better integrated because I still use a lot of their apps for daily use. The one app that doesn't work and I don't think is available is the Google Clock app. I really liked it and had it on all my Android phones, but the Apple one does try. I also like that my Google calendar integrated damn near seamlessly to my Apple one. It was a trial with Samsung Calendar, and I ended up downloading Google Calendar on my S7E and N7. I just don't think I should have to fight or compensate with another app when I buy an expensive phone, but that's just me or maybe I had one to many Nexus devices.

Otherwise I really don't have any complaints.
    libra89 and jerrykur like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

hello

android is in almost everything better. i had a galaxy s7 edge before and honestly it is the better phone. however i like my macs and macbooks somehow apple fan and use my iphone a lot for email and messages. everyone at work has one and makes my life simple.

if you are a hardcore phone user you stay with android but if you like me and love the community and people here. also have a iMAC at home you buy an iphone.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Loved my note 5 fast phone, wireless charging was great. After the marshmallow update it all went downhill. The phone would always get hot and would lag. Battery life also went downhill. With the note 7 recall and the pixel not being on att I decided to try the ip7 plus. I love it so many cases lol and iMessage
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I made the switch from the Nexus 5x yesterday. I've been on Android for about 6 or 7 years so it's definitely a refreshing change! Loving the 7+ so far.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,793 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david818 View Post
    Loved my note 5 fast phone, wireless charging was great. After the marshmallow update it all went downhill. The phone would always get hot and would lag. Battery life also went downhill. With the note 7 recall and the pixel not being on att I decided to try the ip7 plus. I love it so many cases lol and iMessage
    You can buy the pixel and use it on any us carrier apparently. Verizon is just exclusively selling it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123