Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Question LTE Bands and carrier choices on the 7+?

Hey everybody...
    I'm considering my pre-order, but I'm not sure which way to go. I currently have a 6S+ on T-Mobile, model A1687. According to this page at Apple (iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple) it appears that the CDMA & GSM carriers shared this one model - since Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon were all listed as US Carriers. However, on the 7+ it looks like they are split again with Sprint & Verizon offering the A1661, and AT&T and T-Mobile offering the A1784. In comparing the lists of LTE bands on these 2 models - unless I'm missing something - the lists look identical... So ??? Are they really different models?

Although I'm currently with T-Mobile, since I frequently travel to rural Tennessee, I am considering switching to Verizon. I usually buy my devices outright, so I'd like to ensure that whatever I buy will be able to be used on either network with no degradation in service.

Are there any wireless experts out there that can help me sort this out??
    iMore Genius

Default Re: LTE Bands and carrier choices on the 7+?

I know that the Verizon versions should work with T-Mobile, probably the same for the T-Mobile version working with Verizon. Just chat with Apple sales chat to be sure.
    iMore Intermediate

The verizon and sprint versions will work with ATT and Tmobile however the ATT and TMob versions do not support CDMA so they are not compatible with Lil Red and Big Yellow.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by nokia4life View Post
    The verizon and sprint versions will work with ATT and Tmobile however the ATT and TMob versions do not support CDMA so they are not compatible with Lil Red and Big Yellow.
    They are partially compatible... They do support Verizon lte,but not cdma.