LTE Bands and carrier choices on the 7+?

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody...
I'm considering my pre-order, but I'm not sure which way to go. I currently have a 6S+ on T-Mobile, model A1687. According to this page at Apple (iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple) it appears that the CDMA & GSM carriers shared this one model - since Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon were all listed as US Carriers. However, on the 7+ it looks like they are split again with Sprint & Verizon offering the A1661, and AT&T and T-Mobile offering the A1784. In comparing the lists of LTE bands on these 2 models - unless I'm missing something - the lists look identical... So ??? Are they really different models?

Although I'm currently with T-Mobile, since I frequently travel to rural Tennessee, I am considering switching to Verizon. I usually buy my devices outright, so I'd like to ensure that whatever I buy will be able to be used on either network with no degradation in service.

Are there any wireless experts out there that can help me sort this out??

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I know that the Verizon versions should work with T-Mobile, probably the same for the T-Mobile version working with Verizon. Just chat with Apple sales chat to be sure.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The verizon and sprint versions will work with ATT and Tmobile however the ATT and TMob versions do not support CDMA so they are not compatible with Lil Red and Big Yellow.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The verizon and sprint versions will work with ATT and Tmobile however the ATT and TMob versions do not support CDMA so they are not compatible with Lil Red and Big Yellow.
They are partially compatible... They do support Verizon lte,but not cdma.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2