Note 7 refugees

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 on Monday. I loved the size and screen plus the S-pen was great. My battery life was phenomenal with 6-7 hours of SOT per charge. But I didn't want to deal with the recall wait times that were still unknown then. Plus a lot of apps still don't utilize the fingerprint sensor and some apps felt left behind compared to their iOS counterparts. I went on Best Buy's website today and ordered a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus in black just after 10am. A few hours later I received a shipping confirmation. I will have my new iPhone middle of next week.

I really wanted to give android another chance after switching back and forth for years but the Note 7 debacle let me down. A lot of people kept saying not to worry about the recall and wait it out but I have a 5 year old that uses my phone at times and I don't know what I'd do had it burned up while he was using it, just wasn't worth the risk to me. The note 7 was hands down the best android device I've used. I especially liked the form factor and size. It had a bigger screen but was a smaller device than the 7 plus.

It really is mind boggling the amount of people who still claim the issue is overblown and "my device is fine" so I keep using it. Like seriously. Samsung would not have issues a recall of there was no problem. And yes your device is fine. But everyone's device was fine before it burst into flames. It's not like the one that caught fire were shooting little flames out for a week and the owner was like well I'll keep it and see if it worsens.

Some people are so stuck in their heads they fail to see things as they really are. I had the note 7 as well. Fantastic device. I returned mine as well and await my 7 plus.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Still charging my original Note 7 and waiting for the replacement next week.
It's hard to beat the Note 7 (besides the fire / explosion inconvenience). :tongue:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It really is mind boggling the amount of people who still claim the issue is overblown and "my device is fine" so I keep using it. Like seriously. Samsung would not have issues a recall of there was no problem. And yes your device is fine. But everyone's device was fine before it burst into flames. It's not like the one that caught fire were shooting little flames out for a week and the owner was like well I'll keep it and see if it worsens.

Some people are so stuck in their heads they fail to see things as they really are. I had the note 7 as well. Fantastic device. I returned mine as well and await my 7 plus.

I have no respect for anyone who ignored that recall. They are choosing to potentially endanger innocent people because of their own stubbornness.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 on Monday. I loved the size and screen plus the S-pen was great. My battery life was phenomenal with 6-7 hours of SOT per charge. But I didn't want to deal with the recall wait times that were still unknown then. Plus a lot of apps still don't utilize the fingerprint sensor and some apps felt left behind compared to their iOS counterparts. I went on Best Buy's website today and ordered a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus in black just after 10am. A few hours later I received a shipping confirmation. I will have my new iPhone middle of next week.

I really wanted to give android another chance after switching back and forth for years but the Note 7 debacle let me down. A lot of people kept saying not to worry about the recall and wait it out but I have a 5 year old that uses my phone at times and I don't know what I'd do had it burned up while he was using it, just wasn't worth the risk to me. The note 7 was hands down the best android device I've used. I especially liked the form factor and size. It had a bigger screen but was a smaller device than the 7 plus.

Some recalls you can ignore and wait for a fix. For example my camaro has a small recall, but i am waiting till i take it into the shop to worry about it. IF the recall had to do the device catching fire, it is not worth taking the risk. Just take it in. Better to be safe than sorry.

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Update: So I've been able to exchange my Note 7 already. I was very happy with how they accommodated everyone (they were giving food and refreshments) and how easy and efficient it was to exchange it. Even though my queue number was 2182 and they were just serving 2087, I waited for just around 10 minutes! (already backed up data and formatted phone so exchange was fast) They had around 100+ counters for exchanging.

So my new unit looks just the same, except for the box with the black dot that shows that it's the new replacement. The keyboard is not lagging, so far, so I might give the Note 7 a chance (gonna give it a month or 2).. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong again.

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Update: So I've been able to exchange my Note 7 already. I was very happy with how they accommodated everyone (they were giving food and refreshments) and how easy and efficient it was to exchange it. Even though my queue number was 2182 and they were just serving 2087, I waited for just around 10 minutes! (already backed up data and formatted phone so exchange was fast) They had around 100+ counters for exchanging.

So my new unit looks just the same, except for the box with the black dot that shows that it's the new replacement. The keyboard is not lagging, so far, so I might give the Note 7 a chance (gonna give it a month or 2).. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong again.

Good luck to ya. Still haven't decided between the Note 7 or the iPhone 7 plus.

Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 6s Plus

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I am a note 7 refugee also. Got it on launch day, loved it but just took it in this past Friday. I was skeptical about the recall at first but am jumping ship back to Apple, unfortunately. I have had the 5,5s,6 plus and 6s plus. The reason I was jumping to Android was the hardware innovations of Samsung which leaves Apple in the dust. Android also looked like it was finally catching up to Apple in terms of OS but they are still not quite there. Like the OP, apps on IOS are just better. I waited in line to exchange my Note 7 Friday at our local Verizon, was the first in line, waited 3 and a half hours, only to be told they had 0 plus models in stock. My local Verizon store is awesome, they swapped out my Note 7 for a S7 edge as a loaner until my 7 plus 128GB comes in, which isn't until 10/26.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Good luck to ya. Still haven't decided between the Note 7 or the iPhone 7 plus.

Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 6s Plus

Me either, and from what I've seen on YouTube so far the Note 7 still has the superior camera when compared to the iP7+. Low light is better, and color reproduction is superior as the iPhone tends to tint things Magenta or Green (I noticed this in some of the first sample images that came out, though). Focus on the Note 7 is still faster. The flash on the Note 7 is better (iPhone tends to blow things out), and the FFC has better dynamic range and a wider field of view. Also, the OIS on the Note 7 seems to be better than on the iPhone.

The camera is just better in every way except the amount of detail it gets out of the FFC (iPhone has 7MP)

So it depends largely on whether or not I'm willing to move over to Android at this point.

I still don't like the Edged Screen, but the better camera is probably the better bet if I upgrade at this point. Will give it another month or so, to see if they release an iOS update to fix the camera performance on the iPhone 7. If not, I'll likely get the Note 7.

I'm starting to wonder if Apple is going to be perpetually behind Android OEMs like Samsung in terms of camera performance, now. They seemed to have leaped ahead, and there's no looking back.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Me either, and from what I've seen on YouTube so far the Note 7 still has the superior camera when compared to the iP7+. Low light is better, and color reproduction is superior as the iPhone tends to tint things Magenta or Green (I noticed this in some of the first sample images that came out, though). Focus on the Note 7 is still faster. The flash on the Note 7 is better (iPhone tends to blow things out), and the FFC has better dynamic range and a wider field of view. Also, the OIS on the Note 7 seems to be better than on the iPhone.

The camera is just better in every way except the amount of detail it gets out of the FFC (iPhone has 7MP)

So it depends largely on whether or not I'm willing to move over to Android at this point.

I still don't like the Edged Screen, but the better camera is probably the better bet if I upgrade at this point. Will give it another month or so, to see if they release an iOS update to fix the camera performance on the iPhone 7. If not, I'll likely get the Note 7.

I'm starting to wonder if Apple is going to be perpetually behind Android OEMs like Samsung in terms of camera performance, now. They seemed to have leaped ahead, and there's no looking back.

I've had both phones and personally, while the note 7 took great pictures, I think the 7 plus takes better pictures. Here's why:

People, skin tones look much more natural when using the 7 plus vs note 7. The note 7 has a tendency to make your face red or orange. Specially in areas with a lot of light.

Contrast: Samsung phones have always had way too much contrast. Colors almost do not look real in some cases.

Zoom: The optical zoom with the 7 plus works very well every times I've used it. I posted pictures on one of the stickies of a tree I took a picture of.

I've watched and read some comparison reviews on different websites where I was seriously wondering which images they were talking about. You have one image where you can see clean crisp lines, clear colors and the more blurred washed out image next to it they were like wow look at how much better this image is (it wasn't at all). I think if you did a blind test people would pick out an image captured and processed by the iPhone 7 plus over the note 7 any day.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm charging my Note 7 now............Just saying. :tongue:

That's the problem. I don't have the 7, but the 5. And I'm charging. Charging. Charging. Dam* this thing loves to charge. I owned the original 6 Plus, loved the awesome battery life but thought 1 gig of memory was a big liability. Really enjoyed the Note 5 but these last few months the thing is eating through juice to where it's on my charger way too much. 7 Plus ordered in matte black and looking forward to having a phone that doesn't need battery babysitting.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got my CC credited back for my Note 7 purchase. I'm not sure if I will get another one or not. I'm really liking the iphone 7 Plus, and forgot how easy some things are on IOS compared to a touchwiz-infested Android phone, like the Note 7.

I still like the Note 7's design slightly better, but I don't use the S-pen a lot, and typing is so much easier on the Iphone for me. The screen on the Note 7 looks nicer than the Iphone 7.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Pondering on my delivery date debacle, I can't help but think that one way for Samsung to increase their profit, since its obviously not going to be with the quality of their product, might be customer service and speed/accuracy of delivery dates, lol.

Because that's one area where Apple is completely incompetent.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my CC credited back for my Note 7 purchase. I'm not sure if I will get another one or not. I'm really liking the iphone 7 Plus, and forgot how easy some things are on IOS compared to a touchwiz-infested Android phone, like the Note 7.

I still like the Note 7's design slightly better, but I don't use the S-pen a lot, and typing is so much easier on the Iphone for me. The screen on the Note 7 looks nicer than the Iphone 7.

That's pretty much my thinking too, except when I had the Note (as well as the Note 4) I used the S Pen a LOT. I actually had a dream last night that I had my Note 7 back, but then it was stolen an it was a harrowing experience to try to get back lol. The Note 7 was truly the best Android device I had ever owned, and I've owned a lot. But I've majorly enjoyed my time with my iPhone 6s+ and want to keep that experience going.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note 7 really made an impression on me so much that as soon as my AT&T store had the "new" Note 7's I ran to the store today and got a replacement. Sadly, I cancelled my 7 Plus preorder but I still have a 6s Plus for my iOS itch. I'll be lurking over here to keep an eye on the 7 Plus as I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually. Congrats to those of you that have yours, it is a great device.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The Note 7 really made an impression on me so much that as soon as my AT&T store had the "new" Note 7's I ran to the store today and got a replacement. Sadly, I cancelled my 7 Plus preorder but I still have a 6s Plus for my iOS itch. I'll be lurking over here to keep an eye on the 7 Plus as I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually. Congrats to those of you that have yours, it is a great device.

Enjoy your new Note 7!!

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

How does Apple maps compare to Google maps? It seems Google is trying to jam too much info about everything else on their mobile version that it becomes difficult just to narrow it down to what you want to look at. That aside, have no issues with most iterations of Samsung touchwiz. Though would think the overlay takes more power or juice than just a single streamlined op system. If anything, Samsung needs to work on their Tizen op system for the future. Have something truly proprietary.

Pondering on my delivery date debacle, I can't help but think that one way for Samsung to increase their profit, since its obviously not going to be with the quality of their product, might be customer service and speed/accuracy of delivery dates, lol.

Because that's one area where Apple is completely incompetent.

Know you have had your issues with Samsung(Note 4 I think?) & the obvious media circus Note 7 battery. Though seems some of the cases the media is hammering out headlines for lately are not the fault of the Note 7 device or battery.
Point is, thinking a good majority of both Samsung & Apple devices can last with some care & definitely some luck. Neither company would have the market share they do if they were peddling junk annually.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Know you have had your issues with Samsung(Note 4 I think?) & the obvious media circus Note 7 battery. Though seems some of the cases the media is hammering out headlines for lately are not the fault of the Note 7 device or battery.
Point is, thinking a good majority of both Samsung & Apple devices can last with some care & definitely some luck. Neither company would have the market share they do if they were peddling junk annually.

Ultimately Apple's software is best for my sub par tech capabilities, lol: I can tell you just about anything you'll need to know about kinesiology and sports nutrition but put anything computerized in my hands and my IQ goes into the negative digits.

I cannot do Samsung I have tried and learned the hard way. If I ever go back to Android it will be with Nexus.
And the only reason to make me do that is unquestionably Apple's marketing nonsense and delivery failures.

A company with as much power and resources as Apple ought to do better.

msalmank

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a free agent again after having returned my Note 7 during the recall. I LOVED that phone, but after using the iPhone 6s+ for a year I noticed how a lot of apps I used have MUCH better versions for the iPhone than their Android counterparts (namely Fitbit, MyFitnesspal, Weather Channel, and Storm). Since I use those apps several times a day, it may be worth sticking with iPhone even though I'm more or less underwhelmed with the iPhone 7 announcement (the camera looks rad, though).

On the Note, I enjoyed having the S Pen (hella easy to write down notes and numbers during phone calls), the split screen functionality, the amazing screen, the great camera, all of the extra features of Android/Touchwiz, and I like the form factor a bit more since it's less tall than the iPhone + models.

I'm also planning on getting a new iPad soon, so I'll still have access to most of the app versions I like (except Fitbit), so there's that to consider too.

Decisions are hard, man.

Decisions are certainly hard...!

Having lost my iPhone 6S Plus in a mugging (the guy knew enough about iOS to have me reset the phone at gunpoint so that I couldn't use Find my Phone afterwards), I switched to the Nexus 6 which I found for $190 approx. in anticipation of iPhone 7. But the more I used the Nexus 6, the more I got attracted to Android again.

I've always been a free agent, switching from one platform to another, but after having had a somewhat bad experience with the S6 Edge (laggy performance, random crashes, etc.) I had decided not to return to Android, at-least not anytime soon. The Nexus 6 made me love it again.

And then the iPhone 7 was announced and though I loved it, i found myself purchasing a Galaxy S7 Edge instead. I wished that I could get a Note 7 but held off for different reasons. So far I'm loving the experience, and performance isn't compromised on this device. But that said, I can certainly attest to the fact that certain applications are just built better for the iPhone than Android. Ironically some of the Google Apps seem to work better/consistently on iOS than Android. That's the case with even Microsoft's apps (iOS vs. Windows Phone).

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
How does Apple maps compare to Google maps? It seems Google is trying to jam too much info about everything else on their mobile version that it becomes difficult just to narrow it down to what you want to look at. That aside, have no issues with most iterations of Samsung touchwiz. Though would think the overlay takes more power or juice than just a single streamlined op system. If anything, Samsung needs to work on their Tizen op system for the future. Have something truly proprietary.

As far as maps, I have apple, google and Waze on my phone. I use apple maps for scheduling appointments I have to leave for since it syncs up with my calendar. I use google maps to look up phone numbers and restaurants etc. Waze I use for navigation because it always finds the fastest route, avoids construction and road closures and it conveniently tells you when law enforcement are in the area. Kind of cumbersome but I have a system. If Waze synced with my calendar and was easy to search as google is for local businesses I'd never use another maps app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods