Note 7 refugees

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
How can I be a refugee if I can't even get phone?
Called our big Verizon corporate store and they say there are 4 Apple heads already waiting outside for them to open at 8:00AM tomorrow.
How can anyone get this excited for a phone that is only marginally better then last years model?
Maybe it's the new black colors or better speakers?

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
How can I be a refugee if I can't even get phone?
Called our big Verizon corporate store and they say there are 4 Apple heads already waiting outside for them to open at 8:00AM tomorrow.
How can anyone get this excited for a phone that is only marginally better then last years model?
Maybe it's the new black colors or better speakers?

For me it is the black color, water resistance, and speakers. It also has updated internals with the new A10 and 3GB of ram. Iphone's from my experience run really well with half the specs of Android flagships. Having that extra ram and updated quad-core processor makes me think this one will run really well.

I also haven't had an Iphone since the 6 Plus so this will be more than a marginal upgrade for me.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For me it is the black color, water resistance, and speakers. It also has updated internals with the new A10 and 3GB of ram. Iphone's from my experience run really well with half the specs of Android flagships. Having that extra ram and updated quad-core processor makes me think this one will run really well.

I also haven't had an Iphone since the 6 Plus so this will be more than a marginal upgrade for me.

Yep, I'm upgrading from the 6 Plus as well so in guessing it's going to feels like going from doormat to turbo powered flying carpet, lol.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I'm upgrading from the 6 Plus as well so in guessing it's going to feels like going from doormat to turbo powered flying carpet, lol.

Best comment ever.

I picked up a 128 GB 6S+ on Sunday from Big Red to replace my Note 7, have decided to "fight" for the turbo powered flying carpet tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The camera is very intriguing. Looking at the reviews so far I don't think it is any better than the Note 7 nor do I think it is noticeably worse. If the new Note 7s were readily available or at least guaranteed by the end of the month I'd have probably stuck with the Note 7 and kept my 6s plus for another year. Now that I've effectively ruled out a return to the Note 7 I'm excited about the camera as stated above and also the A10 processor, battery improvements, and black. Not a huge upgrade but a nice one nonetheless.

I'm kind of glad my order isn't shipping till 10/7-10/14 though. Gives me a little bit of time to change my mind 😉
I was referring to the 2x optical zoom.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
takes a step back because of the lack of headphone jack.

How is this a step back when they give you ear buds that work and a dongle? You know they did the same thing with TVs several years ago to get them super thin. Same thing we the world switched from vinyl, 8 track, cassette, CD, Laser Disc, DVD, BluRay, digital technology moves forward and 3 years from now the traditional headphone jack will be dead.

The only thing Apple is doing that sucks is their port will be different than whatever that new standard port will be. And lets not even start talking about what the digital music wars looked like when they started...so many different formats that had no cross compatibility.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6S plus coming from T-mobile as a loaner. Still using the Note 7, actually typing this on it, but I figured this is a great way to test drive IOS without having to deal with a restocking charge.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
How is this a step back when they give you ear buds that work and a dongle? You know they did the same thing with TVs several years ago to get them super thin. Same thing we the world switched from vinyl, 8 track, cassette, CD, Laser Disc, DVD, BluRay, digital technology moves forward and 3 years from now the traditional headphone jack will be dead.

The only thing Apple is doing that sucks is their port will be different than whatever that new standard port will be. And lets not even start talking about what the digital music wars looked like when they started...so many different formats that had no cross compatibility.
If you were the least bit informed on the topic you'd know that this is nothing like those examples you provided. Even your music example is false. Format was all the same. Issue was around ownership and copyright. Now back on topic.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 nearly two weeks ago. It was the best Android phone I've owned. I will probably buy another once it's fixed.
I usually have two flagships on hand at all times since I have two cell numbers on different carriers (AT&T / Verizon).
Now if Apple comes out with a dual sim tray things could get interesting.
I know the S7E and Note7 can be made to accept dual sims (and even use the msd card at the same time if you're handy) but it isn't officially supported. And one slip up can wreck the sim tray resulting in an expensive repair possibly compromising water resistance.

I like the smoothness of the 7+ and the killer display on the Note 7 (and the s-pen!). Combine those two and imagine having a network like project Fi that uses AT&T and Verizon combined! :D

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Had a hiccup this morning when I went to swap my 5 day old 6S Plus for the 7. Was told I can only trade it for the Note 7, apparently my iPhone is considered a loaner. I'll be going home to Android next week when they get the Note 7's in. Thanks for letting me visit!

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 nearly two weeks ago. It was the best Android phone I've owned. I will probably buy another once it's fixed.
I usually have two flagships on hand at all times since I have two cell numbers on different carriers (AT&T / Verizon).
Now if Apple comes out with a dual sim tray things could get interesting.
I know the S7E and Note7 can be made to accept dual sims (and even use the msd card at the same time if you're handy) but it isn't officially supported. And one slip up can wreck the sim tray resulting in an expensive repair possibly compromising water resistance.

I like the smoothness of the 7+ and the killer display on the Note 7 (and the s-pen!). Combine those two and imagine having a network like project Fi that uses AT&T and Verizon combined! :D

LOL! That's a absolute pipe dream and probably will never happen, but I like your thinking.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Short term refugee here. Traded in my iphone 6s Plus on my very first Android - the Note 7...I loved that thing - smaller and lighter than my iP6s+, bigger brighter screen, S-Pen! And then fire-gate. Oh well, maybe it's just Steve from beyond the grave flipping me off for daring to leave the walled garden - so I took it back and now get to wait until at least 10/5 for my 7 Plus 256gb Black - stuck with an iPhone 5 with 16gb - talk about punishment!!!!!!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Short term refugee here. Traded in my iphone 6s Plus on my very first Android - the Note 7...I loved that thing - smaller and lighter than my iP6s+, bigger brighter screen, S-Pen! And then fire-gate. Oh well, maybe it's just Steve from beyond the grave flipping me off for daring to leave the walled garden - so I took it back and now get to wait until at least 10/5 for my 7 Plus 256gb Black - stuck with an iPhone 5 with 16gb - talk about punishment!!!!!!

Can't Steve from beyond decide to switch all of your toilet paper to industrial sized cheese graters if he really wants to punish you?
Because what you're facing is cruel and unusual punishment, lolol.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Ouch. I didn't even get the shaft that hard. If Verizon refuses to take my 6S Plus 128 GB back next Wednesday I don't think I'd be as bad odd as an iPhone 5

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't Steve from beyond decide to switch all of your toilet paper to industrial sized cheese graters if he really wants to punish you?
Because what you're facing is cruel and unusual punishment, lolol.

INVOICE NOTICE:

Item Damaged: One computer monitor
Responsible Party: Evilguppy
Description of Damage: Iced tea spray

tinybfk

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 on Monday. I loved the size and screen plus the S-pen was great. My battery life was phenomenal with 6-7 hours of SOT per charge. But I didn't want to deal with the recall wait times that were still unknown then. Plus a lot of apps still don't utilize the fingerprint sensor and some apps felt left behind compared to their iOS counterparts. I went on Best Buy's website today and ordered a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus in black just after 10am. A few hours later I received a shipping confirmation. I will have my new iPhone middle of next week.

I really wanted to give android another chance after switching back and forth for years but the Note 7 debacle let me down. A lot of people kept saying not to worry about the recall and wait it out but I have a 5 year old that uses my phone at times and I don't know what I'd do had it burned up while he was using it, just wasn't worth the risk to me. The note 7 was hands down the best android device I've used. I especially liked the form factor and size. It had a bigger screen but was a smaller device than the 7 plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods