Note 7 refugees

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a free agent again after having returned my Note 7 during the recall. I LOVED that phone, but after using the iPhone 6s+ for a year I noticed how a lot of apps I used have MUCH better versions for the iPhone than their Android counterparts (namely Fitbit, MyFitnesspal, Weather Channel, and Storm). Since I use those apps several times a day, it may be worth sticking with iPhone even though I'm more or less underwhelmed with the iPhone 7 announcement (the camera looks rad, though).

On the Note, I enjoyed having the S Pen (hella easy to write down notes and numbers during phone calls), the split screen functionality, the amazing screen, the great camera, all of the extra features of Android/Touchwiz, and I like the form factor a bit more since it's less tall than the iPhone + models.

I'm also planning on getting a new iPad soon, so I'll still have access to most of the app versions I like (except Fitbit), so there's that to consider too.

Decisions are hard, man.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
GENERALLY speak often the iPhone version is better but there are a few exceptions.. For the most part most apps offer pretty much an equivalent experience on both platforms, BUT when one is better than the other its usually the iPhone version that's better. ;) The iPhone 7 looks like a SWEET phone especially if you like taking photos!

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 7 as well, and have recognized a few people from the Android Central Note 7 forum on here. I really liked the Note 7 also. Other than the much discussed stutter/lag issues I never had a problem with it.

I love the design of the Note 7, and it's one of the reasons why I want the Iphone 7 plus in jet black, it sort of reminds me of it. The Iphone 7 surprised me and has a lot more improvements than I expected. I'm not that bothered by the missing headphone jack, since I'm used to listening via bluetooth now. I'm glad they're including the adapter.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 7 as well, and have recognized a few people from the Android Central Note 7 forum on here. I really liked the Note 7 also. Other than the much discussed stutter/lag issues I never had a problem with it.

I love the design of the Note 7, and it's one of the reasons why I want the Iphone 7 plus in jet black, it sort of reminds me of it. The Iphone 7 surprised me and has a lot more improvements than I expected. I'm not that bothered by the missing headphone jack, since I'm used to listening via bluetooth now. I'm glad they're including the adapter.

I am also getting the iphone 7 plus in jet black I also advised those folks that had note 7 in black to just switch over. Of course I was attacked by the Samsung Knights but I held my ground and made some great rebuttles we all are still friends lol.

Robert siulapwa

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Note 7 is great phone no doubt... But the 7 plus... It's new improvements certainly couldn't be preempted by many of us... Not even the rumors do it justice. The dual cameras, that was just jaw dropping
the speakers coming through stereo first time ever on iPhone... The quardcore like processing.
#Innovation unmatched

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Note 7 is great phone no doubt... But the 7 plus... It's new improvements certainly couldn't be preempted by many of us... Not even the rumors do it justice. The dual cameras, that was just jaw dropping
the speakers coming through stereo first time ever on iPhone... The quardcore like processing.
#Innovation unmatched

I agree. I did enjoy my note 7 for sure. I sent it back just before the recall happened due to scratching and lag. But other than that the device was amazing. I switched back to the 6s plus and was unsure whether is would get the 7 plus. But after seeing the announcement I was sold.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 as well. I really loved the size and overall design. Mine was a little laggy, but mine got really hot while plugged in a couple times.

I just ordered the 7 plus in black. I almost went jet black, but I'm afraid it looks like a fingerprint magnet. I'm most excited about the new camera.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Took my Note 7 back yesterday and I'm going to give the I7P a shoot. Was never an Spen user anyway. I just wanted a black Flagship phone. :) I'll at least keep the I7P until next summer and see where I'll move to then. I'm a Windows Phone guy, so since I can't be there I'm pretty free to try everything else.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Took my Note 7 back yesterday and I'm going to give the I7P a shoot. Was never an Spen user anyway. I just wanted a black Flagship phone. :) I'll at least keep the I7P until next summer and see where I'll move to then. I'm a Windows Phone guy, so since I can't be there I'm pretty free to try everything else.

The s-pen was my favorite thing about the note. It's really the only feature I miss.

RandomGuy Yo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep returned that device and pre ordered a iPhone 7 Plus today, the note is a nice phone but really needs a software update and obviously new battery.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had a hard time deciding but yesterday I returned my Note 7 and then at 3a preordered the I7P. Now the wait will seem forever but I have a junker phone to use until then.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I keep going back and forth as I absolutely love the Note 7. As of right now it is in the box and I plan on taking it back to the AT&T store today for a full refund. Overall I have not had a single issue with the device and as far as I can tell have not experienced any of the lag issues that I've seen others speak of. Even though my phone may be perfectly fine the few reports I've seen of Notes with the problematic batteries is enough to make me return it and not put myself or my family at risk.

Going to order the 7 Plus today and use my 6s plus and Nexus 6p while waiting for it. I'll give the 7 Plus a 14 day run and if I feel I still miss the Note 7 and the new Note 7's are available at that time, I will return the 7 Plus. If it wasn't for that damn S-pen it would be a much easier decision. Once you start using the S-Pen it is really difficult to go back to a phone that doesn't have one.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, all. This is the first time where two phones I really like are out at the same time and I have to make a decision like this! In the past it's been easy. I'm just glad I still have a 6s+ while I decide. If I had a phone that I desperately needed to upgrade I feel like I'd have more of a rash decision to make.

jjayr41

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I am on the same boat, returned my N7 yesterday and just pre-ordered the 7+. Will give iphone another try under the 14 day exchange policy and will make another decision if I want to go back to the note/android. I was an OG iPhone user up until iPhone 3 before I decided to go try Android. I do have a 6p to keep me updated with Android. Man I do miss the notes hardware/screen/s-pen and MST payments..MST rocks!

Adranalyne

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I had absolutely no plans on getting an iPhone 7 this year----reports had it being a minor upgrade over the 6S at best. While that's more or less true, circumstances change. Had a great experience with the Note 7, but I also use Android Auto and having that thing plugged into my console and between my legs on a car ride screams "accident waiting to happen" to me. So being in line for a new phone, and using a 6S Plus in the interim, I caught the keynote the other day and noticed they changed the home button (which breaks and becomes a giant issue over time), made it IP67, and offer it in black/jet black. Sans my Note 7, this was an easy decision. 256GB iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black (the unicorn of these phones, apparently) is on it's way by the 16th.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I keep going back and forth as I absolutely love the Note 7. As of right now it is in the box and I plan on taking it back to the AT&T store today for a full refund. Overall I have not had a single issue with the device and as far as I can tell have not experienced any of the lag issues that I've seen others speak of. Even though my phone may be perfectly fine the few reports I've seen of Notes with the problematic batteries is enough to make me return it and not put myself or my family at risk.

Going to order the 7 Plus today and use my 6s plus and Nexus 6p while waiting for it. I'll give the 7 Plus a 14 day run and if I feel I still miss the Note 7 and the new Note 7's are available at that time, I will return the 7 Plus. If it wasn't for that damn S-pen it would be a much easier decision. Once you start using the S-Pen it is really difficult to go back to a phone that doesn't have one.

I did have a hard time taking it back. I had to move back to my V10, wipe the N7, put it in the box and just stop using it or I would probably still have it. It's a damn nice phone, but I just needed my sanity back. It was like being in a bad relationship. Just waiting for the next fight to happen.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Did you return the Note 7, and now all ready for the iPhone 7?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR