I'm a free agent...on a 6S+. As soon as the Note 7 thing got dramatic I was like no more. Took it back to Verizon and am going to go tomorrow morning fingers crossed that they have a 7 Plus to take home.

I know they said 3rd party carriers will "possibly" have stock as the Apple stores will not, but I'm hoping.
    09-15-2016 10:05 AM
    I really liked my Iphone 6 plus, one of my favorite phones. It was my primary phone until the Nexus 6P came out. I just sold it a few months ago. I like the design of the Iphone 6 plus, so the minor cosmetic changes on the 7 didn't bother me. Having said that, I liked the design on the Note 7 even better.
    09-15-2016 10:16 AM
    For me, I am mainly interested in the camera. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to upgrade from the 6s Plus
    Water resistant was another perk that warrants the upgrade for me. I've been caught in the rain way too many times. Luckily a few of those times I knew the chance of rain was great so I brought along a sandwich bag to put my phone in if need be. Other times the downpours seemed to come out of nowhere!

I really liked my Iphone 6 plus, one of my favorite phones. It was my primary phone until the Nexus 6P came out. I just sold it a few months ago. I like the design of the Iphone 6 plus, so the minor cosmetic changes on the 7 didn't bother me. Having said that, I liked the design on the Note 7 even better.
    The Note 7, in the words of Lorraine Baines, is an absolute dream. I especially liked how the Coral Blue looked in twilight. It almost looked blurple. I love how they got a curved 5.7" screen in a smaller housing than the iPhone 6/6s/7 Plus. The curved screen is also cosmetically stunning, but unfortunately I think it's a week area for impact, judging my how many cracked screens people got after very small drops.
    09-15-2016 10:24 AM
    Note 7 refugee here as well. My wife and I both had them. Also had Note 5, Note 4, S4, Galaxy Nexus and Moto Droid before that. We decided to just take the Note 7s back and give iOS a try so I preordered us both iPhone 7 Plus 128gb's last week that will be here tomorrow. Right now we're both using older iPhones we borrowed from friends. There's a lot that I miss about Android but I've been using it for so long I'm enjoying using something different for awhile. We do have an iPad but honestly it's a glorified baby monitor right now so I haven't gotten really into using iOS as a daily driver.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-2016 10:53 AM
    Note 7 refugee here as well. My wife and I both had them. Also had Note 5, Note 4, S4, Galaxy Nexus and Moto Droid before that. We decided to just take the Note 7s back and give iOS a try so I preordered us both iPhone 7 Plus 128gb's last week that will be here tomorrow. Right now we're both using older iPhones we borrowed from friends. There's a lot that I miss about Android but I've been using it for so long I'm enjoying using something different for awhile. We do have an iPad but honestly it's a glorified baby monitor right now so I haven't gotten really into using iOS as a daily driver.
    Same. I've been getting a lot of guff for going to Apple, but I've been on Android so long, and it's been two years since my last iPhone that it's a newer experience and I switched back just in time for iOS 10, so I've been busy exploring that. Haven't been on iOS since 7.something, so I'm okay trying Apple again.
    09-15-2016 11:00 AM
    I'm charging my Note 7 now............Just saying.
    chazglenn3 likes this.
    09-15-2016 11:03 AM
    You're a horrible human being.
    felloffthetruck and Hoggles like this.
    09-15-2016 11:05 AM
    You're a horrible human being.
    Bwaaahahahahaaa!!!
    09-15-2016 11:07 AM
    For me, I am mainly interested in the camera. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to upgrade from the 6s Plus
    The camera is very intriguing. Looking at the reviews so far I don't think it is any better than the Note 7 nor do I think it is noticeably worse. If the new Note 7s were readily available or at least guaranteed by the end of the month I'd have probably stuck with the Note 7 and kept my 6s plus for another year. Now that I've effectively ruled out a return to the Note 7 I'm excited about the camera as stated above and also the A10 processor, battery improvements, and black. Not a huge upgrade but a nice one nonetheless.

I'm kind of glad my order isn't shipping till 10/7-10/14 though. Gives me a little bit of time to change my mind 😉
    09-15-2016 12:25 PM
    iPhone 7 Plus is super underwhelming since I already have a 6s Plus, and in fact takes a step back because of the lack of headphone jack. I also have a Note 7 waiting to be replaced in about 1-2 weeks hopefully. I may keep my Note 7 this time around and stay in the Android camp until the next iPhone, assuming a better solution is offered for audio than the current hack job.
    I left the iPhone world when the Evo 4G came out in 2010. I have been toying with the idea of trying iOS and the iPhone again, but I also think it would be wise to wait until next year as I believe Apple will have something very special planned for the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.
    09-15-2016 01:07 PM
    How can I be a refugee if I can't even get phone?
    Called our big Verizon corporate store and they say there are 4 Apple heads already waiting outside for them to open at 8:00AM tomorrow.
    How can anyone get this excited for a phone that is only marginally better then last years model?
    Maybe it's the new black colors or better speakers?
    09-15-2016 01:19 PM
    How can I be a refugee if I can't even get phone?
    Called our big Verizon corporate store and they say there are 4 Apple heads already waiting outside for them to open at 8:00AM tomorrow.
    How can anyone get this excited for a phone that is only marginally better then last years model?
    Maybe it's the new black colors or better speakers?
    For me it is the black color, water resistance, and speakers. It also has updated internals with the new A10 and 3GB of ram. Iphone's from my experience run really well with half the specs of Android flagships. Having that extra ram and updated quad-core processor makes me think this one will run really well.

I also haven't had an Iphone since the 6 Plus so this will be more than a marginal upgrade for me.
    09-15-2016 01:46 PM
    For me it is the black color, water resistance, and speakers. It also has updated internals with the new A10 and 3GB of ram. Iphone's from my experience run really well with half the specs of Android flagships. Having that extra ram and updated quad-core processor makes me think this one will run really well.

I also haven't had an Iphone since the 6 Plus so this will be more than a marginal upgrade for me.
    Yep, I'm upgrading from the 6 Plus as well so in guessing it's going to feels like going from doormat to turbo powered flying carpet, lol.
    felloffthetruck and qnet like this.
    09-15-2016 01:51 PM
    I had the 6S Plus and have been on Android ever since.
    If this Note 7 wasn't such a huge mess I would probably stick with it.
    09-15-2016 01:59 PM
    Yep, I'm upgrading from the 6 Plus as well so in guessing it's going to feels like going from doormat to turbo powered flying carpet, lol.
    Best comment ever.

I picked up a 128 GB 6S+ on Sunday from Big Red to replace my Note 7, have decided to "fight" for the turbo powered flying carpet tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
    Evilguppy and felloffthetruck like this.
    09-15-2016 02:25 PM
    The camera is very intriguing. Looking at the reviews so far I don't think it is any better than the Note 7 nor do I think it is noticeably worse. If the new Note 7s were readily available or at least guaranteed by the end of the month I'd have probably stuck with the Note 7 and kept my 6s plus for another year. Now that I've effectively ruled out a return to the Note 7 I'm excited about the camera as stated above and also the A10 processor, battery improvements, and black. Not a huge upgrade but a nice one nonetheless.

I'm kind of glad my order isn't shipping till 10/7-10/14 though. Gives me a little bit of time to change my mind 😉
    I was referring to the 2x optical zoom.
    09-15-2016 05:34 PM
    There's more to an upgrade than just how it looks.
    09-15-2016 06:04 PM
    takes a step back because of the lack of headphone jack.
    How is this a step back when they give you ear buds that work and a dongle? You know they did the same thing with TVs several years ago to get them super thin. Same thing we the world switched from vinyl, 8 track, cassette, CD, Laser Disc, DVD, BluRay, digital technology moves forward and 3 years from now the traditional headphone jack will be dead.

The only thing Apple is doing that sucks is their port will be different than whatever that new standard port will be. And lets not even start talking about what the digital music wars looked like when they started...so many different formats that had no cross compatibility.
    09-15-2016 06:40 PM
    I have a 6S plus coming from T-mobile as a loaner. Still using the Note 7, actually typing this on it, but I figured this is a great way to test drive IOS without having to deal with a restocking charge.
    09-15-2016 06:54 PM
    How is this a step back when they give you ear buds that work and a dongle? You know they did the same thing with TVs several years ago to get them super thin. Same thing we the world switched from vinyl, 8 track, cassette, CD, Laser Disc, DVD, BluRay, digital technology moves forward and 3 years from now the traditional headphone jack will be dead.

The only thing Apple is doing that sucks is their port will be different than whatever that new standard port will be. And lets not even start talking about what the digital music wars looked like when they started...so many different formats that had no cross compatibility.
    If you were the least bit informed on the topic you'd know that this is nothing like those examples you provided. Even your music example is false. Format was all the same. Issue was around ownership and copyright. Now back on topic.
    09-16-2016 03:44 AM
    And yet you did not answer the question "How is this a step back when they give you ear buds that work and a dongle?"
    09-16-2016 05:59 AM
    I returned my Note 7 nearly two weeks ago. It was the best Android phone I've owned. I will probably buy another once it's fixed.
    I usually have two flagships on hand at all times since I have two cell numbers on different carriers (AT&T / Verizon).
    Now if Apple comes out with a dual sim tray things could get interesting.
    I know the S7E and Note7 can be made to accept dual sims (and even use the msd card at the same time if you're handy) but it isn't officially supported. And one slip up can wreck the sim tray resulting in an expensive repair possibly compromising water resistance.

I like the smoothness of the 7+ and the killer display on the Note 7 (and the s-pen!). Combine those two and imagine having a network like project Fi that uses AT&T and Verizon combined!
    qnet and dstrauss like this.
    09-16-2016 06:34 AM
    Had a hiccup this morning when I went to swap my 5 day old 6S Plus for the 7. Was told I can only trade it for the Note 7, apparently my iPhone is considered a loaner. I'll be going home to Android next week when they get the Note 7's in. Thanks for letting me visit!
    09-16-2016 10:58 AM
    I returned my Note 7 nearly two weeks ago. It was the best Android phone I've owned. I will probably buy another once it's fixed.
    I usually have two flagships on hand at all times since I have two cell numbers on different carriers (AT&T / Verizon).
    Now if Apple comes out with a dual sim tray things could get interesting.
    I know the S7E and Note7 can be made to accept dual sims (and even use the msd card at the same time if you're handy) but it isn't officially supported. And one slip up can wreck the sim tray resulting in an expensive repair possibly compromising water resistance.

I like the smoothness of the 7+ and the killer display on the Note 7 (and the s-pen!). Combine those two and imagine having a network like project Fi that uses AT&T and Verizon combined!
    LOL! That's a absolute pipe dream and probably will never happen, but I like your thinking.
    C6TX6 likes this.
    09-16-2016 12:53 PM
    Short term refugee here. Traded in my iphone 6s Plus on my very first Android - the Note 7...I loved that thing - smaller and lighter than my iP6s+, bigger brighter screen, S-Pen! And then fire-gate. Oh well, maybe it's just Steve from beyond the grave flipping me off for daring to leave the walled garden - so I took it back and now get to wait until at least 10/5 for my 7 Plus 256gb Black - stuck with an iPhone 5 with 16gb - talk about punishment!!!!!!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-16-2016 01:56 PM
123 12345