Pre-Order with AT&T

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I also should've mentioned all three are seven plus

This answers one of my earlier questions. They may need to verify their stock levels before changing your status. I'm still curious about the Preparing for shipment status, since I have it but my device isn't scheduled to ship until 10/14-10/21.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I am "in process" with a delivery of 10/7-10/14. They are preparing for shipment but 10/14-10/21. Makes no sense.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I am "in process" with a delivery of 10/7-10/14. They are preparing for shipment but 10/14-10/21. Makes no sense.

My order status shows as Preparing to ship when I click on it, after signing into myAT&T. If I'm simply viewing the message listed under Alerts, it shows Your order is in progress.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does everyone's status show as Preparing for shipment, and did AT&T authorize your cards for the tax amount?

I got a 7 (not Plus) on the Apple site, through my AT&T Account. Even though on the Apple Order Page it shows Preparing for Shipment | Delivers Sep 16 by Standard Shipping, on the MY UPS page, I see it's scheduled for Friday the 16th and the UPS Tracking Number is listed. Mine is currently in China, leaving today through Worldwide Express. So we're seeing movement on the AT&T side via Apple.

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So i just received a text from AT&T that states:

"AT&T Free Msg: The insurance requested to cover your new device is not yet active. To complete your enrollment, locate and insert the SIM card that shipped with your device and visit att.com/activations to finish the setup process. Otherwise, your insurance request will be canceled 52 days from the request date. Thanks for choosing AT&T."

Did anyone else receive this? I ordered 2 128G Black 7+'s and received a estimated shipping date of 9/23-9/30.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So i just received a text from AT&T that states:

"AT&T Free Msg: The insurance requested to cover your new device is not yet active. To complete your enrollment, locate and insert the SIM card that shipped with your device and visit att.com/activations to finish the setup process. Otherwise, your insurance request will be canceled 52 days from the request date. Thanks for choosing AT&T."

Did anyone else receive this? I ordered 2 128G Black 7+'s and received a estimated shipping date of 9/23-9/30.

That may be great news for you! I preordered 128GB Gold and Jet Black models, the Gold is supposed to ship 9/23-9/30 and the Jet Black is supposed to ship 10/14-10/21. I have tax authorization pending for both them, and they're listed as Preparing to ship. What are your thoughts?

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
That may be great news for you! I preordered 128GB Gold and Jet Black models, the Gold is supposed to ship 9/23-9/30 and the Jet Black is supposed to ship 10/14-10/21. I have tax authorization pending for both them, and they're listed as Preparing to ship. What are your thoughts?

I hope so! I think that the "Preparing to Ship" status is a good one! Hopefully meaning that they come sooner than expected. Reason i say that is i have seen others that pre-ordered through AT&T have a status of "Processing". Fingers crossed!!!

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I hope so! I think that the "Preparing to Ship" status is a good one! Hopefully meaning that they come sooner than expected. Reason i say that is i have seen others that pre-ordered through AT&T have a status of "Processing". Fingers crossed!!!

I'll be thankful if my wife receives hers this Friday (the gold one). I don't mind waiting a little for mine.

bguttery

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 7+ 128gb Rose Gold just shipped via FedEx. Preordered through AT&T within 10 minutes of opening up. Still haven't received a notification for my 7+ 128gb Black that had a ship date of 9/23-9/30.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 7+ 128gb Rose Gold just shipped via FedEx. Preordered through AT&T within 10 minutes of opening up. Still haven't received a notification for my 7+ 128gb Black that had a ship date of 9/23-9/30.

Was the delivery timeframe for the rose gold model by 9/16?

kinglxnce

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
That's great! And also that's good news for me I preordered same color and size through att,fingers crossed.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 7 shipped with a delivery date of the 16th (original delivery timeframe). Nothing yet on my 7plus with a ship window of Sept 22-29.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind where you're looking. On Apple (for AT&T) for my iPhone 7 (not Plus) it shows Preparing for Shipment | Delivers Sep 16 by Standard Shipping

However on the UPS site I have my tracking number, and in the last 2-days my phone has traveled (with tons others) from China, to Alaska, to Kentucky... and still shows 9/16 delivery here in WA State. AT&T and Apple may not have updated yet.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind where you're looking. On Apple (for AT&T) for my iPhone 7 (not Plus) it shows Preparing for Shipment | Delivers Sep 16 by Standard Shipping

However on the UPS site I have my tracking number, and in the last 2-days my phone has traveled (with tons others) from China, to Alaska, to Kentucky... and still shows 9/16 delivery here in WA State. AT&T and Apple may not have updated yet.

I preordered through AT&T, they ship via FedEx.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I preordered through AT&T, they ship via FedEx.

Another reason I do my AT&T order through Apple to make sure I get UPS. Better ability to track, and often a chance to pay $8 to change the delivery window. UPS has better user software / interface IMHO. However FedEx won't be as busy on Friday with iPhone deliveries, so better chance of on-time, faster deliveries. But a 2nd However... I find that in the past AT&T has messed up and delayed my order, where Apple has not, so I always use Apple with the AT&T upgrade if at all possible.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Another reason I do my AT&T order through Apple to make sure I get UPS. Better ability to track, and often a chance to pay $8 to change the delivery window. UPS has better user software / interface IMHO. However FedEx won't be as busy on Friday with iPhone deliveries, so better chance of on-time, faster deliveries. But a 2nd However... I find that in the past AT&T has messed up and delayed my order, where Apple has not, so I always use Apple with the AT&T upgrade if at all possible.

I've learned my lesson!

@Steven I wonder if they use different couriers in different areas?

Peter Rokkos

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone with a September 23 - 30 ship date originally promised seen any movement yet? Mine has shown Preparing to Ship for days. Had hoped that maybe they were being conservative but now assuming that if I had any shot of getting it on release date Sept 16, it would already have indicated shipped.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice