Does the iPhone 7 support fast charge?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Yea using the iPad charger does charger quicker. But over time I believe it does damage the battery. I used a ipad block and another after market charger that charged at a high rate. My iPhone 6 after a year had started to have battery problems. Turning itself off at 30% then saying the battery was dead.

Yes, I'll stick with the little 5W cube charger that came with the phone.
I started using the iPad charger on my new 7 plus but changed my mind after a couple of charges. :p

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
It's been widely discussed (blogs, podcasts, etc.) that fast charging accelerates battery wear. That's ultimately my concern. My 6s Plus has great battery life and I don't mind the time it takes to charge. There's a give and a take, and I prefer slower battery wear over a quicker charge.

I owned the Note 5 about 10 months. Can't remember which app it was but it suggested that my capacity had degraded to about 88% IIRC from new. It was routinely put on wireless charger a couple of times per day and put it on wired charging just before bedtime. I've owned the Plus a few weeks now and have not had to charge the thing once during the day.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any charge time difference in using the standard "cube" over an iPad charger, etc.. Only faster charge I have actually seen is putting the phone in Airplane Mode, which seems to charge about 20-30% faster. Of course if you want to receive calls, that won't work.

Papek_SVK

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I have fast charging on my Lumia 950 and it's very practical. Whenever I need, I plug it on charger and I will get extra half-day usage within 20 minutes. I got new iPhone 7 on last Friday and I'm missing this function so much. So I will get iPad charger asap. I think this it's worth for slightly decreased battery life. If there's any at all.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I do miss fast charging. I like the idea of going to work and using my phone and not worry and have it almost dead. Then charge it on the ride home and that 30 min ride is enough to give me more then half my battery charger.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have not noticed any charge time difference in using the standard "cube" over an iPad charger, etc.. Only faster charge I have actually seen is putting the phone in Airplane Mode, which seems to charge about 20-30% faster. Of course if you want to receive calls, that won't work.
That's weird. I noticed significantly faster, close to double the charging rate of the stock charger when at lower battery percentage. When at higher percentage, charging rate slows. So the difference isn't that much

tom domagalski

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
That reminds me, when I had a BlackBerry 9900, if I charge it slowly using the USB cable connected to my computer I could swear the battery life is lasting longer than if I were to charge it fast via the charger. Maybe it's all in my head but I felt that the slower you charge, the better the battery life is. Maybe I'm wrong

Lasting longer charged on USB? That can't possibly be true

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods