What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with UAG? I've had the Ghostek since I got my iPhone in December, but kind of itching for a change of pace, and they look cool.

The Monarch is the first UAG I've owned and I absolutely love it.... always seem to go back to it. Highly recommend.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Bought a new tub to start putting my 7+ series cases in.... and realized I'm not doing too badly so far! I only have 6 cases!

Then again... seeing this immediately sent me on Amazon because, well, 6 isn't bad at all! I could definitely afford to grab another... or maybe two... or three...

3a58756d6037a6304d843083fa12e34a.jpg

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
How do you like that Nomad leather? I see them every time I'm in Best Buy, always curious.

I bought the Nomad Leather case - the plain one without any card holders or anything at Best Buy.

The leather feels fine, not as luxurious as the genuine Apple ones, but I wouldn't say it's bad.

The power / volume buttons are a tad bit stiff and the hole for the mute switch is too small. I could only use my pinky finger to toggle it. I always keep my fingernails short and I couldn't even toggle it with my index finger, which it what I usually use.

The case cover's more of the bottom part of the phone, but there is still a gap under the home button. I couldn't get used to the look of it and because of that it only was on my phone for a couple hours. Now it sits in the packaging in the glove box of my car.

imo the Apple leather case is much nicer and there's only a $10 difference between the two.

If you're on the fence about the Nomad case, try it on in the store before you commit to buying.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Dude. It's so worth it. By far the best leather color, ever.

If I had a silver or gold phone, I would be all over that color. Looks way better than any of the other blue Apple leather cases.

I have my eye on the taupe one, would love to see it in person.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Bought a new tub to start putting my 7+ series cases in.... and realized I'm not doing too badly so far! I only have 6 cases!

Then again... seeing this immediately sent me on Amazon because, well, 6 isn't bad at all! I could definitely afford to grab another... or maybe two... or three...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170323/3a58756d6037a6304d843083fa12e34a.jpg

Be careful; that's how you end up on the boat I'm on.

Anybody have any leads on any thin NEON orange cases? I want a Peel in Neon Orange Or a Totallee Scarf in bright orange

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Nomad Leather case - the plain one without any card holders or anything at Best Buy.

The leather feels fine, not as luxurious as the genuine Apple ones, but I wouldn't say it's bad.

The power / volume buttons are a tad bit stiff and the hole for the mute switch is too small. I could only use my pinky finger to toggle it. I always keep my fingernails short and I couldn't even toggle it with my index finger, which it what I usually use.

The case cover's more of the bottom part of the phone, but there is still a gap under the home button. I couldn't get used to the look of it and because of that it only was on my phone for a couple hours. Now it sits in the packaging in the glove box of my car.

imo the Apple leather case is much nicer and there's only a $10 difference between the two.

If you're on the fence about the Nomad case, try it on in the store before you commit to buying.

Thank you! I finally caved and got a black Apple leather so I think for now I'm content with leather.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
One thing I have noticed.... with my Apple Silicone I do not have any issues with lint. Never have.

However, with this new "genuine" silicone the lint issue is very noticeable. The silicone on the case itself feels very different and it is a lint magnet. Just a heads up!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Took the Jet White scarf off for a few days, but just went back to it. Except this time I took off the Apple logo decal so its much cleaner looking.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with UAG? I've had the Ghostek since I got my iPhone in December, but kind of itching for a change of pace, and they look cool.

I have the UAG plasma ice and I also have the UAG midnight Monarch. Hands-down the monarch is amazing and my go to case over the plasma. It's very solid in the hand and gets installed and removed easily in comparison to the plasma. Both of them are amazing cases though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal