What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Used my Apple Silicone for a whole day, I can't believe how much lint/hair it picks up! Doesn't wipe off easily either. Very disappointed. Anyone else have that problem or is it just me because I have three hairy dogs?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Used my Apple Silicone for a whole day, I can't believe how much lint/hair it picks up! Doesn't wipe off easily either. Very disappointed. Anyone else have that problem or is it just me because I have three hairy dogs?

Yeah it keeps my pockets clean to say the least. It is difficult to get off, yes. 🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Is this the "Genuine Apple" silicone or the "Genuine eBay Apple" silicone? :rolleyes:

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Is this the blacked out model? Any scratches on the back yet?

Not at all. I've dropped it quite a few times and even the bumper hasn't had a mark made on it. For the 60$ I paid, in my opinion it's well worth it. I have your commuter and for a while that was my favorite cause of its sleek look, but after getting this blacked out monarch, it's my new favorite. Highly recommend getting it if you ever have the chance.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the red genuine Apple silicone and a boob of a cat that sheds on everything and a dog that does the same and haven't had any lint problems

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had silicone cases and have dogs that sheds hairs and have put my phone in my pocket but never had an issue with lint or hair being collected

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes. This exact reason I prefer the leather cases over the silicone. The silicone is a lint magnet.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

This always makes me laugh. I have two dogs and my mother has 14 cats and I never have lint problems with the silicone.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
@jlczl and @blaine07

Just got in the Element Sector case and my volume and power buttons have sharp edges that I believe would scratch the heck out of the finish on the phone. Are you sector cases like this (see pictures)? It's like the aluminum is sticking out further than the rubber pad.

buttons01.jpgbuttons02.jpg

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

Gorgeous case.

@jlczl and @blaine07

Just got in the Element Sector case and my volume and power buttons have sharp edges that I believe would scratch the heck out of the finish on the phone. Are you sector cases like this (see pictures)? It's like the aluminum is sticking out further than the rubber pad.

View attachment 117067View attachment 117068

The inside of my case looks exactly like yours. I had never noticed but there isn't any scratches on the finish on my phone by those buttons.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Gorgeous case.

The inside of my case looks exactly like yours. I had never noticed but there isn't any scratches on the finish on my phone by those buttons.

If you run your finger across them do your buttons feel sharp & scratchy on the inside of the case?