What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
And just for fun, the newest cases I ordered:

IMG_0043.JPGIMG_0047.JPG

Okay, yes, they are for the 5/5s/5 SE. I'm using a 5S as a "backup" phone, one to use when I don't want to risk or want something smaller than my 7 Plus. I also use it to run the iOS beta, allowing me to play with the new version.

The black case is one I like a lot, it has a TPU bumper and then a PC backing that fits over the bumper. The bumper covers the speakers on the bottom and routes the sound to the front, which works well. It's almost like having a Jet Black iPhone 5s. ;)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
4 generations same design? Man I dunno about that...

The rumors I've seen are that three phones will be released in the fall -- there will be a 7s and 7s Plus that have the same design as the current phone, with a few upgrades. The third phone will be the "iPhone 8" (or whatever they decide to name the 10th Anniversary phone) and will be mostly bezel-less, which will allow the phone's size to be roughly the same as the iPhone 7 but have a larger screen, that is about the same as on the iPhone 7 Plus.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The rumors I've seen are that three phones will be released in the fall -- there will be a 7s and 7s Plus that have the same design as the current phone, with a few upgrades. The third phone will be the "iPhone 8" (or whatever they decide to name the 10th Anniversary phone) and will be mostly bezel-less, which will allow the phone's size to be roughly the same as the iPhone 7 but have a larger screen, that is about the same as on the iPhone 7 Plus.

I dunno that's awfully ambitious imo. They can't supply enough to meet the demand just having two desirable versions a generation as it is. Anything is possible; I don't see it myself for numerous reasons but 🤷🏼*♂️

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I dunno that's awfully ambitious imo. They can't supply enough to meet the demand just having two desirable versions a generation as it is. Anything is possible; I don't see it myself for numerous reasons but 🤷🏼*♂️
Is it that they can't supply the demand, or the artificially inflate the demand by decreasing the supply? I never figured out if it was an economics trick or not.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Is it that they can't supply the demand, or the artificially inflate the demand by decreasing the supply? I never figured out if it was an economics trick or not.

Yeah not sure which lol. Maybe either way I figure the SE falls into this somewhere too? They'll upgrade it? So essentially four devices to keep up with if they were to do a "pro"...

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

I think the iPhone Edition will be priced excessively high to purposely limit demand and make it exclusive.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Not super impressed with the fake Apple Leather case.
9ddb86ccdd28b66999561ee41aa60a3d.jpg
ca85cf0d25c82c72a093fb9afdb566f0.jpg

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah not sure which lol. Maybe either way I figure the SE falls into this somewhere too? They'll upgrade it? So essentially four devices to keep up with if they were to do a "pro"...
I always wondered which it was. Are there rumors of an SE update?

Jaggrey

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm another one that has the UAG Monarch in all black. I'm surprised that I really like it. Once I got past the price I got sucked in.... Probably a keeper now.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

That is the current rumors, that they will have three. It does not sound, again from what rumors have come out, as if the SE will be upgraded this year -- not sure if they won't upgrade it or are just going to wait another year.

As jlczl stated, the rumor is that the "iPhone 8" will be more than $1000, which might limit its demand (at least a little). It is rumored to have an OLED screen (the other two will retain the current LCD screens), which is part of the reason it will cost so much.

From what I can tell, Apple is currently making at least six iPhones; and that doesn't count the various color, memory, and "carrier" (radio) versions. Obviously they are manufacturing the 7 and 7 Plus, and the iPhone SE. They also seem to still be building the 6 and 6 Plus, and oddly, are still manufacturing the 5s. I just purchased my 5s; it is brand new and (looking it up from the serial number) appears to have been assembled in January, 2017. Supporting the idea that it was built this year, it came with iOS 10.2 out of the box -- I upgraded it to iOS 10.2.1, and now to 10.3 beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods