What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else think the Apple Leather cases are too fragile? I've been using the black for only 2 days and I'm already seeing scuffs, dents, scratches and indentations on the back. The phone has only been in out of my back pocket. I'm also very OCD and treat my phone gentle.

Maybe I just need a fat jar of Coconut Oil?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else think the Apple Leather cases are too fragile? I've been using the black for only 2 days and I'm already seeing scuffs, dents, scratches and indentations on the back. The phone has only been in out of my back pocket. I'm also very OCD and treat my phone gentle.

Yes! I had my midnight blue leather case for a couple days now and it's already scuffed. I never expected a $50 case to be so fragile.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Leather is supposed to wear. If people don't like that type of case. Please change over to something else. As it's not fragile or design flaw........

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It's called character, Apple leather haters. It's meant to be worn, not kept safe and pristine.

Agreeing with this. I don't worry about the leather wearing. It's part of what gives it character. If you're looking for things to stay pristine then leather won't be for you. I like how my saddle brown is wearing. It keeps getting better every day.

On that note my storm grey gets delivered today. Then I do have a rhinoshield that shipped and should probably be here by the end of the week and my Swarovski is getting picked up on Thursday! Stoked!

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

Interesting that you are having these results. The black leather case is the one that I use most often and it still looks awesome (I do take care of them though, haven't dropped my phone in it yet). Just look at the picture I posted yesterday.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
By the way, I'm about to pick up my Element case. I'll share a pic but not as soon as I get it. I want to have some alone time with it before I share it with the world.

c581c7346b92c6833906718c32ba5de5.jpg

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
It's called character, Apple leather haters. It's meant to be worn, not kept safe and pristine.

Love Apple Leathers, have 4 different flavors.
I have leather jackets that are well over 10 years old and they don't show the wear my Apple Leather case has shown with 2 days of gentle use.

I believe this "European Apple Leather" is tissue paper thin. :straight-face:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Have you ever compared the Peel to the Spigen thin fit?

Night and day... The Peel case is like there is nothing on the phone at all. The only time I even realize its on my phone is when I go to press a button since they are ever so slightly recessed from the minimal thickness of the case. The Thin Fit is much thicker, not horrible, but not paper thin like the Peel.

Last edited:

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Love Apple Leathers, have 4 different flavors.
I have leather jackets that are well over 10 years old and they don't show the wear my Apple Leather case has shown with 2 days of gentle use.

I believe this "European Apple Leather" is tissue paper thin. :straight-face:

Thank God, Apple doesn't make jackets, shoes, belts, wallets :)))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods