What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Since the Jet Black option is more prone to scratches, what cases are you all looking into? I have an Otterbox now on my 6S Plus and it's horrible because it adds way to much bulk. Any recommendations for something to keep the enclosure and screen safe without all the bulkiness that an Otterbox adds?

Gotta say, I have had the Jet Black Plus model since the first week of October and I have been using it without a case the majority of the time. There are some "micro-abrasions" but no scratches. You can't even see them unless in the right light and definitely can't feel them. And yes I have dropped it (not on concrete, but hardwood floors and between seats in my car, etc.)

That said, my favorite cases are the Apple silicone and Tech 21 Impact Clear, both nicely protective without being too bulky. If I'm going to be outdoors with my kids or hiking or doing anything else where my phone is more likely to be dropped, that's what I use. But naked is my daily norm because I just love the feel of the Jet Black finish (nice and grippy) and it is of course easier to wield without a case.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a white, then a Sea Blue from a different seller to see which "genuine $10 Silicone" is best haha
I'm curious as to if it's an actual silicone case that was made in the same factory or fell off a truck somewhere. You're not the first person that I've heard about who's gotten a cheap case on eBay that arrived in the Apple box.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Anything with the name Samsung makes it super easy to resist.

I've owned several and sold hundreds - the one consistent phone we had people coming in with hardware troubles was anything Samsung (Sony Xperia series and its infamous black screen of death and self breaking glass a close second - even my managers phone cracked by itself) Only the Notes seemed immune, but I'd still not buy another Samsung even if they made a phone that wiped my butt for me.

A couple of go arounds with their 'customer service' put the final nail in that coffin

#neveragain .

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
They're just REALLY good quality cases and apparently "fashionable". Highly sought after really. I had a low end case of theirs for S3 and the quality is... high. They're just awesome cases. I find their looks pretty sweet myself.

I had element cases for my iPhone 5...they are fabulous.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Did you try the NÜÜD with the Zagg Luxe yet?

It worked but it was a tight fit as expected. The case clipped shut with a little more pressure than without the sp. The fingerprint sensor worked to unlock the phone but not by simply laying the finger on it. I had to actually click it. You can see in the pic that the membrane on the fp sensor isn't completely adhering to the sensor. I use the option to just lay the finger on it but for those who don't they wouldn't even notice. Lastly, I only left it in the case for a minute or two because I was worried the sp would get damaged and when I took off the case there was marks on it where the case pressed against it. They wiped off easily though.

797bbdb22efdabc8fde07727d2744f07.jpg
4e1b1773fbea6e1e052b8426d1439748.jpg
41cda3e882f4cd4536fb019d6120b8b8.jpg

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Near perfectly patina'd tan leather case. My one mistake was slipping it in my jean's back pocket for about 30 minutes. That minor exposure to the blue fabric made it get a slight greyish blue hue on the lower edges. If I hadn't done that it would have been perfect IMO.
9e27b58d8f62b32a90e4a082d986782d.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR