What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Bought two new cases. The war in my head is never ending.

I'm on a 1:1 care shift at work, and usually my patient is rambunctious and can't sleep and trying to pull out their IV's etc...instead he smiles sweetly at me and tells me he's going to sleep, that I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever met, rolls over...and goes to sleep.

Which means I'm spending money. :straight-face:

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I already said why I didn't get along with the NÜÜD. No bottom shade access unless I was willing to constantly swipe after a 12 hour shift at the hospital...which I wasn't.

Same. That plus the horrible power button and it's wider than the Frē. It actually ended up in 3rd place in my competition review facing it off with the Frē and the Pelican Marine. You can even see in the video how difficult it is to pull up the bottom shade while I'm handling the case in the video.

https://youtu.be/EpgM-tcpEZA

EDIT: Sorry guys. I just realized I had already posted this video earlier today. Just happened to be nearly 9 pages ago lol.

Last edited:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Same. That plus the horrible power button and it's wider than the Frē. It actually ended up in 3rd place in my competition review facing it off with the Frē and the Pelican Marine. You can even see in the video how difficult it is to pull up the bottom shade while I'm handling the case in the video.

Gosh I still love that blue. It's making me want to go back...think I'll pass.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok got some pictures of the white playproof on my matte black 7+ tonight. Not the greatest pics but you get the idea

c61b81aea7efc3658f98eec8061cc4a5.jpg

939740946f76962e8c0a5de5c3baf051.jpg

f23d255a742164e1c3351b69add2814c.jpg

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

EDIT: Sorry guys. I just realized I had already posted this video earlier today. Just happened to be nearly 9 pages ago lol.

Makes me sad you and @MizWylie can't get bottom shade. Are you guys dragging up from center? I drag up from either side where it's lower and just sat here and drug bottom shade up like 20X in a row, 100% accuracy. I legit can't figure out how why or what this issue is about. I can't replicate it Just bugs me for some reason.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Makes me sad you and @MizWylie can't get bottom shade. Are you guys dragging up from center? I drag up from either side where it's lower and just sat here and drug bottom shade up like 20X in a row, 100% accuracy. I legit can't figure out how why or what this issue is about. I can't replicate it Just bugs me for some reason.

Yup. You are correct. I mention that in the video. The issue is that the center bottom of the case rises a bit too high up on the screen. It looks like they purposely lowered the inner lip of the case on the left and right of the power button to facilitate the swipe up but the way many of us grip the phone one-handed when using it makes it an awkward motion to swipe up anywhere but the middle. It's either too far so you have to stretch out your thumb to the opposite side or too close and you have to move your thumb towards the palm of the hand which makes your grip feel less secure.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yup. You are correct. I mention that in the video. The issue is that the center bottom of the case rises a bit too high up on the screen. It looks like they purposely lowered the inner lip of the case on the left and right of the power button to facilitate the swipe up but the way many of us grip the phone one-handed when using it makes it an awkward motion to swipe up anywhere but the middle. It's either too far so you have to stretch out your thumb to the opposite side or too close and you have to move your thumb towards the palm of the hand which makes your grip feel less secure.

Maybe my fat stubby fingers make this easy for me. I always hold in right and and swipe up with right thumb though. I guess this issue is worth mentioning but may be deal breaker for everyone? 🤷🏼*♂️

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen