What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sending it back to LP for a full refund. I'm not sure if I'll order the black one though. Won't know for sure until I decide if the Fre is better than the Nuud or not.

Nuud > Free hands down. Biggest complaint I have with Nuud is volume +/- so hard to use. Second biggest complaint sounds stupid... but squeezing on sides on bottom half of phone it kind of "creaks." Feels completely tight and doesn't feel like it's in danger of popping open or breaking I just find it an oddity. Bugs me in my head as I hold phone in hand. Doesn't help that my brain knows it does it so I keep jackin with it

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I aspire to one day say same. Gonna try hard to stay Nuud but.

Honestly only a couple cases left id really LIKE to try. Have a whole wish list setup on Amazon but about 20-30 of them could be weeded out much more quickly than some of the others.

Really next thing I want to try is Rhinoshield Playproof or whatever they call their offering.

Trying so hard to stay Nuud tho

Well my review of the Playproof will come around in a couple weeks. I'm still thinking the Solid Suit will eventually happen and will be my daily case. Then others for outside work. Like the Base Grip, G-Case, Burkley Case, etc.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well my review of the Playproof will come around in a couple weeks. I'm still thinking the Solid Suit will eventually happen and will be my daily case. Then others for outside work. Like the Base Grip, G-Case, Burkley Case, etc.

I have looked and I simply don't see drastic improvement in Solid Suit over the Playproof. What am I too dumb to understand, please help?

I still really like my Silk Base Grip. Definitely a top 10 case.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have looked and I simply don't see drastic improvement in Solid Suit over the Playproof. What am I too dumb to understand, please help?

I still really like my Silk Base Grip. Definitely a top 10 case.

Well the Crashguard and Playproof are polycarbonate shells, Crashguard is more rubbery, and use Rhinoshield's patented eggshell drop design. The Solid Suit is carbon fiber and leather with the same drop protection.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well the Crashguard and Playproof are polycarbonate shells, Crashguard is more rubbery, and use Rhinoshield's patented eggshell drop design. The Solid Suit is carbon fiber and leather with the same drop protection.

Makes sense I suppose. I think either way I'm still more interested in Playproof

I'm trying to stay happy tonight. Tomorrow Amazon is brining me another D&G Wetsuit, presumably the wrong one. I took off work so when the wrong one comes I have plenty of time to call and argue with Amazon all day.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense I suppose. I think either way I'm still more interested in Playproof

I'm trying to stay happy tonight. Tomorrow Amazon is brining me another D&G Wetsuit, presumably the wrong one. I took off work so when the wrong one comes I have plenty of time to call and argue with Amazon all day.

Well that's why I'll have all 3, and the Mous Limitless and do reviews for each and comparative reviews for them. The Playproof gets hit on the grip, a lot. Almost every review mentions how the case is so slick you'll likely drop your phone. So that's one place the Solid Suit will have an edge up and the only reason that this is the first time I've ever purchased a Playproof.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well that's why I'll have all 3, and the Mous Limitless and do reviews for each and comparative reviews for them. The Playproof gets hit on the grip, a lot. Almost every review mentions how the case is so slick you'll likely drop your phone. So that's one place the Solid Suit will have an edge up and the only reason that this is the first time I've ever purchased a Playproof.

I do like their CrashGuard. Had it for 6S+ and now 7+. If I were to use it at length I'd have to get a clear back skin for phone though and of course tempered glass screen protector. I like that raised bumper allows me something to grab phone by out of pocket. I never found it to be terribly slick and I realize it does pretty well, generally, in drop test but every time I have mine on I am paranoid lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I do like their CrashGuard. Had it for 6S+ and now 7+. If I were to use it at length I'd have to get a clear back skin for phone though and of course tempered glass screen protector. I like that raised bumper allows me something to grab phone by out of pocket. I never found it to be terribly slick and I realize it does pretty well, generally, in drop test but every time I have mine on I am paranoid lol

Well if you wanted protectors I'd go with Rhinoshield's, not only are the made to go with their cases they are also nearly indestructible adding a great deal of protection to your phone. I had them for 6 Plus and they are my favorite protectors, they are also cheaper than other name brand less protective glass competitors.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well if you wanted protectors I'd go with Rhinoshield's, not only are the made to go with their cases they are also nearly indestructible adding a great deal of protection to your phone. I had them for 6 Plus and they are my favorite protectors, they are also cheaper than other name brand less protective glass competitors.

The Klearview I had on until recently because it was a privacy screen and that was most money I'd spent on one in years. I go through glass protectors so quick I usually don't buy very expensive ones lol. Usually buy the Walmart specials or XtremeGuard's when they offer like 92% off haha that way I can afford to toss them. Still have 15-20 of theirs for 7+ from last time I made a order.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

41e8b60ba5021f3d4c65bcbcc9a7b8d9.jpg

My last order lol

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Nuud > Free hands down. Biggest complaint I have with Nuud is volume +/- so hard to use. Second biggest complaint sounds stupid... but squeezing on sides on bottom half of phone it kind of "creaks." Feels completely tight and doesn't feel like it's in danger of popping open or breaking I just find it an oddity. Bugs me in my head as I hold phone in hand. Doesn't help that my brain knows it does it so I keep jackin with it

I'm not too sure about that. The Nüüd is a bit wider than the Frē so it's a little harder to grip in my opinion. Plus that clear plastic glass-like back looks like it'll pick up a lot of scratches easily. The overall build quality of the Frē just feels better in my opinion as well. The buttons are definitely better on the Frē than the Nüüd. About the only thing that I can think of that's better on the Nüüd is the fact that you don't have to deal with the screen protector. But then again a lot of people want the screen protector.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah...maybe you should try one of Rhinoshield's ha ha. Might save you some money lol. I mean you can take a hammer to your phone with Rhinoshield's, that's endorsement enough.

Problem isn't I'm breaking them I always end up pulling them off for different reasons lol

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
That was Apple Store in Tulsa Oklahoma at Woodland Hills mall. Tulsa is about a hour south of me. Owasso another decent size city about 35 minutes south of me and they have closest BB. I live about 10 miles south of KS border. We frequent Tulsa/Owasso about every other weekend.

In Owasso now at moment ironically LOL

It's funny, when I lived in Bartlesville, I always thought of Owasso as a little town -- which it was, at the time. I guess that just goes to show how long it has been since I lived there -- I guess to date myself, there were two High Schools in Bartlesville back then.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 115399

Spigen Ultra Hybrid just arrived. Its my go to as far as cases go. Slim profile, buttons are responsive, and if I decide to put a dbrand on the back, it can be seen. Time will tell if there will be an oil slick or not. FYI....you guys are all enablers, and I am sure I will go past my 3-4 case limit that I normally put on myself lol.

Hub and I have actually been good and only bought two cases each for our 7+'s (we went a little crazy with the 6+ cases!). One is the LV Folio Case and the other is the Spigen Ultra Hybrid which we bought for days we don't want to deal with the flaps on our LV folios (like when we know we'll be taking a lot of photos or videos) and are really liking these cases. I ended up using my folio most of the time and hub uses his Spigen more than his folio.

We haven't had the oil slick issue at all.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
It's funny, when I lived in Bartlesville, I always thought of Owasso as a little town -- which it was, at the time. I guess that just goes to show how long it has been since I lived there -- I guess to date myself, there were two High Schools in Bartlesville back then.

Owasso has absolutely exploded in last 10 years. There is lots of money that direction. Love it too, all the things of Tulsa without the stupid freeways lol

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Problem isn't I'm breaking them I always end up pulling them off for different reasons lol

Sounds like you need to go my route then lol I get a bunch at dollar tree for $1 that way if I only leave it on a day or two when I decide to switch from my lifeproof I'm not out a huge amount.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I liked how the Wetsuit back didn't look like it would scratch like the Nuud. What's the back of the Wetsuit made of? But it won't fit Anker cables and those are the ones I use most often.

The back of the Wetsuit has a softer feeling plastic panel that has a small brick pattern on it. The first Wetsuit that received from Amazon actually had a scratch on the back that would not come off. Exchanged it with Amazon and this new one is perfect.

I would say the back of the Wetsuit would more prone to scratches than an Otterbox Symmetry case.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro