What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The 6s plus nuud has the same little bump at the bottom of the screen though right?

Yes and theoretically screen real estate is same exact size. I figure screen cutout must be quite a bit smaller on Wetsuit but not sure until I get Wetsuit and have both respective protectors in hand.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes and theoretically screen real estate is same exact size. I figure screen cutout must be quite a bit smaller on Wetsuit but not sure until I get Wetsuit and have both respective protectors in hand.

If you keep both cases though wouldn't it make more sense to just use the dog and bone since they may not be cross compatible with the nuud screen protector?

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
So enlighten me here...

7+ is water resistant. Unless you have a job in an environment where the phone could sustain serious damage very easily, like in a factory or construction, etc., or you're into using the phone in some pretty extreme sports or other environments, what is the point of cases like the fre, nuud, and traditional otterboxes?

So many of you gals and guys on this thread seem to swear by those types of cases. I see so many of them around too. Even at my office, I work with people who swear by them and I know for a fact the most extreme place they use their iPhone is gardening. I don't understand the appeal of them.

For me, I feel like anything but the apple cases or other slim type of case turns the 7+ into a brick.

I work in a environment with a lot of salt. Gets into everything. Especially cuts LOL. I couldn't tell you how many of the work tile floors has won accidental phone dropping competitions. Nuud and Fre really don't seem too bulky to me?

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If you keep both cases though wouldn't it make more sense to just use the dog and bone since they may not be cross compatible with the nuud screen protector?

Possibly. If D&G BoneGuard I could get it installed straight it would be be THAT bad of a gap on both sides.

Biggest downfall to Nuud for me so far is the super hard volume buttons. Not sure if they'll loosen up with time or not

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Possibly. If D&G BoneGuard I could get it installed straight it would be be THAT bad of a gap on both sides.

Biggest downfall to Nuud for me so far is the super hard volume buttons. Not sure if they'll loosen up with time or not

If it's the same rubber as the fre it will. Mine have loosened up nicely after a months or so use

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking tho... have 30-40 iPhone 6 screen protectors that are normal clear plastic regular screen protector type. Might cut one down to fit my 7+ with Nuud. Im more worried about screen getting scratched than broke. at least temporarily

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I work in a environment with a lot of salt. Gets into everything. Especially cuts LOL. I couldn't tell you how many of the work tile floors has won accidental phone dropping competitions. Nuud and Fre really don't seem too bulky to me?

Again, you NEED and BENEFIT from the added protection. Most people probably just don't need it. To each their own I suppose, and I'm glad thee are options like that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Again, you NEED and BENEFIT from the added protection. Most people probably just don't need it. To each their own I suppose, and I'm glad thee are options like that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Absolutely agree. If I didn't work where I do, it'd probably be apple leather or Silicone

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Cut down a matte pet film protector. Perfect for now. I didn't cut perfectly straight but now mind can ease. any protection albeit not cut perfect over none. If I would've had a paper cutter I could've nailed it. Hard to do straight with scissors.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Think she means the bottom menus.

I've had no problem dragging from bottom to get them? I know on D&G Wetsuit I had years ago for 6 it was all but impossible to get top/bottom pullouts up/down but have ran into that problem exactly zero times with Nuud.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Anxious to see and hear about it.

Yeah, it'll just be a shame to take off this Burkley case. With any luck my replacement SwitchEasy Numbers case will be here before I fly out tomorrow. It's in town, just needs to get here with enough time for me to take a couple quick photos for a review.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods