What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Lol well yeah, I bought your last NÜÜD and it looked brand new when it got here.

Yeah because I barely even used it. Because I didn't want to rip off my glass screen protector again. Lol. I used it like 4 days total. I forgot that it was you who bought it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah because I barely even used it. Because I didn't want to rip off my glass screen protector again. Lol. I used it like 4 days total. I forgot that it was you who bought it.

I only used it two days before sending my 6S Plus back and exchanging it for my 7 Plus. I think I got a dud NÜÜD this time for my 7 Plus because I cannot believe how much the notification shade and control center shade were infuriating me

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I only used it two days before sending my 6S Plus back and exchanging it for my 7 Plus. I think I got a dud NÜÜD this time for my 7 Plus because I cannot believe how much the notification shade and control center shade were infuriating me

You didn't lose much on it then. Unless you resold it. If I recall I think I sold it to you for like $25. And I paid like $75 + tax for it on amazon.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You didn't lose much on it then. Unless you resold it. If I recall I think I sold it to you for like $25. And I paid like $75 + tax for it on amazon.

Resold it for what I paid for it.

I paid 109.99 for my 7 Plus NÜÜD and it was a major dud.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So enlighten me here...

7+ is water resistant. Unless you have a job in an environment where the phone could sustain serious damage very easily, like in a factory or construction, etc., or you're into using the phone in some pretty extreme sports or other environments, what is the point of cases like the fre, nuud, and traditional otterboxes?

So many of you gals and guys on this thread seem to swear by those types of cases. I see so many of them around too. Even at my office, I work with people who swear by them and I know for a fact the most extreme place they use their iPhone is gardening. I don't understand the appeal of them.

For me, I feel like anything but the apple cases or other slim type of case turns the 7+ into a brick.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So enlighten me here...

7+ is water resistant. Unless you have a job in an environment where the phone could sustain serious damage very easily, like in a factory or construction, etc., or you're into using the phone in some pretty extreme sports or other environments, what is the point of cases like the fre, nuud, and traditional otterboxes?

So many of you gals and guys on this thread seem to swear by those types of cases. I see so many of them around too. Even at my office, I work with people who swear by them and I know for a fact the most extreme place they use their iPhone is gardening. I don't understand the appeal of them.

For me, I feel like anything but the apple cases or other slim type of case turns the 7+ into a brick.

Work in a hospital, I'm a germophobe and Lifeproofs hold up to bleach wipes at the end of the day. I also live at the North Pole apparently and my phone likes to go sledding. Otherwise I prefer a less all encompassing case. I've had a LP on previous iterations of iPhones and I like the grip for my smaller hands of the LP. It gets to the point where having it on all the time honestly doesn't bother me.

Lifeproof also has fricking awesome customer service, hands down.

Just got introduced to the leathers though, and have two already. So...basically my wallet is in trouble.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Pic Dump incoming. @felloffthetruck check these out mate. Shows the Dog and Bone BoneGuard laying on Nuud. I'd like to think a actual screen protector for Nuud would get closer to edges? Wetsuit "screen opening" really may be a bit smaller than than of Nuud Or BoneGuard isn't designed to go right to actual case edge and I can't determine that until I get a Wetsuit for 7+. No screen protector on phone, going to rock bare screen and Nuud until I get D&G Wetsuit to compare screen opening to before I use a screen protector. If I find a 7+ Nuud glass screen protector on Amazon may order one to compare to BoneGuard...

Anyways, meat and potatoes... pics. Some are specific of BoneGuard glass.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/eaad6846b3cb5f4a129d1060945a40c2.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/018dd98a751ebd68aa1d29c4be468cee.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/41e0d864b126980215bea11e50916e41.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/7b99da2a76a365d118ca1f7bab82f3e2.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/74e941c14f4ee1a8d5f52446a2f2d429.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/2d2dbe1f1bb3dd06a18b093a53adb56a.jpg

Will say immediately I like Nuudes shape and feel in hand, and definitely love a bare screen in comparison to Fre. case just has a good feel about it. Sound is decent I can hear keyboard keys click on my normal sound setting and can't say that for Fre. Unno. Mute switch isn't what I expected but does work, rather well at that. Going to have to be careful to not scratch phone screen tho before I get a wetsuit to figure out screen protector debacle.

Wow, that BoneGuard is real short on the sides. I could not find any NÜÜD glass on Amazon for the 7 Plus, only 6S Plus.
Third Wetsuit for the iPhone 7 coming tomorrow?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well within a day my Burkley case is starting to loosen up. The wallet folio portion is much looser and easier to open. The volume buttons and power button on the polycarbonate portion of the case is another story. I've taken my phone out and tried pressing them a lot to loosen them up. It has helped a little, though I can't help but think there's something else I can do.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Work in a hospital, I'm a germophobe and Lifeproofs hold up to bleach wipes at the end of the day. I also live at the North Pole apparently and my phone likes to go sledding. Otherwise I prefer a less all encompassing case. I've had a LP on previous iterations of iPhones and I like the grip for my smaller hands of the LP. It gets to the point where having it on all the time honestly doesn't bother me.

Just got introduced to the leathers though, and have two already. So...basically my wallet is in trouble.

That makes perfect sense. Apple leather certainly wouldn't take bleach at the end of a shift

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Which part of the North Pole? It's been like that here in SE Mich too

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW