What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope the Dog & Bone Wetsuit Impact does not have that crappy Dot-Matrix screen or it will be going right back like the NÜÜD. :sick:

After looking at several videos some have it and some do not. :concern:
Anyone know if the 7 Plus model has this Dot-Matrix crap on the screen?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I hope the Dog & Bone Wetsuit Impact does not have that crappy Dot-Matrix screen or it will be going right back like the NÜÜD. :sick:

After looking at several videos some have it and some do not. :concern:
Anyone know if the 7 Plus model has this Dot-Matrix crap on the screen?

Don't think it does

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Truck, let me think more... if it's a true glass screen protector it shouldn't have dot matrix thing on it.. I think only plastic ones have the dots.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Truck, let me think more... if it's a true glass screen protector it shouldn't have dot matrix thing on it.. I think only plastic ones have the dots.

I've had the Moshi iVisor edge to edge glass protector in the past and it had the Dot-Matrix on it. After looking at a bunch of D&B videos on YouTube it seems like to older ones had it and the newer ones do not. I'll find out on Monday after the case shows up here.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
P.S. my screen was nasty from the NÜÜD, so I grabbed an alcohol prep pad from my scrub shelf and wiped down the screen and wiped it down again with a Lifeproof microfiber because I was over the nastiness and didn't care at that point and slapped it back in my Base Camp Blue...no oil slicks. So now I get to enjoy my case for a few hours with no slicks, even though it didn't bother me before. Wiped the whole damn case down with an alcohol pad

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but I owned two of them previously and both of them peeled, and they weren't dropped. That's why I'm so sceptical of them. I had tried the first gen AND the second gen and they both did it.

Fair enough. I'd probably feel the same if I had had your experience in the past.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I finally switched up from the Base Grip, put my clear skin case back on....I forgot how much grip it adds. I'm half tempted to say it adds more grip than the Base Grip.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So, I finally found my fatal flaw with the NÜÜD case, and will be returning it today to Verizon. Others might not see it as one, but it's been driving me crazy and as much as I love the case and love feeling my nekkid screen...

The shades. The notification shade and the control center shade. I feel like I have to swipe three times to get the shade to slide. To get the control center shade to "wake up" and open I've had to push the home button (basically an act of frustration) to get it to launch. And when I tap the top of a screen to get from bottom to top while scrolling I have to focus really hard on tapping the right spot.

I need my flashlight in 3 seconds vs 10 seconds and a swear word.

NÜÜD, it was fun while it lasted but not for 109.99

This has been the case from every Nuud every year. Geez Verizon selling them higher than suggested retail by Lifeproof? Greedy Verizon. Lol.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This has been the case from every Nuud every year. Geez Verizon selling them higher than suggested retail by Lifeproof? Greedy Verizon. Lol.

I don't remember having that issue with my other ones. They charge extra because they include device replacement coverage in the box if anything happens to the phone due to case failure.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I caved and bought the Apple black leather case today, got tired of my Pelican Protector. The Pelican is a great case but I wanted to try something else for awhile.

I'm really enjoying this year's Apple leather case. The leather feels a bit nicer and the buttons are much improved, makes it kinda worth the premium price.

Last edited:

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I caved and bought the black Apple black leather case today, got tired of my Pelican Protector. The Pelican is a great case but I wanted to try something else for awhile.

I'm really enjoying this year's Apple leather case. The leather feels a bit nicer and the buttons are much improved, makes it kinda worth the premium price.

That's the same case I use and love it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I caved and bought the Apple black leather case today, got tired of my Pelican Protector. The Pelican is a great case but I wanted to try something else for awhile.

Lost an Ocean Blue, or whatever the light colored blue one is called, on eBay tonight because my notifications didn't notify me I'd been outbid. I didn't even get a harassing email. Just boom. Lost it by fifty damn cents.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
All right, I bit the bullet and bought a Mous Limitless with black leather back. I should have it in February is their estimation. By then I should have a Rhinoshield Playproof, or maybe the Solid Suit will be available, and I'm thinking of a doing a side by side comparison of the two.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the Spigen Ultra Hybrid 2. Here are some photos in comparison to the first version. The 2nd version adds a little more camera protection and has vents on the bottom for what reason I don't know. Also the nubs in the corner to keep the back and camera from touching the surface is more pronounced. All in all I like it better than the first version.

It won't be my daily use case, (I love the Apple silicone cases and will probably get either the red or ocean blue to join the white and midnight blue I have) but it'll definitely be in the rotation.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/e8e7939c9d5bbd2f9f32380c5fb8037d.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/0d1d2dec95b048876453351dd578343a.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/d21b71f1fbbfbf9d182dc0dbb57befc7.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/835f44acca4099640221ce42e37d0685.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/f56a88ded3d21224184b953b6b3a29b9.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170128/512a3b1ada3b6622def0cebdb4c46972.jpg

I took a long look at this case and for $11 you can't go wrong. It's on my list because of this damn thread

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
What I haven't seen in this thread are very many tech 21 cases. I use to have one on my 5s with the 3DO. All I can say is cases with that aren't worth the money. The top part of my phone bent about 20 degrees from about a 9 ft drop. Ok that's my rant for the day .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR