What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ordered a couple more

Poetic Affinity and X-Doria Defense Lux

Man now I'm thinking of grabbing that X-Doria one. I have a $25 Amazon card from Christmas and the case is on sale for $35 instead of $45 on Amazon. I've been trying to hold out for Rhino's solidsuit which has a higher drop rating but one of the YouTube channels I follow drop tests cases from a 50 foot tower and the X-Doria has survived that with the phone totally intact.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered my Base Camp Blue Lifeproof through Verizon. Absolutely still loving my Case-Mate Folio, but it'll be nice to slip on a Lifeproof again (as a LP diehard).

I'm really looking at those X-Doria cases. I'd never heard of them before Blaine mentioned them. They're really sharp looking. Digging that navy and gold honeycomb Defense Lux. I can't do anymore cases!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Cases for iPhone 6 plus or 7 plus

My husband's iPhone is issued to him by his office. Until this morning, he had an iPhone 5, but it finally gave up the ghost. He went to the woman who oversees the cell phone program, and she gave him either a 6 or 6s plus (I'm not sure how to tell which one it is). It's clearly a used phone, which he is happy with because he can stay on his original plan that has unlimited data.

Our issue is that he needs a new case, and wants one NOW. Ha! He only wants an Otterbox Defender, and has asked me to find the best deal on one. I've found one on Amazon Prime, and can get it tomorrow, but our local Best Buy seems to have a couple on sale. One is for a 6/6s plus and the other is for a 7 plus.

Am I right in thinking that a 7 plus case would fit either a 6 or 6s plus?

Thanks!!!

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cases for iPhone 6 plus or 7 plus

The camera on the 7 Plus is significantly larger and placed differently (it sits a bit farther down the top edge of the phone) compared to the previous model. I doubt the Defender case for a 6/6s Plus will fit a 7 Plus strictly because of the camera size differences.

My personal opinion is that the Defender is a complete waste of money and you will be fine with a sturdy case that's been drop tested and a screen protector, but to each his own.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

My husband's iPhone is issued to him by his office. Until this morning, he had an iPhone 5, but it finally gave up the ghost. He went to the woman who oversees the cell phone program, and she gave him either a 6 or 6s plus (I'm not sure how to tell which one it is). It's clearly a used phone, which he is happy with because he can stay on his original plan that has unlimited data.

Our issue is that he needs a new case, and wants one NOW. Ha! He only wants an Otterbox Defender, and has asked me to find the best deal on one. I've found one on Amazon Prime, and can get it tomorrow, but our local Best Buy seems to have a couple on sale. One is for a 6/6s plus and the other is for a 7 plus.

Thanks!!!

No. A 6 Plus and 6S Plus can use the same case. The 7 Plus differs from those and can't use the same case. In addition to the camera lenses being different as already noted, the 7Plus has no headphone jack and has dual speaker pets in the bottom.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Wal Mart has all the Speck Cases for $19.94 each including the Presidio Grip.

View attachment 115255

I've noticed a lot of case mfgr's are making their 7 Plus cases work with the 6s Plus too, which means the cutout for the headphone jack is there. I think this is ugly and won't buy a case if it's liek that. Before buying a case, take the case out of the box and look for the headphone jack cutout at the bottom.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

No. A 6 Plus and 6S Plus can use the same case. The 7 Plus differs from those and can't use the same case. In addition to the camera lenses being different as already noted, the 7Plus has no headphone jack and has dual speaker pets in the bottom.

Only the right grille is a speaker. The left side is a "barometric vent."

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Question, anyone with Speck Presidio Grip's, has your case deformed in anyway? To put mine on I have to start with the bottom corner to the right of the home button otherwise it folds in on itself. This has also started happening to the opposite corner as well, top side above the volume buttons. Anyone else having this happen or is mine just a weak case?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!!!

It's safe to assume any iPhone 7 Plus case will fit either the 6 Plus and the 6S Plus. However, exceptions aside, an iPhone 6/6S Plus case will not fit an iPhone 7.

In addition, I'm not taking the headphone jack in account in above statement.

Last edited:

anon(9059600)

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
fullsizeoutput_640.jpeg

Loving my Otterbox Symmetry case for my Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus. Out of my three silicone cases and my Tech 21 Evo Check case I'm head over heels for my Otterbox. I especially love it with my 'Peace Mandala Sky' Pop Socket!

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
57f2d50b1d4ab41655e267552fd4cca9.jpg

fffc21f2a9137775d0ce5009e71ffce2.jpg

9e9b2608c742f82b4ed403e4daceae60.jpg

d0cd807336eb5407b267cae7c3fdb154.jpg

d2efb3869c1e5201f9a529a5255dea7f.jpg

Came today

Trending Posts