What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ive already dropped it and no extra scratches/cracks/dents
So HA Robert but if it breaks I'll just pay 80 for a new one!

Or spend the 30$ with a glass screen protector 8-20$ off eBay and never have worry. So buy apple care and no case or screen protector and as you say just spend the 80$ for new one? I'm assuming referring to AppleCare. So what would that end up costing ? Like 180$

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Comments like that crack me up. Do people who buy cases for there phones care about the 650-1000$ purchase. Of course we do.

I buy AppleCare+ to protect my $1,000 investment. I buy a cheap case to help prevent paying a $29 or $99 deductible to either get the screen or entire phone replaced.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Forget a case I rock it naked with no screen protector. Just don't be a dummy and drop your phone or leave stuff in the same pocket as your phone and you won't have cracks or scratches... I've never understood cases for phones, do people who buy them have two left hands?

Oh yeah? Why buy car insurance? Do people who buy car insurance have two left eyes? Don't be a dummy and crash your car.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

Accidents happen.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Or spend the 30$ with a glass screen protector 8-20$ off eBay and never have worry. So buy apple care and no case or screen protector and as you say just spend the 80$ for new one? I'm assuming referring to AppleCare. So what would that end up costing ? Like 180$

A case and screen protector doesn't make your phone bulletproof. I've still had a screen crack while protected with a glass screen protector.

It seems like this thread has turned into an argument of who's method of protection is better.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
6226e8203ad3fa69641df39a1b6b458c.jpg
69de1e29789e14525e9f919ff87d5f3c.jpg

Saw this one on a review by The Tech Reviewer. I decided to order it although my fav is still the otterbox symmetry. Gonna try this to see if I like it! Gets delivered tomorrow!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh yeah? Why buy car insurance? Do people who buy car insurance have two left eyes? Don't be a dummy and crash your car.

Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

Accidents happen.

Car insurance is a mandate by law. Having a cell phone is not. Kind of a bad analogy there.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Question for you. Will my AppleCare+ that I just purchased transfer to the iPhone 7S/8 that I buy next year? Or do you need to keep the same device for 2 years to use the full 2 years of the AppleCare+ plan?

Cannot answer that. Maybe someone else in here can. I assume it's for that device because it's tied to that device but I could be wrong.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get people who want to go naked. Life happens. You can be the most careful person in the world but one slip of the hand, someone bumps into you, or you have KIDS, and your $1000 phone is destroyed. At least get a screen protector.

To each their own. My life is too busy to worry constantly to baby my phone. I slap a case and glass screen protector on my iPhone and be done with it

For the record - I own two cases, never use them. Don't baby my phone. It's just a phone. Screen protectors are a racket (I stopped when I realized how much money I was spending on them - plastic scratches and feels bad, tempered chips and looks bad because it's not edge to edge - it didn't matter how much I spent on it, cheap or expensive all of them chipped at the edges for me).

The amount of money I wasted in cases and screen protectors is far more than the cost of AppleCare and the deductible. If my phone gets scratched, it gets scratched.

It's only a phone. My life is just as busy as yours or anyone else's...I don't have time to baby a phone either. I just also dont have time to justify their sheer insane amount of money I spent on cases and screen films that detracted from the phone. And don't mistake - using a case and a screen protector takes away some of the experience of the actual phone.

It's akin to having car insurance and then driving around your Veyron wrapped in bubble wrap. I put insurance on my car, my house, but I don't follow that up with entombing them in plastic and metal 'just in case'.

Hell I dropped it the other day for the first time - apart from a small ding on the corner you can't see unless you look for it, it's fine. Landed on a hardwood floor and slid a couple of feet. Still don't have a case on it. I've never had a broken screen , ever - case or no case, going back to my original Nokia brick 20 years ago.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Question for you. Will my AppleCare+ that I just purchased transfer to the iPhone 7S/8 that I buy next year? Or do you need to keep the same device for 2 years to use the full 2 years of the AppleCare+ plan?

No, AppleCare+ is a two year insurance plan that travels with the device. The only time this changes is with a device replacement via AppleCare, then the AppleCare transfers to the AppleCare replaced device.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
A case and screen protector doesn't make your phone bulletproof. I've still had a screen crack while protected with a glass screen protector.

It seems like this thread has turned into an argument of who's method of protection is better.

Lmao. Where did I once say it makes it bullet proof ? ��

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
927165c9204847d7c40a942c7c35b187.jpg

New gear4 case. Love it! Similar to the otterbox symmetry when you look at it head on but nice beautiful rich shade of brown leather on the back

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro