What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases

Keep in mind that the case cutout for the camera isn't the only issue. Along with the removal of the headphone jack, there's also a speaker at the top of the phone that would be covered with a previous model case.

Speaker at the top? Not on 7 plus

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Is the rubber part on front left where volume buttons are kind of loose? I was expecting it to be more sturdy/stiffer. Making sure I didn't get a defective one.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Is the rubber part on front left where volume buttons are kind of loose? I was expecting it to be more sturdy/stiffer. Making sure I didn't get a defective one.

Realistically, it will be because there is less structural integrity on the left side due to the ringer/mute switch hole being there, that will always make that left side a bit loose, and mine is a bit loose from looking at it sternly, but nothing that compromises the case. you can see this as you push the rubber outwards near the ringer/mute switch and slowly work your way down toward the polycarbonate exterior. It's not a design flaw but rather just quirk. It shouldn't affect the protection that this case offers, and if you're ever unhappy you can get a fresh new rubber inner piece from OtterBox warranty claims, although I think they charge you shipping & processing which is like $4-5.

Over time and heavy usage, it is only normal that the rubber on the sides will get a bit loose over time, that is with anything. I was a bit OCD with it on my iPhone 6s but that was because that Commuter version had a very poor fitment issue that seems to be alleviated with the new Commuter. I'll post up pics to show you exactly what I mean.

EDIT: pic uploaded. Notice the rubber lacks a solid form. Buttons leaning downward, not straight, and the rubber by the ringer/mute switch is thin, and loose, exposing lack of true fittest. This is something that has been greatly improved over the previous Commuter.

847a03474a9486f54e4cb2aa0af5b501.jpg

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide between an apple silicon or leather case. The only thing that has got me from pressing the trigger is the worry about the bottom of the phone being exposed.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Trying to decide between an apple silicon or leather case. The only thing that has got me from pressing the trigger is the worry about the bottom of the phone being exposed.

Ive never had any issues with mine. Been using them for well over a year now.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Currently using the Speck Presidio in black. Essentially the same as the Commuter - a bit thinner, and feels great in the hand.

Also have an Apple Silicone case (Stone) - exchanging today for a different color, though. Don't like the way it looks on the matte black 7+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2