What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, I finally decided to give up waiting for the Solidsuit and am going to order a Playproof in white for my matte black (kind of a stormtrooper look I guess) along with their screen protector. Now I just have to decide Amazon vs ordering direct and it taking longer to get here. I still like the idea of the solidsuit, but for the rugged aspect based on some video reviews I've seen, the playproof is better at hiding/avoiding wear from drops vs. the softer leather and since I'm buying a Rhino case to protect from drops doing outdoor activities I think the playproof is probably the smarter choice functionally.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
While I'm not a big fan of UPS Sure Post, it isn't in the same category as Smart Post. This article gives a few of the reasons, it particular how FedEx barely conforms at all to USPS "best practices." Basically, it is almost as if FedEx set it up to fail.
Good article, thanks for posting it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope it's all or nothing. Only way I know to not get them is to cut the notifications off in iOS.
So if I wanted nothing I'd have to cut the notifications in iOS? Or is there another way to get no notifications on the Garmin Vivosmart, but still get them on the phone?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So if I wanted nothing I'd have to cut the notifications in iOS? Or is there another way to get no notifications on the Garmin Vivosmart, but still get them on the phone?

735ee9825c00ba82ca2d71b7211307fc.png

Never mind looks like there is a way to turn them off in the app. I like the notifications so I never looked.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
They probably tracked down the only Blaine in Oklahoma who ordered a Wetsuit!

It's very likely seeing as how on their website every replacement they've sent has made their website to -1 on inventory. Their website is down to ONE in stock last I looked. I just mailed 2 back, Ken got the wrong one in reviews, and one more is en route. How many come in a case lol?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It's very likely seeing as how on their website every replacement they've sent has made their website to -1 on inventory. Their website is down to ONE in stock last I looked. I just mailed 2 back, Ken got the wrong one in reviews, and one more is en route. How many come in a case lol?

It's a conspiracy!

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, I finally decided to give up waiting for the Solidsuit and am going to order a Playproof in white for my matte black (kind of a stormtrooper look I guess) along with their screen protector. Now I just have to decide Amazon vs ordering direct and it taking longer to get here. I still like the idea of the solidsuit, but for the rugged aspect based on some video reviews I've seen, the playproof is better at hiding/avoiding wear from drops vs. the softer leather and since I'm buying a Rhino case to protect from drops doing outdoor activities I think the playproof is probably the smarter choice functionally.

Can't wait to hear your opinion. Playproof/SolidSuit is one of my few "must try" cases left on the list.

Get you a Nuud for outdoors? Can't express how happy I am with it surprisingly.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Can't wait to hear your opinion. Playproof/SolidSuit is one of my few "must try" cases left on the list.

Get you a Nuud for outdoors? Can't express how happy I am with it surprisingly.

Was thinking about the dog and bone wetsuit/impact actually after seeing Aaron's review of it on YouTube. Either way I assume I'd have to remove the Rhino screen protector. I figured 11 feet drop rating on the Rhino is better than 6.5 on the others though plus pairing it with their impact resistant screen protector.

If I start getting in situations where I definitely need the water protection though I may change my mind. I've heard you can remove and reapply screen protectors if they're not glass but not sure how to do that without getting dust contamination on it.

Anyway I went Amazon when I realized I could get them tomorrow for free.

3a96487c17773e825bf892732edffded.jpg

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Was thinking about the dog and bone actually after seeing Aaron's review of it on YouTube. Either way I assume I'd have to remove the Rhino screen protector. I figured 11 feet drop rating on the Rhino is better than 6.5 on the others though plus pairing it with their impact resistant screen protector.

If I start getting in situations where I definitely need the water protection though I may change my mind. I've heard you can remove and reapply screen protectors if they're not glass but not sure how to do that without getting dust contamination on it.

Anyway I went Amazon when I realized I could get them tomorrow for free.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170206/3a96487c17773e825bf892732edffded.jpg

One day, if Amazon gets in here, I provide you opinion of D&G Wetsuit FWIW to you. Saw where someone recommended when peeling screen protector off to use scotch tape as make shift new backing if that helps any? With me using this Nuud it's kind of the same situation for me. I always have screen protection of some sort. I didn't have anything glass on hand specific to Nuud so I made a makeshift protector out of a matte PET iPhone 6+ protector and cut down to Nuud screen opening. Actually works pretty well; and forgot how much I liked matte. I'm more likely to scratch phone on stupid button above pocket than I am to drop it on the screen. Knock on wood...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah if I wasn't going to be outdoors where I could potentially drop it onto rocks while hiking/etc. then it wouldn't be as big of an issue. In an urban setting you'd have to try really really hard to drop it somewhere that it could land on just the screen like that. The outdoorsy stuff is the only reason I'm going with the Rhino protector. I really like the feel of the glass ones even though they're thicker and don't have the same protection, but I've also heard the Rhino one feels almost like glass so who knows. I suppose if I had $20 to burn I could buy another Rhino protector and cut it to fit the Nuud or the dog & bone that is open like the Nuud. Then I'd have the best of both worlds, waterproof and screen impact protection.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah if I wasn't going to be outdoors where I could potentially drop it onto rocks while hiking/etc. then it wouldn't be as big of an issue. In an urban setting you'd have to try really really hard to drop it somewhere that it could land on just the screen like that. The outdoorsy stuff is the only reason I'm going with the Rhino protector. I really like the feel of the glass ones even though they're thicker and don't have the same protection, but I've also heard the Rhino one feels almost like glass so who knows. I suppose if I had $20 to burn I could buy another Rhino protector and cut it to fit the Nuud or the dog & bone that is open like the Nuud. Then I'd have the best of both worlds, waterproof and screen impact protection.

They sell specific screen protectors for D&G Wetsuit and probably soon for LP Nuud so that you could have Best of both worlds. That's been my goal all along lol. I ordered a Teqii glass screen protector that says it works with 7+ Nuud.

I have on hand the BoneGuard D&G sells specifically to be used with Wetsuit, too. If I could ever get Wetsuit.

98d87564d4a510120bae6e6743f50cbf.jpg
BoneGuard says on box for 6 Plus series but it's one D&G lists on their website as working worth 7+ Wetsuit.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep I know there are tempered glass protectors for them, but I was talking about modifying a Rhino protector that can take a much harder impact than the glass ones. I had vowed never to use a "plastic" screen protector again until I saw the videos about the Rhino one lol.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep I know there are tempered glass protectors for them, but I was talking about modifying a Rhino protector that can take a much harder impact than the glass ones. I had vowed never to use a "plastic" screen protector again until I saw the videos about the Rhino one lol.

My apologies. I hear ya. Interesting idea. Wonder if one of the Rhinoshield ones could even be cut down and not shatter?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2