Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Just got this email. Gotta love proactive customer service. Another case to add to the collection

We want to thank you for your recent order with Spigen!

It has been brought to our attention by our manufacturers, that there is a chance that your ordered iPhone 7 Plus Air Skin - Soft Clear may have a slight fitment issue when it's put on the device.

Since we want to make sure we are getting the most quality item to you, we are in the process of updating the case. Your updated case will be processed and shipped out in 2 weeks.

We do understand that you want and need to protect your new phone in the meantime, so we will be sending you iPhone 7 Plus Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear as our courtesy gift to you for this inconenience.
    Last edited by Dwood1970; 09-29-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    rudyalexc and reeneebob like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Default Re: What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Spigen Slim on my 6s and 7+

It's so slim!!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I just received one of the cases I ordered from eBay today. I like it especially considering I only spent $3.99 on it.

What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?-img_1475264740.689371.jpgWhat cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?-img_1475264789.671726.jpgWhat cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?-img_1475265004.249773.jpgWhat cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?-img_1475265021.418935.jpgWhat cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?-img_1475265078.073594.jpg
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Installed a glass screen protector from amazon. Super clean install but there are still some specks here and there. They are mainly on the bezel though. I've never been able to have a flawless install with any phone screen protector
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

I've just put a spigen thin clear case on my Matt Black 7 Plus. It's looks a bit crap, but I was bottling it as the phone is so slippery! I have insurance, but unless I can find a decent super thin case, once the phone's a bit older I will resort to going commando again!
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I just ordered a Peel case and should be getting it early next week. I was looking for something very thin and very minimal and it seems like it will fit the bill. They're available at www.buypeel.com if interested.
    Please post a review and pics when you get it. I saw an Instagram ad about them. Has been the only Instagram ad I've clicked on.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

I hate installing screen protectors! Always 1 or 2 specks that get stuck under the screen, on matter WHAT I do!

Quote Originally Posted by rudyalexc View Post
    I hate installing screen protectors! Always 1 or 2 specks that get stuck under the screen, on matter WHAT I do!
    Have you tried doing it in a humid bathroom right after a shower? It works for me.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Have you tried doing it in a humid bathroom right after a shower? It works for me.
    Not sure if serious or trolling! Hah, I will give it a shot. Thankfully the specks are primarily in the bezel so they are out of sight when I am using the phone, but still, I'll give it a shot. I used everything the kit gave me plus my air duster, etc.
    violetjune likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,564 Global Posts

Sea blue leather
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I have heard someone say this before as well, though have never done it got myself.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Not sure if serious or trolling! Hah, I will give it a shot. Thankfully the specks are primarily in the bezel so they are out of sight when I am using the phone, but still, I'll give it a shot. I used everything the kit gave me plus my air duster, etc.
    Yeah it's a trick to get the dust out of the air (clings to the moisture from the hot shower). It's actually a trick I first heard about back in the early 2000's when modding your hard drive on your PC to put a clear acrylic window into the top cover and then modding your case to display them while running was a thing. You definitely wanted ZERO dust in the environment for that operation.

I might have to try it next time I do a screen protector. The first one I did on my 6s+ last year worked great. Then I did one on my wife's 6s a couple months later, not so great. Then my 7+ last week. That was the worst one yet. I managed to get all but a couple specs, but having to lift it back up so much I was expecting the protector to crack.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    Yeah it's a trick to get the dust out of the air (clings to the moisture from the hot shower). It's actually a trick I first heard about back in the early 2000's when modding your hard drive on your PC to put a clear acrylic window into the top cover and then modding your case to display them while running was a thing. You definitely wanted ZERO dust in the environment for that operation.

I might have to try it next time I do a screen protector. The first one I did on my 6s+ last year worked great. Then I did one on my wife's 6s a couple months later, not so great. Then my 7+ last week. That was the worst one yet. I managed to get all but a couple specs, but having to lift it back up so much I was expecting the protector to crack.
    I'm just gonna chill with this one for now. I have like 2-4 specs, and they're on the bezel, nothing major. I am good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by isuquinndog View Post
    Please post a review and pics when you get it. I saw an Instagram ad about them. Has been the only Instagram ad I've clicked on.
    Will do!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

So, I was going to get a UAG Monarch in graphite for my matte black, now I'm thinking of the Griffin survivor journey. Looks sleeker, but I don't know how the protection compares. There's a pretty big price difference though between the two. http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=cRUKmFTg Their Surivor Adventure sounds interesting, and is rated for a higher drop, but I'm not sure if I actually want a clear case. It's also new so no reviews on it. http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=faQc1t2v

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm looking for some pretty serious drop protection while hiking/camping without going full boxed in like an Otterbox or something, but still be something besides a brick. I used a Spigen Tough Armor Tech on my 6s+ but they're not making that design for the 7's.

Trolling? Why would this be trolling? This works. It's a well known trick. My brother in law also has said he puts his on under the hood vent over his stove. I tried that once but prefer doing it in a humid bathroom.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,091 Global Posts

I use this technique too at times... Works great
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I am using the Black Otterbox Symmetry on my Matte Black phone with the Alpha Glass from Otterbox. I am a big fan of the Symmetry case as I think it provides a lot of protection while also being relatively thin and easy to carry.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murtzjaffer View Post
    I am using the Black Otterbox Symmetry on my Matte Black phone with the Alpha Glass from Otterbox. I am a big fan of the Symmetry case as I think it provides a lot of protection while also being relatively thin and easy to carry.
    For me it was between the Symmetry (which I used and loved on my iPhone 6s) and Commuter (which I used early on when I had my iPhone 6s).

Commuter build quality from the iPhone 6s left a lot to be desired, so I stuck with the overall one-piece build of the Symmetry. The only problem I have with the Symmetry for the new iPhone 7 Plus is that it kind of cuts at the and and it's very slippery for how big the phone is.

I tried the Otterbox Commuter and I was IN LOVE. The build quality on the iPhone 7 Plus Commuter is leaps and bounds better than the iPhone 6/6s versions. The fitment is air-tight and super high-quality, and in some regards makes the phone slimmer than the Symmetry.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Re: Cases

I just bought the jack spade case for it
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I'm loving the black Apple leather for the black matte plus. I'm expecting delivery tomorrow of the Rhinoshield Crashguard.

iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

My wife and I had these on our 6s plus she was sitting on our porch on the second story of our house, and she dropped it onto the driveway. Easily a 15 foot fall onto an asphalt driveway. Landed on the corner and phone was perfectly fine
    Rocket_Girl and tica02 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Completely loving the slim yet protective form factor of then new face lifted Commuter.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Ohh I have been looking for a new case to try out and this looks good.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts

Ordered the Storm Gray leather case.
    eyecrispy and DianaAW like this.
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast