Anyone upgrading from iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus to iPhone 7 Plus?

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Every year I tend to say, "I'm not buying the latest iPhone...".
Then, two-three weeks after release, I'm checking shops for inventory, try to buy one. NOT THIS YEAR I TELL YA!

Current iPhone 6s Plus, and will upgrade to an iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB, with Apple Care. I might even look into a watch, too...

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have a 6S Plus there really isn't a whole lot of reasons for you to upgrade. I know If i have a 6S Plus I wouldn't upgrade to the 7 but that's just me. Like I said, the only reason I am upgrading is because my iphone 6 (4.7 inch) battery life is pretty bad and it barely lasts me a day before dying. I am getting the iphone 7 plus 128 GB but I wouldn't be upgrading again for a few years. As of right now I don't see myself buying a new iphone until iphone 9 or iphone 10 in 2020 or something like that ha.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As I sit here, I have my trusty iPhone 6 Plus at my side. Seriously considering the upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. Anyone else out there with me?

If so, what are the biggest concerns? Price? Or something more subjective like color choice?

DOOO EEEEET!!!! lol

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have a 6S Plus there really isn't a whole lot of reasons for you to upgrade. I know If i have a 6S Plus I wouldn't upgrade to the 7 but that's just me. Like I said, the only reason I am upgrading is because my iphone 6 (4.7 inch) battery life is pretty bad and it barely lasts me a day before dying. I am getting the iphone 7 plus 128 GB but I wouldn't be upgrading again for a few years. As of right now I don't see myself buying a new iphone until iphone 9 or iphone 10 in 2020 or something like that ha.

In all honesty... I'm upgrading from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus for 2 reasons. Dual cameras and stereo speakers. I take a lot of pics and videos and listen to alot of music. So those features sold me.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty... I'm upgrading from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus for 2 reasons. Dual cameras and stereo speakers. I take a lot of pics and videos and listen to alot of music. So those features sold me.

Yea it comes down to personal reasons really. In the past I only upgraded my iphone when I was up for renewal and could get the newest iphone at a discount. But now that I can't do that anymore I am just going to buy an iphone I know I will be happy with for 3 or so years because no matter how awesome the iphone 8 and iphone 8S might be, I won't be upgrading ha.

godspeed87

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I always preferred "S" models - 4S was way better than 4 and my 6S is way better than my old 6. I might pickup 7 next September when 7S will be released - this way you get the cheapest upgrades ;)

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I am really digging the black options but after watching the keynote, none of the problems I had with 6s plus were rectified so sadly I will not be getting the 7

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep 6s plus to probably the 7 plus here. Thought about the regular 7 since it now has OIS on the camera, but the increased battery of the plus will still be nice, and I use my phone as an offline GPS with Gaia for hiking so the larger screen would still be nice. For the next iPhone I'm hoping they can tone down the bezels a bit and get a larger screen in the smaller non-plus model. That would be the perfect setup.

Before I was on iPhone I had a number of Android phones the last being the 2014 Moto X that had a 5.2" screen in a phone the same height as and just a couple mm wider than the non-plus iPhone. I thought it as a great screen size, and didn't want to lose 1/2" of screen space so I went with the Plus when I jumped ship to Apple.

Anyway, yeah definitely upgrading. I'm on the Apple Upgrade Program so I figure why not :)

rowan

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I think we're out of the major upgrade cycles. What, realistically can a new phone do besides upgrade the camera, the CPU, the antenna, battery life, and the display? Those are all incremental upgrades, not break out design innovations.

Having said that, Yes, I'm getting the 7! LOL

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I will be upgrading. Really excited about this cycle. For starters I am going to be giving my Mom my Space Gray 128gb iPhone 6s+ to replace her Samsung Galaxy s5 (there is always one in the family). Now the family group chat will be all iMessage and thats actually great for a lot of reasons. In the past my Mom wouldn't even get pictures sometimes.

I am almost 95% sold on the iPhone 7+ jet black 128gb. A small part of me questions if the gloss will be a problem down the line. Of course scratches are gonna happen but I am worried about more than that. Overall though, I think the jet black actually speaks to the design that Apple wants to move towards..it almost looks like, from pictures at least, a glass back which I love! Will also be buying Airpods when they are available in October. Currently have Power Beats 2 and Bose QC35 (which are amazing). The airpods however I believe will be much better for phone calls and casual listening around the city.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I will be upgrading. Really excited about this cycle. For starters I am going to be giving my Mom my Space Gray 128gb iPhone 6s+ to replace her Samsung Galaxy s5 (there is always one in the family). Now the family group chat will be all iMessage and thats actually great for a lot of reasons. In the past my Mom wouldn't even get pictures sometimes.

I am almost 95% sold on the iPhone 7+ jet black 128gb. A small part of me questions if the gloss will be a problem down the line. Of course scratches are gonna happen but I am worried about more than that. Overall though, I think the jet black actually speaks to the design that Apple wants to move towards..it almost looks like, from pictures at least, a glass back which I love! Will also be buying Airpods when they are available in October. Currently have Power Beats 2 and Bose QC35 (which are amazing). The airpods however I believe will be much better for phone calls and casual listening around the city.

It's actually a highly polished anodized aluminum finish. Very sweet! Watch the manufacturing video on the apple website!

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I really want to upgrade my 6S+ and I'm on the Apple upgrade program but I just can't find a good reason to upgrade. Don't take a lot of pictures and I don't listen to a lot of music on the phone , so what's the advantage? I may just uipgrade my watch and stay with this phone. Then next year I'll have a phone I can trade in.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I want to upgrade so badly. I have a 64 GB Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus that I pre-ordered on the first available day to do so (September 2014). My wife has the same phone ordered at the same time but only Gold in color instead of Space Gray. So, they're coming up on two-years-old.

We did the math on upgrading to 128 GB 7 Pluses, since that is the equivalent model to our 64 GB 6 Pluses. I have had a 4, a 5, and a 6 Plus. My wife has had a 4s and then the 6 Plus (she had to keep the 4s a LONG time because we were waiting on our AT&T contract to end to let us switch to Verizon).

Anyway, the two-year upgrade price for a Verizon iPhone 7 Plus 128 Gb is $419.00. :crying: Times that by two (one for me and one for my wife), and you get $820.00. Then, add AppleCare+, which I'd want for both, and you have another $240.00 or so. AppleCare+ is $129.00 per phone. That totals out to over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. What? That's the price my grandfather paid for my first car!

If we do the Verizon payment plans, it's $36.20 per phone per month. Verizon will take $20 off the access charge for each of our phones if we do that, so that would take $40.00 off of our phone bill...but it would add around $80.00 right back to it, so we'd be paying a net difference of $40.00 more per month.

If we do the iPhone Upgrade Program, it's $41.58 a month for a 128 GB 7 Plus. So, that would be an $83.00 bill to Apple each month.

We have our first child on the way, and he is arriving in February. The money just isn't there for fun stuff like this anymore. I did an early upgrade to get my 4 and also got my 5 on release day, but I was younger and didn't feel as bad being frivolous with my money back then. Now, it hurts!

I guess we will stick with our 6 Pluses until they don't work anymore. :(

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm updating mainly because I want a different color phone this year. I'm over the space gray. The cameras sold me too, especially since I want to take more pics.

Everyone has different and valid reasons for upgrading. I can't wait to see all the pics and unboxings.

Tim Dumoulin

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6plus but I have not had it for year yet. So I will wait for tenth anniversary phone next year. But I would upgrade if my phone was two years old.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner