Anyone upgrading from iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus to iPhone 7 Plus?

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not upgrading because I traded my 6s plus in for a Note 7 and when I returned the note I didn't have a backup phone to use so I had to get something. Bought a new 6s plus and now I'm starting my year over. Looks like I'm in line for next year's model. So by trying to see how the other half lives I lost the year I had paid into my original 6s plus. Oh well. Live and learn.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Not particularly excited about the 7 this year, but I am upgrading because I can, and it makes no sense to get on the payment plan with Verizon and not upgrade every year, honestly.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6 Plus and I am upgrading to iPhone 7 Plus. I want to a black one this time. Today I saw the announcement and I think the Jet Black is too glossy to me. I probably will take the Matte Black which looks cooler.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
At first I was telling myself, why would I need an iPhone 7 when I have the 6S Plus, but Apple goes on and shows off that camera. I enjoy taking picture, of almost everything. So they got my attention, specially with the new storage capacity. I've always had 16GB iPhones, why?! I don't know, but it works for me, I'm constantly uploading the pics to my hard drive. The one thing that worries me, with 4K video, and such HQ pictures will 32GB even seem like enough storage. Or will I be forced to jump into 125GB but then I feel like I don't need all that storage.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Zero concerns, lol. I have the 6 Plus 128 GB, and I'm passing it onto my man when I get my 7 Plus 256 GB. Matte black.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I have been beta testing ios10 and the GM is fantastic! I already have a 128gig 6s Plus. It runs fast, lasts all day and works well with my Bluetooth GC35s ... hmmm, not sure yet but love the glossy black.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely planning on upgrading. I will resell my 6s plus and if I want to get the most out of it I find it's better to sell and roll that into the new phone every year vs holding on to it for the s model.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit like you James. The 5 got me into iPhone. Then 5s, then 6, then 6+ and forced to update to 6s+ due to mum having wet her 6 and had to give her the + for replacement.

During those years, I have learned that the S variety gets more bells and whistles...

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 Phone

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence - have the 6 plus now and really love my clear case that docks into a charging case for on the go and I'm afraid the new camera cutouts will make this case no longer fit. Decisions decisions. I'd mainly just upgrade for the new camera - love taking pictures and shooting video.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, no question James...do it. The upgrades to the 7+ to the 7+!are significant enough to trade up.

I was questioning my justification for trading my 6s for a 7/7+ until last night...and I believe I'll upgrade to the 7+ and try to handle the size of that device again. I went from a 6s+ down to a 6s last year because the sheer bulk of the larger phone was hard to tote around in the front pocket of my slacks all day...but I'm really wanting a bigger screen, if for no other reason other than to help my middle-aged eyes!

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I like the new features of the iPhone 7 and the matte black color looks cool, but my iPhone 6s Plus is paid for, it works great, is lightning fast, so no I will not be upgrading this year.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Went from 6s Plus to a Note. Going to sit this one out and see what the 7s Plus brings.

*UPDATE*

Looks like I'm back in the game since the Note seemed to have a bit of an explosive temper......... :D

Last edited:

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't think so, the new Plus is not very good against 6S Plus, nothing new for me, oh Stereo Speakers after decades ......

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6 Plus and I am upgrading to iPhone 7 Plus. I want to a black one this time. Today I saw the announcement and I think the Jet Black is too glossy to me. I probably will take the Matte Black which looks cooler.

That seems like the consensus around here. Of the two black options, the matte black finish seems to be the winner. Should be interesting to see what sells out first ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods