Couragegate

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
We get it, Nargg. Much anger. Many sadz. You want us to recognize your extreme displeasure, but you also need to recognize that not everyone agrees with you. That being said, for the love of god, multiquote is your friend.

Last edited:

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?

Dude I fly a lot. Across country and overseas. I have never seen anyone sit with headphones on for the entire flight. Specially 8 hours most people sleep. If it's that big of a deal use the dang headphones they give with a lightning connector for one flight. You guys are beating a dead horse now. You're making something out of nothing. Literally every thread someone out of context brings up these headphones.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I love you folks but Apple removed it because it made sense. And they knew it was a risk and people would bash them, but they also believed it was right.

In a year or two, we'll barely remember it was there.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the complaint. Are people lacking so much in free will that they will buy an iPhone that has removed a feature that they find very important?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I love you folks but Apple removed it because it made sense. And they knew it was a risk and people would bash them, but they also believed it was right.

It'll be back in 20 years, like LPs. But only the cool kids audiophiles will have them.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I noticed something today. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are on back order for some of the units. Up to Sept 30th now (with AT&T). Plus on Amazon the price has gone up on some models slightly. $799 for the 128G Space grey Plus. Seems there is a grab on the iPhone with the jack now. Plus there is some negative speculation on the button change too, which I don't have a problem with but some do. Just saying guys, those that don't need the jack, cool. Wireless is nice. But it's not the end-all be-all and folks realize this. With the jack, those that only use wireless don't miss out on anything. Without the jack, LOTS of good folks miss out on a lot. The market it reacting to the lack of a jack. BTW, The iPhone 7 is not backordered just yet for most versions. The "Jet Black" is, but that was expected and Apple told us they'd be late with those versions.

You know, I'd laugh if the 6s outsold the 7 in the month of September. :)

Last edited:

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Apple removed it because they _thought_ it made sense. Maybe in the smaller iPhone it makes sense to remove it, but not the larger iPhone 7 Plus. It doesn't make sense to remove it there at all. Other smartphones that have 86ed the jack on the smaller versions, but none of them have done that on the larger versions. That makes a LOT more sense.

Last edited:

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Apple removed it because they thought it made since. Maybe in the smaller iPhone it makes sense to remove it, but not the larger iPhone 7 Plus. It doesn't make sense to remove it there at all. Other smartphones have 86ed the jack on the smaller versions, but none of them have done that on the larger versions. That makes a LOT more sense.

Why is it different?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There were plaintive wails similar to Nargg's when Apple went from the 30 pin connector to Lightnig... and these forms we're replete with predictions of the iPhone and Apple's total demise over the change... Look how well that turned out...

For some people change is hard...

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
There were plaintive wails similar to Nargg's when Apple went from the 30 pin connector to Lightnig... and these forms we're replete with predictions of the iPhone and Apple's total demise over the change... Look how well that turned out...

For some people change is hard...

I disagree, it was not quite as similar. People realized even before it was released that the new lightning plug was better. And, when they saw it the anger was squelched immediately, as the new plug was MUCH better than before. This anger over the audio jack has been building for months, and is stronger than ever now, even causing Apple stock to dive after announcement, which has never happened before on any new iPhone announcement. Different. Very different.

I actually promote change, when it's worthwhile. Removing a feature that is useful is not change for the better. Adding more features is, but not at the expense of useful features.

Last edited:

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not a secret that they want to be more proprietary than ever before. We can either complain which will do nothing or just speak with your wallet and not buy their products. Just pick one of the two and live your life.

I was just going to comment that yes they removed the headphone jack, but why? You just answered it for me...... Greed, plain and simple!

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
No, they are NOT "clueless". They are being realistic and honest.

Honest and realistic about themselves, not others and not about this situation. Clueless was a strong word, probably not the best. Honestly, they should worry about themselves only not others. Not the desires of others, because that's where their problem is. They'd rather blast someone else for preferring and believing in what they do. That's not right. I've not blasted anyone here for wanting to use wireless. I want to use wireless too. I DO use wireless. In terms of only wireless Apple is doing great stuff. But, I also use wired audio, and use wired sensors, and use wired payment devices, I used wired telecom method when the wireless ones fail (they do too much)... Do you get my point? I will bark back at those that hate my plight, but I will never disagree that wireless is useful. It is. But wired is also useful. Removing it has made this new iPhone useless to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honest and realistic about themselves, not others and not about this situation. Clueless was a strong word, probably not the best. Honestly, they should worry about themselves only not others. Not the desires of others, because that's where their problem is. They'd rather blast someone else for preferring and believing in what they do. That's not right. I've not blasted anyone here for wanting to use wireless. I want to use wireless too. I DO use wireless. In terms of only wireless Apple is doing great stuff. But, I also use wired audio, and use wired sensors, and use wired payment devices, I used wired telecom method when the wireless ones fail (they do too much)... Do you get my point? I will bark back at those that hate my plight, but I will never disagree that wireless is useful. It is. But wired is also useful. Removing it has made this new iPhone useless to me.

If you have two viewpoints like we do in this discussion, aren't both sides thinking in terms of themselves? Yes, we are so don't make it seem that those whose viewpoint is contrary to yours is the side that's only thinking in terms of themselves when you know you are doing the same. No one here hates your plight. We understand your disdain for Apple's decision of which you've made perfectly clear. What's becoming annoying is your relentless efforts to keep pushing your point when your point has already been made. We are not Apple. We didn't make the decision to remove the earphone jack, and your disdain will not make the earphone jack reappear on the new iPhone 7 & iPhone 7S. Life will continue without the earphone jack, including yours.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh