Couragegate

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
To those saying this is no big deal. 300,000 signatures so far in this petition to brink back the audio jack https://actions.sumofus.org/a/iphone-headphone-jack
That's doesn't make it anymore of a deal and nothing will come of those signatures there are iPhone 6 and 6s with headphone Jackson and other manufactures with android that still give you that. I honestly think that is nuts so we want the Whitehouse to respond. it's joke there are more real world thinks going on than listening to folks cry a about a headphone Jack in a phone. Wow

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
That's doesn't make it anymore of a deal and nothing will come of those signatures there are iPhone 6 and 6s with headphone Jackson and other manufactures with android that still give you that. I honestly think that is nuts so we want the Whitehouse to respond. it's joke there are more real world thinks going on than listening to folks cry a about a headphone Jack in a phone. Wow

This isn't a Whitehouse petition. It's not on "that" web site. Go there and read the petition.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
When Apple sees numbers like this, even 300,000 begins to seem insignificant.

View attachment 111166

Very true, and that isn't even considering how many of the 300,000 that signed the petition won't complain and then buy an iPhone 7 anyway. I imagine there are more than just a few.

I remember a similar petition when Apple ditched the 30-pin adapter. I, for one, wasn't thrilled because I had a drawer full of 30-pin cables at home and a 30-pin dock on my nightstand. How many can honestly say they miss the 30-pin adapter today?

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Very true, and that isn't even considering how many of the 300,000 that signed the petition won't complain and then buy an iPhone 7 anyway. I imagine there are more than just a few.

I remember a similar petition when Apple ditched the 30-pin adapter. I, for one, wasn't thrilled because I had a drawer full of 30-pin cables at home and a 30-pin dock on my nightstand. How many can honestly say they miss the 30-pin adapter today?

The Lightning port adapter was an excellent replacement. I kinda was upset at the change initially there too. So far, there is no good replacement option for the audio jack. All options so far have a negative that can't be overcome. With the Lightning adapter, time and money overcame and we ended up with a better option. Similar in arguments like the floppy drive, better replaced. Far too many people still use the audio jack, and there is no good replacement that can be fixed.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
When Apple sees numbers like this, even 300,000 begins to seem insignificant.

View attachment 111166

Statistically, very few people no matter what the feel with bother. People generally don't like petition signing. That 300K bothered is a big deal. Statistically compared to what might be possible out of who is on the side of this petition argument, it's a lot. I've worked with folks in political election teams. You can usually multiply that number by many 10s on those that care about it.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Statistically, very few people no matter what the feel with bother. People generally don't like petition signing. That 300K bothered is a big deal. Statistically compared to what might be possible out of who is on the side of this petition argument, it's a lot. I've worked with folks in political election teams. You can usually multiply that number by many 10s on those that care about it.

Not to diminish your concern, but when you're looking at numbers close to 100 million, even a million people is a drop in the bucket. Apple has proven over the years that they follow consumer trends, so if the trend points to most consumers having little or no use for a headphone jack, that is what will happen. It was the same thing when Apple was still hanging on to the smaller screen size, and a very significant % of the consumer base had to make waves before they finally moved into the size range we see now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
To those saying this is no big deal. 300,000 signatures so far in this petition to brink back the audio jack https://actions.sumofus.org/a/iphone-headphone-jack

Petitioning is futile... quixotic even. Give it time... Where there's a demand for accessories, Apple and 3rd party manufactures will meet needs that there's a profitable market for... funny how capitalism works like that...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh how our first world problems have become so trivial. Really something as trivial as no headphone jack, for which Apple is supplying an adapter for. In this day and age we can not all have what we want when it comes to change. But we must be more willing to accept change, whether we like it or not, because it will continue to happen and leave us behind if we do not learn to accept it.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Oh how our first world problems have become so trivial. Really something as trivial as no headphone jack, for which Apple is supplying an adapter for. In this day and age we can not all have what we want when it comes to change. But we must be more willing to accept change, whether we like it or not, because it will continue to happen and leave us behind if we do not learn to accept it.

Voicing concerns about something that displeases a person as a consumer is just as essential as learning to accept change within the consumer electronics world. I don't think telling someone "Get over it and accept it." is any better than someone going off the deep end over something like this is. There is nothing to gain by being too extreme on either end of that spectrum. Consumers should find a happy middle ground of acceptance and vocalized concern (if applicable). Keeps these companies on their toes while also grounding consumers in realistic expectations.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I love the new wireless audio options on the iPhone 7. However, removing the audio jack was not courageous. It was stupid and greedy of Apple to try to change the World to their narrow vision in this manor. You know, the wheel was invented centuries ago, but cars still use it. Know why? Because it works. I've used smart phones with dongles for audio jacks before, and those stink. Looks like I'll be saving money this year and waiting for Apple to come to their senses on the 7s.
My question is will the new macbook pros have a lightning port?. I use headphones a lot and I normally switch btw multiple devices. Bluetooth can be a pain to unpair and pair and only iPhones and iPads have lightning ports. I will not buy headphones that are only compatible with one device. That introduces more wires not less.
PS I also refuse to have q-tips dangling from my ears (160? Ha!!)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
More likely looking long term.

Mac Books will have all Lightning. But there is the questions what about USB-C. since that does the same thing, Audio, power, and also video.

What we are looking at is current Apple already is on year 3 on development.

Apple doesn't care if you will buy them or not, there is market they hold in Beats to make up for it.....

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
My question is will the new macbook pros have a lightning port?. I use headphones a lot and I normally switch btw multiple devices. Bluetooth can be a pain to unpair and pair and only iPhones and iPads have lightning ports. I will not buy headphones that are only compatible with one device. That introduces more wires not less.
PS I also refuse to have q-tips dangling from my ears (160? Ha!!)
Then your best friend will be the $9 dongle 😀

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73