Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 333
Like Tree443Likes
  1. #201  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    robertk328 likes this.
  2. #202  

    Default Couragegate

    We get it, Nargg. Much anger. Many sadz. You want us to recognize your extreme displeasure, but you also need to recognize that not everyone agrees with you. That being said, for the love of god, multiquote is your friend.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 09-10-2016 at 12:27 PM.
  3. #203  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    Those that keep saying "you'll get used to it." are clueless. ....
    No, they are NOT "clueless". They are being realistic and honest.
  4. #204  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,497 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,088 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Lol. Is this still going on? 9 pages strong of one dudes hatred of all things dongles and moving forward in to the future.
  5. #205  
    Xm_jdm's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,497 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,088 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    No thanks

    There are plenty of options with the 3.5mm jack if you want one. It just won't be an iPhone 7 and beyond unless somehow they reverse direction.
    I was kidding. Online petitions are dumb.
  6. #206  
    violetjune's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,314 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    OK, those who don't understand the fuss. Explain why it would get this level of attention?

    This is hilarious ❤️❤️❤️
  7. #207  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?
    Dude I fly a lot. Across country and overseas. I have never seen anyone sit with headphones on for the entire flight. Specially 8 hours most people sleep. If it's that big of a deal use the dang headphones they give with a lightning connector for one flight. You guys are beating a dead horse now. You're making something out of nothing. Literally every thread someone out of context brings up these headphones.
  8. #208  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by violetjune View Post
    This is hilarious ❤️❤️❤️
    Downright funny as heck!......I loved it!
    Tartarus and violetjune like this.
  9. #209  
    Rene Ritchie's Avatar
    iMore Actual

    Posts
    1,937 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,502 Global Posts

    Default Couragegate

    I love you folks but Apple removed it because it made sense. And they knew it was a risk and people would bash them, but they also believed it was right.

    In a year or two, we'll barely remember it was there.
  10. #210  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    I don't get the complaint. Are people lacking so much in free will that they will buy an iPhone that has removed a feature that they find very important?
  11. #211  
    firstborn80's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    339 Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by violetjune View Post
    This is hilarious ❤️❤️❤️
    I thought it was pretty funny as well. I also thought it was hilarious that it was being taken so seriously!
    violetjune likes this.
  12. #212  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    I love you folks but Apple removed it because it made sense. And they knew it was a risk and people would bash them, but they also believed it was right.

    In a year or two, we'll barely remember it was there.
    It'll be back in 20 years, like LPs. But only the cool kids audiophiles will have them.
    kch50428 likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #213  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    I noticed something today. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are on back order for some of the units. Up to Sept 30th now (with AT&T). Plus on Amazon the price has gone up on some models slightly. $799 for the 128G Space grey Plus. Seems there is a grab on the iPhone with the jack now. Plus there is some negative speculation on the button change too, which I don't have a problem with but some do. Just saying guys, those that don't need the jack, cool. Wireless is nice. But it's not the end-all be-all and folks realize this. With the jack, those that only use wireless don't miss out on anything. Without the jack, LOTS of good folks miss out on a lot. The market it reacting to the lack of a jack. BTW, The iPhone 7 is not backordered just yet for most versions. The "Jet Black" is, but that was expected and Apple told us they'd be late with those versions.

    You know, I'd laugh if the 6s outsold the 7 in the month of September.
    Last edited by Nargg; 09-10-2016 at 06:34 PM.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #214  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    I love you folks but Apple removed it because it made sense. And they knew it was a risk and people would bash them, but they also believed it was right.

    In a year or two, we'll barely remember it was there.
    Apple removed it because they _thought_ it made sense. Maybe in the smaller iPhone it makes sense to remove it, but not the larger iPhone 7 Plus. It doesn't make sense to remove it there at all. Other smartphones that have 86ed the jack on the smaller versions, but none of them have done that on the larger versions. That makes a LOT more sense.
    Last edited by Nargg; 09-10-2016 at 07:49 PM.
  15. #215  
    aokusman1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    Apple removed it because they thought it made since. Maybe in the smaller iPhone it makes sense to remove it, but not the larger iPhone 7 Plus. It doesn't make sense to remove it there at all. Other smartphones have 86ed the jack on the smaller versions, but none of them have done that on the larger versions. That makes a LOT more sense.
    Why is it different?
  16. #216  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    There were plaintive wails similar to Nargg's when Apple went from the 30 pin connector to Lightnig... and these forms we're replete with predictions of the iPhone and Apple's total demise over the change... Look how well that turned out...

    For some people change is hard...
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #217  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    There were plaintive wails similar to Nargg's when Apple went from the 30 pin connector to Lightnig... and these forms we're replete with predictions of the iPhone and Apple's total demise over the change... Look how well that turned out...

    For some people change is hard...
    I disagree, it was not quite as similar. People realized even before it was released that the new lightning plug was better. And, when they saw it the anger was squelched immediately, as the new plug was MUCH better than before. This anger over the audio jack has been building for months, and is stronger than ever now, even causing Apple stock to dive after announcement, which has never happened before on any new iPhone announcement. Different. Very different.

    I actually promote change, when it's worthwhile. Removing a feature that is useful is not change for the better. Adding more features is, but not at the expense of useful features.
    Last edited by Nargg; 09-10-2016 at 07:59 PM.
  18. #218  
    Ricktye's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    It's not a secret that they want to be more proprietary than ever before. We can either complain which will do nothing or just speak with your wallet and not buy their products. Just pick one of the two and live your life.
    I was just going to comment that yes they removed the headphone jack, but why? You just answered it for me...... Greed, plain and simple!
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #219  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    No, they are NOT "clueless". They are being realistic and honest.
    Honest and realistic about themselves, not others and not about this situation. Clueless was a strong word, probably not the best. Honestly, they should worry about themselves only not others. Not the desires of others, because that's where their problem is. They'd rather blast someone else for preferring and believing in what they do. That's not right. I've not blasted anyone here for wanting to use wireless. I want to use wireless too. I DO use wireless. In terms of only wireless Apple is doing great stuff. But, I also use wired audio, and use wired sensors, and use wired payment devices, I used wired telecom method when the wireless ones fail (they do too much)... Do you get my point? I will bark back at those that hate my plight, but I will never disagree that wireless is useful. It is. But wired is also useful. Removing it has made this new iPhone useless to me.
  20. #220  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    Honest and realistic about themselves, not others and not about this situation. Clueless was a strong word, probably not the best. Honestly, they should worry about themselves only not others. Not the desires of others, because that's where their problem is. They'd rather blast someone else for preferring and believing in what they do. That's not right. I've not blasted anyone here for wanting to use wireless. I want to use wireless too. I DO use wireless. In terms of only wireless Apple is doing great stuff. But, I also use wired audio, and use wired sensors, and use wired payment devices, I used wired telecom method when the wireless ones fail (they do too much)... Do you get my point? I will bark back at those that hate my plight, but I will never disagree that wireless is useful. It is. But wired is also useful. Removing it has made this new iPhone useless to me.
    If you have two viewpoints like we do in this discussion, aren't both sides thinking in terms of themselves? Yes, we are so don't make it seem that those whose viewpoint is contrary to yours is the side that's only thinking in terms of themselves when you know you are doing the same. No one here hates your plight. We understand your disdain for Apple's decision of which you've made perfectly clear. What's becoming annoying is your relentless efforts to keep pushing your point when your point has already been made. We are not Apple. We didn't make the decision to remove the earphone jack, and your disdain will not make the earphone jack reappear on the new iPhone 7 & iPhone 7S. Life will continue without the earphone jack, including yours.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-10-2016 at 08:27 PM.
  21. #221  
    Sekelani Zwambila's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Easy.... just carry one of these with you.

    Attachment 111165
    Lol. Point taken but you have to buy this which is annoying.
  22. #222  
    Raptor007's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,963 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Waterproof case companies are going to have some work ahead of them to insure their transition from the aux port to a lightning port that didn't need to be water tight before is this time. I agree with many that the removal of Aux to push users to BT was a move on their part as a money grab with beats and their Air Pods that I frank think will be sub par on the audio front. Their stock headphones suck and hardly stay in and lack of wires will be a problem is you are doing anything like running, or working outside they will get lost and you may or may not notice it immediately.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #223  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    If you have two viewpoints like we do in this discussion, aren't both sides thinking in terms of themselves? Yes, we are so don't make it seem that those whose viewpoint is contrary to yours is the side that's only thinking in terms of themselves when you know you are doing the same. No one here hates your plight. We understand your disdain for Apple's decision of which you've made perfectly clear. What's becoming annoying is your relentless efforts to keep pushing your point when your point has already been made. We are not Apple. We didn't make the decision to remove the earphone jack, and your disdain will not make the earphone jack reappear on the new iPhone 7 & iPhone 7S. Life will continue without the earphone jack, including yours.
    Not exactly. The "Wireless only" side is bashing on the other even though they lose nothing either way. They lose out no matter what at this point. IMHO they have no argument at all in this. The "Wire" side is on the losing end. They lost a good feature that didn't need to go. I don't get why you don't get that. Unless you are being obstinate and pushy like them. Disrespecting those that are losing out. Not a good place for a moderator. You keep pushing back relentlessly too. You are no better, IMHO. And, Life? Really? Is it that deep for you? Is other's loss good for your life? Wow.
    Last edited by Nargg; 09-10-2016 at 10:23 PM.
  24. #224  

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Moderators are just like any other user on this board. They have opinions and are entitled to it. They don't have to take sides nor do they have to agree. Just because you hold a title doesn't mean "they have to act different to please others" I have seen both sides on this discussion.... It maybe time to let it go on both sides because WE can't change anything.

    Remember we are talking about a headphone jack that we DO NOT have control over it being gone or did any of us have a influence on why it's gone.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #225  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Couragegate

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Moderators are just like any other user on this board. They have opinions and are entitled to it. They don't have to take sides nor do they have to agree. Just because you hold a title doesn't mean "they have to act different to please others" I have seen both sides on this discussion.... It maybe time to let it go on both sides because WE can't change anything.

    Remember we are talking about a headphone jack that we DO NOT have control over it being gone or did any of us have a influence on why it's gone.
    But you do have control over you. You can be and seem to be respectful of others. I feel he is not respectful of me and others here that agree this is a problem for the iPhone and our decision to support this line of smartphones. He has lost nothing. Yet he has used inflammatory words to try to quell a message that I feel does not need to be stopped. Change can be made by action. Thanks for your consideration of this issue, and the support of those that want to let their disdain of this change known.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions