For those of you saying you won't be able to use the AirPods on long flights are obviously forgetting they come in a case that charges the airpods for up to 24 hours before itself needs to be charged. So theoretically you use the AirPods for 5 hours then they die put them into the charging case and a 15 min charge is supposed to give you 3 hours of extra use. So bam 8 hours or more if you charge them longer.
    If anyone is willing to spend $160 on those things, they're better off spending that money on better Bluetooth headphones/pods.
    aokusman1 and libra89 like this.
    09-09-2016 09:33 AM
    If anyone is willing to spend $160 on those things, they're better off spending that money on better Bluetooth headphones/pods.
    Finally, this is what makes better sense. I am all for buying a pair of wireless BT headphones.

My issue about the audio jack is I have two cars that rely on being able to use the headphone jack and charge the device at the same time. They are older cars so no BT. I am not about to go out and buy new cars so that I can do this fairly simple and basic task.

I know, I know, soon there will be this dual charging / audio jack dongles galore from 3rd party vendors and heck even Apple might make one so that they can keep their customers "delighted" and make more money of their base.

Pretty soon we will have more dongles than we can count floating around everywhere and every dongle lost or that needs replacing is music to Apple's bottom line.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-09-2016 10:58 AM
    You can get Bluetooth devices that your phone will connect to that you can plug into your dated car audio system...
    robertk328 likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:08 AM
    it doesnt bother me, if it helped with the water resistance Im all for it...
    Murpheee likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:29 AM
    When they said courage I laughed at loud. It didn't make sense to say that. I don't get why everyone thinks this is a money grab by Apple. Looks like they needed the space to do stuff internally in the 7. I just wish that they included wireless headphones instead of the lightning ones.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:49 AM
    My issue about the audio jack is I have two cars that rely on being able to use the headphone jack and charge the device at the same time. They are older cars so no BT. I am not about to go out and buy new cars so that I can do this fairly simple and basic task.
    I spent like $50 a couple of years ago on a bluetooth system for my car, a 2008 Tahoe that was only equipped with the AUX jack. Honestly it doesn't take much to get bluetooth in older cars right now.
    kch50428, Laura Knotek and cwbcpa like this.
    09-09-2016 11:54 AM
    I think the demand for the 7 (except for that Jet Black version) has cooled tremendously compared to the 6 and even the 6s. When my wife and I pre-ordered our 6 Pluses on pre-order day in 2014, it was like 6:00 P.M. by the time we made it to the Verizon store. We were porting our numbers from AT&T, so I wanted to do it at the store. That late in the day, orders were already backed out to late October early November. I just checked on Verizon's website in regards to the 7, and even now, at 2:30 in the afternoon (Central Time), I can still get one shipped to me by the end of September.

I think the removal of the headphone jack has left a bad taste in people's mouths and it's going to take a while to recover. Not saying the 7 isn't selling well. Because it is, I am sure. I just think its demand is not on par with the 6.
    09-09-2016 02:24 PM
    The 6 was a new design factor from previous thus more people ordering... The 6 to the 7 by looks is not different besides internal and a few outside merits... Just .02
    09-09-2016 02:28 PM
    The 6 was a new design factor from previous thus more people ordering... The 6 to the 7 by looks is not different besides internal and a few outside merits... Just .02
    That is true. Perhaps next year's 10 year anniversary iPhone will be the real scramble to buy.

Kind of wish I was like Rene and got every new Apple phone and device regardless. Haha!
    09-09-2016 02:30 PM
    lol Don't we all wish we were. I can see Next year just being called iPhone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:33 PM
    Well, my wife and I voted with my wallets and decided not to support Apple's latest shenanigans. The removal of the headphone jack was a deal breaker for my wife, and to some degree me as well. Considering that there is nothing special about my wife that would cause her to vote this way (she's not an audiophile like me), I can see many more people feeling the same way.

I'm sticking to my iPhone 6s Plus and Note 7 (post replacement).
    09-09-2016 05:23 PM
    What's the advantage of removing to jack?
    It's advantageous to take the bad press now than to let it overshadow a major redesign in the next couple of years.

At some point, Apple will truly utilize the space freed up by the removal of the headphone jack, but that's it.
    09-09-2016 05:44 PM
    Look back to when Apple quit floppy drives... Same thing here. Get over it. Move on. Apple has... to keep the audio jack around just "because it's always been done this way" is foolhardy.
    Far from the same thing. There was better replacements for the floppy, and the floppy was NOT being used any more. The jack is, and continues to be used, else they wouldn't provide an excuse for a replacement in a dongle. Did Apple provide "Dongle floppies?"
    09-09-2016 07:49 PM
    it doesnt bother me, if it helped with the water resistance Im all for it...
    It didn't. That was an excuse. Water resistance "not proof" is done with other phones that still have a jack.
    09-09-2016 07:50 PM
    OK, those who don't understand the fuss. Explain why it would get this level of attention?

violetjune likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:52 PM
    For those of you saying you won't be able to use the AirPods on long flights are obviously forgetting they come in a case that charges the airpods for up to 24 hours before itself needs to be charged. So theoretically you use the AirPods for 5 hours then they die put them into the charging case and a 15 min charge is supposed to give you 3 hours of extra use. So bam 8 hours or more if you charge them longer.
    For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?
    09-09-2016 07:53 PM
    I'm confident by that time most people won't have any 3.5mm jack headphones laying around.

I know for sure I will buy a decent headphone with lightning plug.
    Not likely at all. the Lightning plug is a proprietary plug. Apple only. 3.5mm jack is an open standard free for any company to use. Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure that one out.
    09-09-2016 07:55 PM
    The audio jack is on its way out, and Apple just stopped using it...
    Let's talk in 20 years. I bet you that jack will still be around, and Apple will move to ANOTHER proprietary non-standard they can make money from.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:56 PM
    For the whole flight. You'd have to wait for them to recharge in the case before you can use them again. It's not instant. Wow. You even went there?
    Everyone needs a break here and there. I doubt I could listen to music or whatever non stop for 8 hours.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:56 PM
    Not likely at all. the Lightning plug is a proprietary plug. Apple only. 3.5mm jack is an open standard free for any company to use. Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure that one out.
    I don't agree. People who mainly use their iPhone as their primary music device, will not feel the need to buy other listening devices for the go. They will eventually feel the need to buy better headphones than the stock ones Apple delivers.
    Over time they won't have any 3.5mm left at all.

That's what I said and I am still 100% behind my words in that regard.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:58 PM
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-09-2016 08:15 PM
    They are giving away 1 adapter. It will get lost, due to it's small size. Then how much to replace? Adapters were used before on older Smartphones before the iPhone, they had dongles. They were hated then, and will be hated now.
    - more expense. (P.S. the iPhone 7 Plus went up $20!!!)
    - more connections
    - more lost items
    - less operability.
    = not good.
    Simple my friend. Just don't lose it. It's just like with anything that you own. If you lose it then you obviously have to pay for another one.
    09-09-2016 10:03 PM
    09-09-2016 10:07 PM
    I'll take "Couragegate" over "phone-blow'd-up-gate" any day. 😄
    Tartarus, kch50428, Xm_jdm and 2 others like this.
    09-10-2016 04:33 AM
    Wireless and Bluetooth is hopeless for headphones, not only do they not sound as good but guaranteed every now and again they will be flat when you want to use them, been there done that and not interested in adapters, what about us parents with teenagers we supposed to buy them Bluetooth headphones and then more chargers and leads to wreck, how many lightening cables do they go through now Apple and you want them to have adapters on hand lol.
    09-10-2016 06:18 AM
333 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD