Like, comment and sign everyone.
    No thanks

There are plenty of options with the 3.5mm jack if you want one. It just won't be an iPhone 7 and beyond unless somehow they reverse direction.
    firedept10 likes this.
    09-08-2016 08:33 PM
    Oh good, it's you again. That wasn't really my point. Nobody will miss the headphone jack in a few years.
    They probably won't but when Apple's forced to recognize USB C they're going to have to change their standards again; making even more headphones obsolete.
    09-08-2016 08:38 PM
    They probably won't but when Apple's forced to recognize USB C they're going to have to change their standards again; making even more headphones obsolete.
    Obsolete? Don't think so. They'll just include an lightning to USB C adapter instead of the 3.5 to lightning.
    09-08-2016 08:40 PM
    No thanks

There are plenty of options with the 3.5mm jack if you want one. It just won't be an iPhone 7 and beyond unless somehow they reverse direction.
    "After the launch of the iPhone 7 we received complaints about the missing audio jack... Due to loss in sales customer feedback, we are bringing back the 3.5 mm headphone jack." - Tim Cook

:P
    09-08-2016 08:40 PM
    Obsolete? Don't think so. They'll just include an lightning to USB C adapter instead of the 3.5 to lightning.
    A 3.5 to lightning to USB C adapter? Its just not making any sense.
    09-08-2016 08:41 PM
    That episode will be called Donglegate instead of the current CouragegatešŸ˜
    Rob Phillips and libra89 like this.
    09-08-2016 08:42 PM
    A 3.5 to lightning to USB C adapter? Its just not making any sense.
    Please re-read. I said lightning to USB c.
    09-08-2016 08:44 PM
    That episode will be called Donglegate instead of the current Couragegate
    Okay, I'll bite. What percentage of actual Apple customers are calling it Couragegate?

And who is to say it wasn't for trolling purposes?
    09-08-2016 08:45 PM
    Please re-read. I said lightning to USB c.
    So we'll need a USB-C to lightning adapter to plug into our lightning to 3.5mm adapter to plug into our headphones.
    iOS Gravity, Tartarus and libra89 like this.
    09-08-2016 08:46 PM
    So we'll need a USB-C to lightning adapter to plug into our lightning to 3.5mm adapter to plug into our headphones.
    I'm confident by that time most people won't have any 3.5mm jack headphones laying around.

I know for sure I will buy a decent headphone with lightning plug.
    09-08-2016 08:47 PM
    One thing is certain. Apple is the undisputed king of needing an adaptor to do simple things.

I guess the road to wireless is paved with dongles.

Looking forward to the 7+ though....for sure
    09-08-2016 09:12 PM
    09-08-2016 09:33 PM
    Ding Dong
    Who's there?
    Double Dongle...
    09-08-2016 09:42 PM
    One thing is certain. Apple is the undisputed king of needing an adaptor to do simple things.

I guess the road to wireless is paved with dongles.

Looking forward to the 7+ though....for sure
    Small price to pay for backward compatibility.
    09-08-2016 09:43 PM
    They are giving away 1 adapter. It will get lost, due to it's small size. Then how much to replace? Adapters were used before on older Smartphones before the iPhone, they had dongles. They were hated then, and will be hated now.
    - more expense. (P.S. the iPhone 7 Plus went up $20!!!)
    - more connections
    - more lost items
    - less operability.
    = not good.
    The Apple Lightning to 3.5" plug is $9. Also, the iPhone 7 storage options are up 100%! iPhone 7 has IP67 water resistance. Darker and shinier black finishes. Non-physical and customizable Home button. Better camera. Retina HD display with wider color gamut. Faster chip. Stereo speakers. Faster LTE. iOS 10.

=

It's not all bad.
    09-08-2016 09:44 PM
    Disclaimer: I do intend to purchase two iPhone 7 devices.
    That doesn't mean that I cannot find Apple's #JackOff decision to be boneheaded. I get it that despite all the reasons pointed out during the keynote and afterwards this is basically all about $$$....the "Courage" reason is pure marketing PR and Apple does Marketing better than any other company out there. If they were truly doing it because of "Courage" they would have had the guts to say that it's all about bringing in more revenue.
    1. #1 wireless BT headphones are Beats = more $$$ for Apple
    2. Every MFi certified dongle or headphones = licensing fee per widget sold
    3. Every time you lose a dongle, $9 per one
    4. Throw in the towel and buy Air Pods = even more $$$ for Apple

This is only a ploy to line their pockets, plain and simple. This is only a win-win scenario for Apple.
    Last edited by worldspy99; 09-09-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Omonja and dejanh like this.
    09-08-2016 09:51 PM
    For those of you saying you won't be able to use the AirPods on long flights are obviously forgetting they come in a case that charges the airpods for up to 24 hours before itself needs to be charged. So theoretically you use the AirPods for 5 hours then they die put them into the charging case and a 15 min charge is supposed to give you 3 hours of extra use. So bam 8 hours or more if you charge them longer.
    Tartarus and robertk328 like this.
    09-09-2016 01:33 AM
    More stuff to take care of, more stuff to charge, more stuff to buy from, um, Apple, more money fo A...!
    09-09-2016 04:49 AM
    Bluetooth has been out for years now I don't see why this is such a big deal. I've been using LG Tone Pros for the last two years. They are comfortable and work with every device I own. My last to sets of EarPods were given to others. Time to move on.
    09-09-2016 07:45 AM
    Ding Dong
    Who's there?
    Double Dongle...
    That's what she said?
    09-09-2016 07:47 AM
    Those that keep saying "you'll get used to it." are clueless. Dongles for audio were a thing 10+ years ago, and globally hated. Though smartphones back then were few, so it was not a big story. But users still hated them very much. Apple brought out the iPhone and touted that it had the jack. This jack is NOT legacy. I'll use the example again of it's like saying the wheel is legacy. Sure it's an old design, but it works and works better than anything else that tries to replace it. Not is all situations, no. But for more things than just one too. Saying it's old is an excuse to force people to buy things by removing an option that was not needed to be removed.

The NYT has an article on Apple's reputation, and how it's changes are starting to damage it's reputation. People are paying attention to this, and seeing it as a problem. Apple went too far. That's not a first for them, as Apple has back peddled before on other decisions. Though none this big.

This morning, I did a few simple checks to sites selling the iPhone. None seem overwhelmed as to make the purchase difficult. Being one that I've sat patiently waiting for the time to pre-order I've seen the site crashes and quick sell outs of iPhone before. I'm not seeing that this morning. The shipping dates have not slipped yet. And, with Apple refusing to state sales number this time saying "it's more about supply than demain" which is utter B.S. as the sales are driven by pre-orders and don't stop once the phones are gone. They can still sell the iPhone for later delivery.

All of us can only hope that Apple's next risky move is not any worse than this one.
    09-09-2016 07:59 AM
    Look back to when Apple quit floppy drives... Same thing here. Get over it. Move on. Apple has... to keep the audio jack around just "because it's always been done this way" is foolhardy.
    firedept10 and firstborn80 like this.
    09-09-2016 08:31 AM
    Look back to when Apple quit floppy drives... Same thing here. Get over it. Move on. Apple has... to keep the audio jack around just "because it's always been done this way" is foolhardy.
    How is it the same thing? Floppy was already on its way out and Apple just stopped using it early, same with the cd drive. The headphone jack is super useful and Apple replaced it with proprietary standard. That's the real issue. All other phone will replace the headphone jack with USB-C, which Apple will have on its laptops.
    09-09-2016 08:46 AM
    How is it the same thing? Floppy was already on its way out and Apple just stopped using it early, same with the cd drive...
    The audio jack is on its way out, and Apple just stopped using it...
    09-09-2016 09:20 AM
    The audio jack is on its way out, and Apple just stopped using it...
    What's the advantage of removing to jack?
    09-09-2016 09:26 AM
333 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD