Two disappointments

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Next year would be the iPhone 7S, but I wonder if they'll even call it that...or assign a number to it at all.

I am going out on a personal limb and will state now.. there will not be an iPhone 7S.. it will either be the iPhone 8 or they will call it something different like Anniversary Edition. I can't see a radical body change and just adding an "s" to the 7. Would make no sense, with a physical change. 4 to 4s = no body change / 5 to 5s = no body change / 6 to 6s no body change 7 to 10-year anniversary with body change = no "s" Just my prediction.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the overall body design will stay the same actually. I think the big changes will be wireless charging and the new screen tech among the usual camera bumps and processor bump. That's my prediction.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the overall body design will stay the same actually. I think the big changes will be wireless charging and the new screen tech among the usual camera bumps and processor bump. That's my prediction.

I meant radical as in hopefully wrapped OLED glass edges, maybe no home button at all, but virtual on the screen. Not a size or shape difference. But enough that calling it a 7S would not fit.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I am going out on a personal limb and will state now.. there will not be an iPhone 7S.. it will either be the iPhone 8 or they will call it something different like Anniversary Edition. I can't see a radical body change and just adding an "s" to the 7. Would make no sense, with a physical change. 4 to 4s = no body change / 5 to 5s = no body change / 6 to 6s no body change 7 to 10-year anniversary with body change = no "s" Just my prediction.

You could be right or way off course. Who knows? You mentioned "naming convention" that's why I said 7S. If they stick with the same naming convention it will be called the 7S. Apple may shocked us with something we never thought of. It could also be the reason there wasn't a big change in body style this year. They may be saving it for next year. Again, we don't know. Only thing we can guarantee is that it'll be the 10th anniversary iPhone.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm excited for the new phone. Cannot pick between jet black or matte black. Both look awesome. I was just a little disappointed to see no Apple Pencil support and that the screen was essentially the same as the 6s plus.

I think that in the R&D lab, Apple is already 2 or 3 iPhones ahead.
I think they've already built such a phone but we will see that next year.
Personally, I find myself often using my phone and iPad at the same time, so I use the pencil with my iPad while typing on my phone.
I'm not sure if Apple planned on catering to ambidextrous people but it turns out they do, lol.

The one thing one must remember about Apple is they absolutely do not give a fig about who does it first, they're more than happy to let other manufacturers screw it up before them... So Apple can do it fashionably late but bang on perfect.

The only thing that bugs me about Apple is I wish they'd make enough devices to give everyone a September 16 delivery date, lol.
Because by the end of the month, this evilguppy will most likely look like an electrocuted fish and twitch just as convincingly, lol.

avivzan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I posted it earlier in this thread, but the more I look at the internal design, and the location of where the previous 3.5mm hardware was, I'm almost convinced now that it was a move to make room for their home button taptic feedback engine, especially given how much Apple values the home button vs. essentially any other feature on the device over the years (as it is one of the last straggler pieces from the original iPhone that is still somewhat in place).

no room? have you seen how huge the iphone is? am i the only one here that realize that we been played by apple with this BS of more space for more important things?

guys look at the iphone 6S plus and see the size of the taptic feedback engine, and tell me afterwards if you think that there is not enough space, how come that almost every other company today who makes slimmers phones than the iphone can put a headphone jack.

you know what's even funnier in all this story, apple filed a patent for a slimmer headphone jack back in 2011. now please tell me why we have to give up to every BS apple tell us, do you think they would bring back the headphone jack later and say we are sorry we were wrong...

apple never say sorry for their mistakes and never admit them which for me it's a big turn off.

let me tell you what's going to happen next year, apple going to make a completely new iPhone which will be the iphone 10 years anniversary and it will be a slimmer and smaller and apple will say that they cut the size of the taptic engine by half to make this phone so small.

and all of us will be very happy and think omg half of the size that's a great innovation and the iphone is so small now we have to buy it now because our iphone 7 plus is so big and could we handle such a big phone before...

I wish we could all be more critical at the gadget we buy from the company we love and not trying to justify what they are doing all the time.

this is 2016 i think that we should already get a smaller iphone, with a better screen, bigger battery and a headphone jack and not give up to a sell pitch that Phil Schiller gave us that you can hear from his defensive voice at the keynote that don't really believe what he is saying...

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree with MonkeyJunky. Room to put a massive vibrator? Really? poor decision on Apple's part IMHO. Especially on the Plus version. Apple messed up. And is now the brunt of jokes and negativity. Sorry. Apple should have done better.

jaimeastin

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.
What space?! Look at the iPod nano... it is super small and look at the headphone jack. If Apple needs to remove space, gid rid of the bezel. There was no need to remove it, period. It could have stayed along with this new wires tech... So now you buy new headphones and have to carry an adaptor... They are the king of adaptors ... All of their corded products break and have to be replaced far to often.. apple is just being greedy and arrogant. This was not bold or courageous... They are not fighting a war or saving lives... They want your money.. and for 90% of people, they will never notice a higher sound quality if there is even one at all.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
What space?! Look at the iPod nano... it is super small and look at the headphone jack. If Apple needs to remove space, gid rid of the bezel. There was no need to remove it, period. It could have stayed along with this new wires tech... So now you buy new headphones and have to carry an adaptor... They are the king of adaptors ... All of their corded products break and have to be replaced far to often.. apple is just being greedy and arrogant. This was not bold or courageous... They are not fighting a war or saving lives... They want your money.. and for 90% of people, they will never notice a higher sound quality if there is even one at all.

Wow. Just gotta agree to the quality part, but the arrogant pat, hard to argue against.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think mentioning the Note 7 after their last recall helps you make your point, what with all the negative attention it gets due to the recall.

With any due respect this is a very silly post. The fact that the Note 7 is waterproof DESPITE having a headphone socket proves that it can be done. This is very basic logic. Apple must have removed the headphone socket for some other reason.

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
With any due respect this is a very silly post. The fact that the Note 7 is waterproof DESPITE having a headphone socket proves that it can be done. This is very basic logic. Apple must have removed the headphone socket for some other reason.

Yes, a new pressure sensitive home button and a bigger Taptic Engine. Which is pretty awesome by the way.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Exactly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73