Two disappointments

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
What would bother you if the jack was still there? Probably not. I love wireless myself, but also use wired connection from time to time and hate losing that as an option. "I want fewer options" said no one ever.
I'm 51, and I've seen certain technology come and go. This one is on the way out. I also own a little (very) Apple stock... And if this is good for their bottom line, I'm happy.
You have all the power as the consumer, if the market pans this move via poor sales. Then they screwed the pooch. They didn't.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm 51, and I've seen certain technology come and go. This one is on the way out. I also own a little (very) Apple stock... And if this is good for their bottom line, I'm happy.
You have all the power as the consumer, if the market pans this move via poor sales. Then they screwed the pooch. They didn't.

Well, there is enough noise on the internet, I'd say they messed up. Final sales numbers may tell, so we'll see. I seriously doubt it will help their stock price. BTW, I'm at your age too. Not all technology changes are well accepted. This to me is like Microsoft removing the Start button. Guess what, it's back now...

This petition already has over 300,000 signatures https://actions.sumofus.org/a/iphone-headphone-jack

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How are we going to charge the phone and use headphone to listen to music at the same time? Unnecessary hassle to say the least.

Get a wireless headset to go with the wired one. There's some great Bluetooth sets at decent prices. Use those while charging.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
More stuff to carry around? ;)

Here you go!
01749a9ca9efef5d42803b3e540fe47b.jpg

TubbyMcgee

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I am kind of concerned that with a subway filled with people using the new airppods that they might crosslink. Thats a lot of wireless chatter if 50 or more people are within close proximity of each other. Im anxious to see how this works out. Seems like too much radio waves with wifi-BT-NFC-whatever wireless protocol apple is using for these W1 chips. I really know nothing about the science. Just seems like tapping and jamming might become an issue.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.

Using a proprietary standard is not pushing the industry forward. Nobody in the industry will use lightening.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes and it better be true as I'm holding out for next year.

Yes...and add that fact to the fact that my 6s is working perfectly, and you have my reasons for being "on the fence" about an upgrade. It has nothing to do with the jack or lack of a jack.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes...and add that fact to the fact that my 6s is working perfectly, and you have my reasons for being "on the fence" about an upgrade. It has nothing to do with the jack or lack of a jack.

Indeed. I would probably find a way to live with the jack-less iPhone if I decided to upgrade. But I feel my iPhone 6 can easily give me another year so I'd rather wait for the "10th anniversary special".

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
And now you gotta pay 40 dollars for the privilege of a charging your phone and listening to music.

Bargain.

/sarcasm

I don't understand.. you're (people) are willing to spend $800 on a phone, but cry over a $40 adapter? Stick with the 6 or 6S for a while then. I was a bit sad about losing the port, but life goes onward.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit