Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 97 of 97
Like Tree63Likes
  1. #76  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Eliminating the jack probably helps make the phone water resistant. I have no disappointments, but I'm not all that wowed either. I do like the new camera features.
    Isn't the Note 7 water resistant and still has a 3.5?
  2. #77  

    Default Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Isn't the Note 7 water resistant and still has a 3.5?
    I don't think mentioning the Note 7 after their last recall helps you make your point, what with all the negative attention it gets due to the recall.
    Evilguppy likes this.
  3. #78  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,433 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Isn't the Note 7 water resistant and still has a 3.5?
    Yes
    PDXMatt likes this.
  4. #79  
    Raptor007's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,963 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by j_squared View Post
    The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.
    That is a problem Apple created all on their own, they keep making the phone thinner and packing the internals together more compactly. Every year users are asking for more in battery size so they can get much much more battery life, not a lateral amount of battery due to processor efficiency. I could care less about it, I may consider a good pair of BT headphones, I may opt to use my upcoming Hearing Aids that are designed to pair with the iPhone and stream audio into them and save a bunch of money.
  5. #80  
    firstborn80's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    339 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Next year is the 10 year anniversary. Unless they change the naming convention, we assume iPhone 8.
    Next year would be the iPhone 7S, but I wonder if they'll even call it that...or assign a number to it at all.
    Tartarus likes this.
  6. #81  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by firstborn80 View Post
    Next year would be the iPhone 7S, but I wonder if they'll even call it that...or assign a number to it at all.
    I am going out on a personal limb and will state now.. there will not be an iPhone 7S.. it will either be the iPhone 8 or they will call it something different like Anniversary Edition. I can't see a radical body change and just adding an "s" to the 7. Would make no sense, with a physical change. 4 to 4s = no body change / 5 to 5s = no body change / 6 to 6s no body change 7 to 10-year anniversary with body change = no "s" Just my prediction.
  7. #82  
    areyes163's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,980 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    I think the overall body design will stay the same actually. I think the big changes will be wireless charging and the new screen tech among the usual camera bumps and processor bump. That's my prediction.
  8. #83  
    Ravanelli's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    31 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    No 3.5mm jack no problem.
    I never listen to music and charge my phone simultaneously.
    PDXMatt likes this.
  9. #84  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I think the overall body design will stay the same actually. I think the big changes will be wireless charging and the new screen tech among the usual camera bumps and processor bump. That's my prediction.
    I meant radical as in hopefully wrapped OLED glass edges, maybe no home button at all, but virtual on the screen. Not a size or shape difference. But enough that calling it a 7S would not fit.
  10. #85  
    firstborn80's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    339 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I am going out on a personal limb and will state now.. there will not be an iPhone 7S.. it will either be the iPhone 8 or they will call it something different like Anniversary Edition. I can't see a radical body change and just adding an "s" to the 7. Would make no sense, with a physical change. 4 to 4s = no body change / 5 to 5s = no body change / 6 to 6s no body change 7 to 10-year anniversary with body change = no "s" Just my prediction.
    You could be right or way off course. Who knows? You mentioned "naming convention" that's why I said 7S. If they stick with the same naming convention it will be called the 7S. Apple may shocked us with something we never thought of. It could also be the reason there wasn't a big change in body style this year. They may be saving it for next year. Again, we don't know. Only thing we can guarantee is that it'll be the 10th anniversary iPhone.
  11. #86  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,841 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by aidmyaim View Post
    I'm excited for the new phone. Cannot pick between jet black or matte black. Both look awesome. I was just a little disappointed to see no Apple Pencil support and that the screen was essentially the same as the 6s plus.
    I think that in the R&D lab, Apple is already 2 or 3 iPhones ahead.
    I think they've already built such a phone but we will see that next year.
    Personally, I find myself often using my phone and iPad at the same time, so I use the pencil with my iPad while typing on my phone.
    I'm not sure if Apple planned on catering to ambidextrous people but it turns out they do, lol.

    The one thing one must remember about Apple is they absolutely do not give a fig about who does it first, they're more than happy to let other manufacturers screw it up before them... So Apple can do it fashionably late but bang on perfect.

    The only thing that bugs me about Apple is I wish they'd make enough devices to give everyone a September 16 delivery date, lol.
    Because by the end of the month, this evilguppy will most likely look like an electrocuted fish and twitch just as convincingly, lol.
    Tartarus likes this.
  12. #87  
    anony_mouse's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by j_squared View Post
    The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.
    Forward to what?
  13. #88  
    Retinella's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,271 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    The jet black scratches so easily. I'm going to get the matte black one instead because of that.
  14. #89  
    avivzan's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    I posted it earlier in this thread, but the more I look at the internal design, and the location of where the previous 3.5mm hardware was, I'm almost convinced now that it was a move to make room for their home button taptic feedback engine, especially given how much Apple values the home button vs. essentially any other feature on the device over the years (as it is one of the last straggler pieces from the original iPhone that is still somewhat in place).
    no room? have you seen how huge the iphone is? am i the only one here that realize that we been played by apple with this BS of more space for more important things?

    guys look at the iphone 6S plus and see the size of the taptic feedback engine, and tell me afterwards if you think that there is not enough space, how come that almost every other company today who makes slimmers phones than the iphone can put a headphone jack.

    you know what's even funnier in all this story, apple filed a patent for a slimmer headphone jack back in 2011. now please tell me why we have to give up to every BS apple tell us, do you think they would bring back the headphone jack later and say we are sorry we were wrong...

    apple never say sorry for their mistakes and never admit them which for me it's a big turn off.

    let me tell you what's going to happen next year, apple going to make a completely new iPhone which will be the iphone 10 years anniversary and it will be a slimmer and smaller and apple will say that they cut the size of the taptic engine by half to make this phone so small.

    and all of us will be very happy and think omg half of the size that's a great innovation and the iphone is so small now we have to buy it now because our iphone 7 plus is so big and could we handle such a big phone before...

    I wish we could all be more critical at the gadget we buy from the company we love and not trying to justify what they are doing all the time.

    this is 2016 i think that we should already get a smaller iphone, with a better screen, bigger battery and a headphone jack and not give up to a sell pitch that Phil Schiller gave us that you can hear from his defensive voice at the keynote that don't really believe what he is saying...
  15. #90  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    I agree with MonkeyJunky. Room to put a massive vibrator? Really? poor decision on Apple's part IMHO. Especially on the Plus version. Apple messed up. And is now the brunt of jokes and negativity. Sorry. Apple should have done better.
    avivzan likes this.
  16. #91  
    jaimeastin's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by j_squared View Post
    The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.
    What space?! Look at the iPod nano... it is super small and look at the headphone jack. If Apple needs to remove space, gid rid of the bezel. There was no need to remove it, period. It could have stayed along with this new wires tech... So now you buy new headphones and have to carry an adaptor... They are the king of adaptors ... All of their corded products break and have to be replaced far to often.. apple is just being greedy and arrogant. This was not bold or courageous... They are not fighting a war or saving lives... They want your money.. and for 90% of people, they will never notice a higher sound quality if there is even one at all.
    avivzan likes this.
  17. #92  
    Nargg's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeastin View Post
    What space?! Look at the iPod nano... it is super small and look at the headphone jack. If Apple needs to remove space, gid rid of the bezel. There was no need to remove it, period. It could have stayed along with this new wires tech... So now you buy new headphones and have to carry an adaptor... They are the king of adaptors ... All of their corded products break and have to be replaced far to often.. apple is just being greedy and arrogant. This was not bold or courageous... They are not fighting a war or saving lives... They want your money.. and for 90% of people, they will never notice a higher sound quality if there is even one at all.
    Wow. Just gotta agree to the quality part, but the arrogant pat, hard to argue against.
  18. #93  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,433 Global Posts

    Default Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by avivzan View Post
    am i the only one here that realize that we been played by apple with this BS of more space for more important things?
    This is true!
  19. #94  
    anony_mouse's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I don't think mentioning the Note 7 after their last recall helps you make your point, what with all the negative attention it gets due to the recall.
    With any due respect this is a very silly post. The fact that the Note 7 is waterproof DESPITE having a headphone socket proves that it can be done. This is very basic logic. Apple must have removed the headphone socket for some other reason.
  20. #95  
    torini's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by anony_mouse View Post
    With any due respect this is a very silly post. The fact that the Note 7 is waterproof DESPITE having a headphone socket proves that it can be done. This is very basic logic. Apple must have removed the headphone socket for some other reason.
    Yes, a new pressure sensitive home button and a bigger Taptic Engine. Which is pretty awesome by the way.
    aidmyaim likes this.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #96  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    I have yet to really hear a lot of people who have the phone in hand complain about it
  22. #97  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    524 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,433 Global Posts

    Default Re: Two disappointments

    Quote Originally Posted by anony_mouse View Post
    With any due respect this is a very silly post. The fact that the Note 7 is waterproof DESPITE having a headphone socket proves that it can be done. This is very basic logic. Apple must have removed the headphone socket for some other reason.
    Exactly
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. how do i cancel an iTunes order from two days ago
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 04:46 PM
  2. Two Whatsapp accounts in my iPhone 6s Plus
    By Raoul High in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 09:13 PM
  3. Sharing music between two accounts on Mac
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 05:03 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 01:53 PM
  5. Two Quick Questions
    By Raymond_Walther in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2016, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions