Two disappointments

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I hadn't thought about it until now but the only time I charge my phone while listening to music is at my desk at work. I never saw the point in buying a dock but now I'll get one and just plug my EarPods into the dock.

Yatezy

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand.. you're (people) are willing to spend $800 on a phone, but cry over a $40 adapter? Stick with the 6 or 6S for a while then. I was a bit sad about losing the port, but life goes onward.

I can't get my head around people being so accepting of this. Like you've just said, you've paid a fortune for a phone and then have to pay even more just to have a the ability to do something simple that was there in the first place.

I could understand the decision if BT headphones were outselling wired ones and it was becoming obsolete technology but I bet my house that ain't the case.

And telling people to just not buy it or move on to a different platform isn't the answer. There are people who want the larger iPhone ready for an upgrade and as we know once you're invested in the platform it's hard getting out of it.

Poor decision by Apple.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't see how an Apple Pencil would be useful on iPhones. I think they don't need to bring an iPhone that supports Apple Pencil. But let's see. Maybe in a future.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't get my head around people being so accepting of this. Like you've just said, you've paid a fortune for a phone and then have to pay even more just to have a the ability to do something simple that was there in the first place.

I could understand the decision if BT headphones were outselling wired ones and it was becoming obsolete technology but I bet my house that ain't the case.

And telling people to just not buy it or move on to a different platform isn't the answer. There are people who want the larger iPhone ready for an upgrade and as we know once you're invested in the platform it's hard getting out of it.

Poor decision by Apple.

We've heard this over the years with many changes, "Poor decision by Apple", yet six months to a year later, we forget it happens and we move on. Not sure why it's a poor decision, since the phone basically sold out overnight on pre-order. I don't think they're taking a hit. Not counting the sales coming for the new wireless ear buds in October and for the stuff from Beats, which they know own. I see it as being a smart financial decision for Apple... few more billion here and there. Something has to pay for that spaceship campus.

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I got wireless earbuds when I got my watch. I'm not really seeing a problem with loss of headphone port. Remember when people were upset by loss of floppy disk? Remember when cd drives went away? I'm sure it will all be fine.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got wireless earbuds when I got my watch. I'm not really seeing a problem with loss of headphone port. Remember when people were upset by loss of floppy disk? Remember when cd drives went away? I'm sure it will all be fine.

I remember a FB post (real or staged) where a kid posted photo of a floppy disk and said.. "Look, someone used a 3D printer to create a save button"

Time move onward.

Yatezy

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
We've heard this over the years with many changes, "Poor decision by Apple", yet six months to a year later, we forget it happens and we move on. Not sure why it's a poor decision, since the phone basically sold out overnight on pre-order. I don't think they're taking a hit. Not counting the sales coming for the new wireless ear buds in October and for the stuff from Beats, which they know own. I see it as being a smart financial decision for Apple... few more billion here and there. Something has to pay for that spaceship campus.

Certainly don't disagree there. It is a smart move by Apple as it helps increase their bottom line. But it's at the cost of shafting loyal customers.

That's what irks me.

But it's business, seemingly that's acceptable behaviour.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Poor decision by Apple.

Wired to Bluetooth, it's about 50/50 on sales right now. Not nearly enough to nix the jack IMHO.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

So this doesn't affect you, and it won't affect others. OK, but blasting at those it does affect? You realize that doesn't make you look good, right?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm excited for the new phone. Cannot pick between jet black or matte black. Both look awesome. I was just a little disappointed to see no Apple Pencil support and that the screen was essentially the same as the 6s plus.

Yeah, I wanted Pencil too. But the screen is awesome.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Certainly don't disagree there. It is a smart move by Apple as it helps increase their bottom line. But it's at the cost of shafting loyal customers.

Still looking for the "shaft" -- you can still use your wired devices. It will only cost you more if you want to use two at once. Then you may have to buy a splitter of some kind. Having to buy a new case, is costing me more. No one is complaining their old case wont' fit.. it's only off by a "bit"... Sorry, just don't buy the argument. My costs were much higher going from the 5S to the 6 and having to get all new cables and docks. That was $$$. This is a minor inconvenience at best.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The audio jack takes up a significant amount of space in the internals of the phone. Space that Apple probably put to better use. There are pros/cons to the move, but it's necessary to push the industry forward.

That is a problem Apple created all on their own, they keep making the phone thinner and packing the internals together more compactly. Every year users are asking for more in battery size so they can get much much more battery life, not a lateral amount of battery due to processor efficiency. I could care less about it, I may consider a good pair of BT headphones, I may opt to use my upcoming Hearing Aids that are designed to pair with the iPhone and stream audio into them and save a bunch of money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR