Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Preorder Question

    For those who have preordered an iPhone 6 or 6s before, were they available in a store the same day you were to get yours?

    Just wondering if it's necessary lol
  2. #2  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Pre-ordering necessary? Depends... If you're in early enough on pre order you're assured to get one on launch day delivered to you... Or, if you go to a store, and are early enough in line, you'll get one before they're back-ordered... 6 of 1 vs. a half dozen of another...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Most of the time mid to high level storage are always gone in store on launch day.
  4. #4  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Just pre order it'll make your life easier. Trust me!
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    I know. Just not sure though. The camera is appealing, if it's better than the 6s then it's probably better than current android flagships, which I want to stick with.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    I preordered mine but I also went to the store on launch day and they was sold out
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

    Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?
  8. #8  
    Tarah Sorber's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

    *~Live life,love life~*
  9. #9  
    isuquinndog's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    227 Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

    Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?
    No they can't touch your data plan. You give permission to have them check the upgrade eligibility so they know what to charge you on the order.
    erwaso likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarah Sorber View Post
    Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

    *~Live life,love life~*
    Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.
    qnet and sunnysideup22125 like this.
  11. #11  
    Tarah Sorber's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.
    Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
    I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

    *~Live life,love life~*
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarah Sorber View Post
    Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
    I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

    *~Live life,love life~*
    I'm sure I'll regret getting the jet black but it just looks too good to pass up.
    Tarah Sorber and Tartarus like this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarah Sorber View Post
    Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

    *~Live life,love life~*
    I called an AT&T store and they said to come in on Friday to pre-order and pick up next Friday. Good deal.
  14. #14  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    There's never a guarantee that any of the stores will have any particular model of the phone on launch day. It's kind of luck of the draw. Sometimes people find stores with a nice assortment of stock in varying colors and storage capacities, and then others end up finding a barren desert for weeks in their local stores. I've always pre-ordered just because I enjoy being lazy on release day and sitting at home while the device is brought to me.
  15. #15  
    sunnysideup22125's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup22125 View Post
    Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.
    I've never quite understood the value behind standing in a mile long line for hours. Last year was actually the first time I went to an actual Apple Store to get an iPhone and the only reason I did was to take advantage of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I had an 8:00 reservation and was inside the store at exactly that time with my dedicated store employee. The line for people without reservations had barely moved when I walked out of the store a few minutes later with my new iPhone.
  17. #17  
    shadowboxer8's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    190 Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    I stood in line for 12 HOURS back in June 2010 when the iphone 4 launched. I was a 22 year old college student so I didn't have work or anything that day but it was still a tiring experience even though I did make some good friends in line ha. But since then I just pre ordered all my iphones and saved the headache and the long lines.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    So does it ship next Friday, meaning you receive it the next week?

    Or do you receive it next Friday?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    You will have it delivered to you on the 16th, otherwise known as launch day.
    erwaso likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    So does it ship next Friday, meaning you receive it the next week?

    Or do you receive it next Friday?
    You will receive the phone next Friday or you can go to the store and purchase one where available
  21. #21  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I've never quite understood the value behind standing in a mile long line for hours. Last year was actually the first time I went to an actual Apple Store to get an iPhone and the only reason I did was to take advantage of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I had an 8:00 reservation and was inside the store at exactly that time with my dedicated store employee. The line for people without reservations had barely moved when I walked out of the store a few minutes later with my new iPhone.
    Some people just like the hype and the atmosphere of such an event. I sat in line for the first couple of iPhones, and given the newness of that kind of hype surrounding a phone back then, it was pretty fun in some ways, but I'd never do it again now. I've seen groups go out and camp for the device, and if you had a group you could have fun with in that regard, I could see the appeal, even if I wouldn't personally enjoy it at all.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    Some people just like the hype and the atmosphere of such an event. I sat in line for the first couple of iPhones, and given the newness of that kind of hype surrounding a phone back then, it was pretty fun in some ways, but I'd never do it again now. I've seen groups go out and camp for the device, and if you had a group you could have fun with in that regard, I could see the appeal, even if I wouldn't personally enjoy it at all.
    I'm a pretty social guy but none of that sounds appealing to me. Maybe my age is just showing.
    dchandler likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I'm a pretty social guy but none of that sounds appealing to me. Maybe my age is just showing.
    I use to do the standing in line thing and it was pretty cool but with new technology I'm done with that.
  24. #24  
    qnet's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,341 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.
    This answered my question. I usually pre order and have it delivered, but I will be at work on that Friday. I'd like to preorder tomorrow and have it for pickup at the store. I hope all goes smoothly.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Preorder Question

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    You will have it delivered to you on the 16th, otherwise known as launch day.
    Nice! And that's through the Apple site and not AT&T right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 06:42 AM
  2. Apple Pay question
    By Chris Cook5 in forum Apple Pay
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 10:50 AM
  3. Quick question re: lock screen
    By Jeff Kirsch in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2016, 12:19 PM
  4. iphone 3 messaging simple question
    By Travlur in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2016, 10:21 AM
  5. Home App Question
    By itsAllenShi in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions