For those who have preordered an iPhone 6 or 6s before, were they available in a store the same day you were to get yours?

Just wondering if it's necessary lol
    09-07-2016 01:59 PM
    Pre-ordering necessary? Depends... If you're in early enough on pre order you're assured to get one on launch day delivered to you... Or, if you go to a store, and are early enough in line, you'll get one before they're back-ordered... 6 of 1 vs. a half dozen of another...
    09-07-2016 02:06 PM
    Most of the time mid to high level storage are always gone in store on launch day.
    09-07-2016 02:08 PM
    Just pre order it'll make your life easier. Trust me!
    09-07-2016 02:19 PM
    I know. Just not sure though. The camera is appealing, if it's better than the 6s then it's probably better than current android flagships, which I want to stick with.
    09-07-2016 02:53 PM
    I preordered mine but I also went to the store on launch day and they was sold out
    09-07-2016 02:57 PM
    Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?
    09-07-2016 03:55 PM
    Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

*~Live life,love life~*
    09-07-2016 08:20 PM
    Well darn lol. If I did pre-order and sent it to my house I'd save on taxes so that's nice lol

Although I have a special plan on AT&T (25gb for 10gb price) , how is the ordering process through the Apple site? Can they not touch and change my plan?
    No they can't touch your data plan. You give permission to have them check the upgrade eligibility so they know what to charge you on the order.
    erwaso likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:26 PM
    Do you think they will let us pre order and pick up in store on release day? Kind of like the 6s was ?

*~Live life,love life~*
    Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.
    qnet and sunnysideup22125 like this.
    09-07-2016 08:26 PM
    Yep, as long as you reserve before inventory sells out. I imagine the jet black will sell out pretty quickly.
    Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
    I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

*~Live life,love life~*
    09-07-2016 08:31 PM
    Yea I've seen alot of people who want the jet black I'm not sure about it... it looks awesome but would I regret it.
    I will most likely do rose gold. I'll be up at 3:01 friday ready to go.. lol

*~Live life,love life~*
    I'm sure I'll regret getting the jet black but it just looks too good to pass up.
    Tarah Sorber and Tartarus like this.
    09-07-2016 08:32 PM

*~Live life,love life~*
    I called an AT&T store and they said to come in on Friday to pre-order and pick up next Friday. Good deal.
    firstborn80 and Tarah Sorber like this.
    09-07-2016 08:45 PM
    There's never a guarantee that any of the stores will have any particular model of the phone on launch day. It's kind of luck of the draw. Sometimes people find stores with a nice assortment of stock in varying colors and storage capacities, and then others end up finding a barren desert for weeks in their local stores. I've always pre-ordered just because I enjoy being lazy on release day and sitting at home while the device is brought to me.
    09-07-2016 10:50 PM
    Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.
    09-07-2016 10:52 PM
    Lesson learned after last year I will definitely preorder. I wanted 128gb rose gold att...got in line about 10 pm the night before and didn't find out till 9:30 am that the combo I wanted was not available. I was so bummed and then dead tired all day at work. Next morning I woke to check the store inventory at 8 am and got the exact combo I wanted with an appointment pick up time. So like I said lesson learned I will be preordering and saving myself the aggravation.
    I've never quite understood the value behind standing in a mile long line for hours. Last year was actually the first time I went to an actual Apple Store to get an iPhone and the only reason I did was to take advantage of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I had an 8:00 reservation and was inside the store at exactly that time with my dedicated store employee. The line for people without reservations had barely moved when I walked out of the store a few minutes later with my new iPhone.
    09-08-2016 08:34 AM
    I stood in line for 12 HOURS back in June 2010 when the iphone 4 launched. I was a 22 year old college student so I didn't have work or anything that day but it was still a tiring experience even though I did make some good friends in line ha. But since then I just pre ordered all my iphones and saved the headache and the long lines.
    09-08-2016 08:40 AM
    So does it ship next Friday, meaning you receive it the next week?

Or do you receive it next Friday?
    09-08-2016 10:05 AM
    You will have it delivered to you on the 16th, otherwise known as launch day.
    erwaso likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:09 AM
    So does it ship next Friday, meaning you receive it the next week?

Or do you receive it next Friday?
    You will receive the phone next Friday or you can go to the store and purchase one where available
    09-08-2016 10:11 AM
    I've never quite understood the value behind standing in a mile long line for hours. Last year was actually the first time I went to an actual Apple Store to get an iPhone and the only reason I did was to take advantage of the iPhone Upgrade Program. I had an 8:00 reservation and was inside the store at exactly that time with my dedicated store employee. The line for people without reservations had barely moved when I walked out of the store a few minutes later with my new iPhone.
    Some people just like the hype and the atmosphere of such an event. I sat in line for the first couple of iPhones, and given the newness of that kind of hype surrounding a phone back then, it was pretty fun in some ways, but I'd never do it again now. I've seen groups go out and camp for the device, and if you had a group you could have fun with in that regard, I could see the appeal, even if I wouldn't personally enjoy it at all.
    09-08-2016 10:13 AM
    Some people just like the hype and the atmosphere of such an event. I sat in line for the first couple of iPhones, and given the newness of that kind of hype surrounding a phone back then, it was pretty fun in some ways, but I'd never do it again now. I've seen groups go out and camp for the device, and if you had a group you could have fun with in that regard, I could see the appeal, even if I wouldn't personally enjoy it at all.
    I'm a pretty social guy but none of that sounds appealing to me. Maybe my age is just showing.
    dchandler likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:32 AM
    I'm a pretty social guy but none of that sounds appealing to me. Maybe my age is just showing.
    I use to do the standing in line thing and it was pretty cool but with new technology I'm done with that.
    09-08-2016 10:35 AM
    This answered my question. I usually pre order and have it delivered, but I will be at work on that Friday. I'd like to preorder tomorrow and have it for pickup at the store. I hope all goes smoothly.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:49 AM
    You will have it delivered to you on the 16th, otherwise known as launch day.
    Nice! And that's through the Apple site and not AT&T right?
    09-08-2016 11:54 AM
42 12